Durban Poison First Time Grower

Hi Mamba,
Your plants look like they have just begun to flower, maybe about a week ago, and yes, this is the time to be giving bloom nutes, along with a smaller amount of the nitrogen. I would follow the directions for about the 1st to 2nd week of flower and give it full strength...
So you have been in veg all of this time before christmas, not flower. Flower is when you see what you are seeing now, when the green growth tips comprised of leaves, turns into what you see now, little flower buttons with pistils shooting out of the center. Depending on the strain, you now have somewhere between 6-9 weeks left in the grow, the flowering stage. You wont start seeing trichomes for a few weeks yet, and those buds will continue to get larger. Give full nutes out there in the hot sun, and enjoy the show!

Hi Emilya, I have taken your advice and have started giving it the Biodiesel the bloom nutrient with phosphorous in it again. I also gave it a lesser amount of the fertiliser with nitrogen in it. The leaves that did not turn really yellow which seem to be a lightish green/yellow seem to be fine. The leaves that turned really yellow and brown are either falling off or are are getting to the stage of nearly falling off. When you say give full nutes I assume that you are talking about the biodiesel which contains phosphorous. I am seeing trichomes, I looked at them last night with a magnifying glass and you can clearly see them in the daylight without a magnifying glass. The flowers have been there and gradually growing since I returned on the 23rd of December they had formed while I was away for ten days, I am not sure whether they were there in real substance before i left, if at all I should have taken some pictures, they have definitely grown a lot in the last couple of weeks. Thats why I'm saying that I'm thinking that its the fith or six week of flowering correct me if I'm wrong. Should I continue with the nitrogen or cut it off completely. We have some mushrooms that have sprung up on the lawn can i add these as a mulch to the top soil of the pot or is that a no no. The buds are definitely getting bigger which is encouraging.

Let's see some current pictures so we can try to determine how far along your buds are. Hopefully you are noticing that some of the light green is getting to be a darker green. As far as the nutes go, it makes sense to be giving bloom and a smaller amount of the nitrogen.

No worries I will take some decent closeup photos of the buds in the sunlight tomorrow and post them.

No worries I will take some decent closeup photos of the buds in the sunlight tomorrow and post them.

Hi Emilya here are some closeup photos of the plant.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    533.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    409.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 61
yep, those look like about 5th week buds, maybe a bit more... so a lot of growing left to go. So, you are losing a lot of fans there... had to be from the past mistakes. It looks like the new growth is the right color, but lets see if we can help you dial this in a bit more. Do you way to test and adjust the pH of your water and water with nutes? With proper adjustment, I think next time we can help you keep from losing all of those fan leaves this early, and maybe keep most of them right up to the end all nice and green. The more leaves you have working, the bigger your buds are going to be.

Hi Mamba.
Keen to see How this turns out. I too grow DP but from seeds collected many years ago in deep dark rural kwazulu natal. Not sure of your genetics but what I've noticed from years of growing the pure African sativas is they will form buds, then it looks like it's about to be done and then a second wave of pistils expload. Wait for that second wave. You won't be sorry. Or if not leave a bud or two on the plant and see what I am talking about. Just shout if you have any questions like I said that is one strain I have been cultivating for over 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom