DWC - First Time Need Help

yea so the roots on the small plant hav grown new oen and is startign to look health i clean both bucket out and just put plane water phd and h202 the big plants roots are still green, im gettign a new camera tomarow so i will try and get some pics up, still ahvnt got anything se tup to lower the watet temps yet goign to try this weeknd

I read this last night ans was like, Man this guy is stoned, but then I was like... I think I'm stoned. :)

yea so the roots on the small plant hav grown new oen and is startign to look health i clean both bucket out and just put plane water phd and h202 the big plants roots are still green, im gettign a new camera tomarow so i will try and get some pics up, still ahvnt got anything se tup to lower the watet temps yet goign to try this weeknd

yes i was stoned dam hash oil, i just type and dont look back srry, but i was just saying the smaller plant has all new roots the bad one fell off, i still have both in clean phd water with h202 , but the big plant still has green roots, adn this weeknd im going to work on getting the water temps down some more, and when my new camera gets here i will load some more pics up

yes i was stoned dam hash oil, i just type and dont look back srry, but i was just saying the smaller plant has all new roots the bad one fell off, i still have both in clean phd water with h202 , but the big plant still has green roots, adn this weeknd im going to work on getting the water temps down some more, and when my new camera gets here i will load some more pics up

There we go. :) Much better. Thank You!!!

Sounds like you have it planned out. Good Luck and keep us advised.

Prairie

420_018.JPG
420_0172.JPG
420_0162.JPG
420_015.JPG
420_0141.JPG
420_0131.JPG
420_0123.JPG
420_0114.JPG
420_0102.JPG
420_0056.JPG
420_0066.JPG
420_0076.JPG
420_0084.JPG
420_0093.JPG

so this is my grow room and set up. so the little plant on there has all new roots grown now and i see one side of the big plant is getting new root growth, so i will do this week one more with plan ph and h202, and probly start some low nuets next weeknd, i do have covers for the plants they were just off while i was cleaning and taking pics, i also just got a bunch of pop bottles and will freez them and swicth them out when they melt but that should help my heat in the water problem, one other issue im not sure abotu is humidty, the hight iv seen mine go to is 38% and my first grow befor this was the same very dry, i mist in there twice a day and i have th small humidifer out side my tent i fill that up twice a day, but my first grow the only problems i had were nats, do you guys think my humidity will be fine at that or shoudl i look into a biger humidifer, i also hav two 2liter with water just sitting open to try make it more humid

Looks like the humidifier might be loosing some of the moisture in the tube there. It doesn't look like there is much room to put the humidifier in the room, so I guess you do what you can. To help up the humidity, you can put some wet towels rolled up and layed on the tops of the buckets. For misting, I would just mist the room at most, not the plants. They are old enough now, that misting is not needed. For veg a higher RH is needed, but I would put that on the bottom of my list. If I'm over 30% I'm happy, and would just add some water tray's or towels.

Your roots are very short, but look healthy coming out. You might think about taking a cup of water from the res and running it through the top to keep things moist. Unless it seems moist enough to you, I can't really tell from the pics.

Really looking like a good recovery started, and now push the res temps down, and get some food (very little) in there soon so they can really start recovering.

I think I see the air pump sitting lower then the buckets? If so, you need to raise them. If the power goes out and the air pump is lower then the buckets, water will flow backwards and cause flooding. I keep mine raised, but have them blocked from the lights to keep the heat off as much as possible.

EDIT: Is that plain water? It looks a bit discolored for plain water and h2o2.

yea i had them raised hanging casue i thoguh of that first but somone mentioned make sure they are not sucking in hot air so i lowerd them but im goign to try ang get some stop valves so they dont do that and break, and friday i plan on cleanign then addign nuets low and see were it goes.

right now i have 1000 watt light with balast that lets me select from 600,700,1000 watts and super lumens i have it set to 600 watts, my heat highet goes to 90 degrees the tent is 3x3 do you guys think i should get 600 watt bulb to try and lower the water temps,, im not sure if it woudl help much just wanted some input on this

right now i have 1000 watt light with balast that lets me select from 600,700,1000 watts and super lumens i have it set to 600 watts, my heat highet goes to 90 degrees the tent is 3x3 do you guys think i should get 600 watt bulb to try and lower the water temps,, im not sure if it woudl help much just wanted some input on this

I would work towards cooling the water down. If you can keep the res down around 65 to 68, they can handle much higher ambient air (though 90 is still too high). For around $150 you could build a DIY chiller out of a small dorm room fridge. You can search on here for that.

Otherwise looking good. Keep the Faith!

Prairie

I would work towards cooling the water down. If you can keep the res down around 65 to 68, they can handle much higher ambient air (though 90 is still too high). For around $150 you could build a DIY chiller out of a small dorm room fridge. You can search on here for that.

Otherwise looking good. Keep the Faith!

Prairie

so for the diy chiller i would need to have all my buckets connected right, only found few fourms on making them and from what i understand it just circulate the hot water to cold from the res back into the res is that correct?

so for the diy chiller i would need to have all my buckets connected right, only found few fourms on making them and from what i understand it just circulate the hot water to cold from the res back into the res is that correct?

Yes, mostly. Though you could have it circulate other ways I would suspect. You could try wrapping the chilled tubes coming out of the fridge around your buckets. Then have a separate tank for just chilled water.

Someone on here used a AC unit and stuck the coil into a tank. He used it to cool his lights, I think. nice setup.

For me, I only needed to keep the bubbler tank cooled. I took the water pump that feeds the net pots, and added about 30 feet of tubing. This long tub goes out the wall of the closet into the next room, and goes into a hole in the back of the fridge. Inside I have it wrapped around the freezing unit (where ice is made), and then back out.

In the summer with temps outside around 100, and the temps in the veg closet around 85 to 90, I can keep two tubs (about 16 gallons) water temp at 65 to 68. The fridge barely runs, and I have the rest of the space filled with water bottles. so the inside has a lot of mass.

This works very well, and I'm planing on putting one in the flower room late spring.

So far the biggest problem with it is cleaning out all the tubing. It gets a bit gross with all the nutes flowing through it. I need to find a way to clean it easier, and to remove it easier. But it still works wonders in keeping the res temp down.

Prairie

yea, i dont want to get that set up it woudl be harder for me to clean, no sinks downstairs for now i just order a new 600 watt light im goign to go with that and see how much it brings my temps down and keep teh ice bottle going everyday

grow_00712.JPG
grow_00614.JPG
grow_00515.JPG
grow_00323.JPG
grow_00226.JPG
grow_00129.JPG
4-15_039.JPG
4-15_038.JPG

i bought 3 sheets of the thickest styrofoam board at hobbie lobby and made this square top, my tent it is 3'x3' and i have my humidifier filled with ice and water blowing in the bottom right now at night with light on the water temps are at 67 degrees and on the top the temp is at 74 i will check it out tomarow and see if they are still this low in the res when the top is higher and i also have a 600 watt light , hope this works better

nice tent, how have the roots been? the last pictures of showed they barely touched water, your plants should be double in size from then.
good luck dude, DWC4life :p

thanks., the roots are growing good ill put soem pics of them tomarow but tsoem part of theme are still green i have them right now still in plane water with h202 in good ph range

srry i have been really busy havetn been able to upload pics i havent even been checking my plant just looked at them today and this is were they are looking much better
grow_00130.JPG
grow_00227.JPG
grow_00324.JPG
grow_00421.JPG
grow_00516.JPG
grow_00615.JPG
grow_00713.JPG

They're looking a lot better, just seems to be a bit of N deficiency, keep up the H202 and all that good stuff, you'll have monster plants before you know it. :)

maybe a bit more (2-3ml) flora micro to help with that N

also, have you heard of stinkbud's system? he uses GH flora, but only grow and micro, cause there's not much need for all that phosphorous with cannabis.

if i have white buckets should i paint them black to block light from gettign in and casue alge to grow,? my set up is just with air stones i have no lines dripiing on the pots, i just keep getting problem on the roots and clean them once week but they keep getting alge or somethiing on them, i tried h202 and hydrozyme( guy from grow shop recomeded) but nether have fixed the issue just slowed it down and the guy at the grow shop doesnt know much about growign is what he told me so i dotn want to aks him for help any more':tokin:

You need a new hydro store that has educated employee's!!!

Back
Top Bottom