Early flowering

riseup101

420 Member
I am hoping for some help... I put out 3 clones in large pots outdoors April 15. They are doing very well but are starting to flower early. I realize I should have waited until closer to June. Will they revert back to Veg on their own, and will the plants be ok?

I don't have the ability to bring them inside, but if they go back into Veg and then reflower in the late summer (like I'm hoping) that would be cool. Im in the south east in the mountains.

Thanks

Will they revert back to Veg on their own, and will the plants be ok?
You did not say where you were but if it is in the Northern Hemisphere there should be no problem.

They will revert back. It takes several weeks to start back into the vegetative stage of growth. If they went outside on April 15th it should have already started. You can tell that is is starting because the newer leaves start to change shape.

Once it starts a couple more weeks and then the plant should be back to normal and ready to grow like crazy. The leaves will once again look normal. I have read several threads about this over the past several years and the growers say that once the plant looks normal again it starts to grow really fast.

There is another ongoing thread on the same sort of thing. Those plants were put outside around the same time and the thread starts on April 21st. It is called Plants flowering to early and the link to it is:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/plants-flowering-to-early.499714/

You can follow some of the changes the plant goes through by checking out the photos in that thread. You will not have to worry about putting additional lights on the plants, the nights are not long enough now for the plants to continue flowering.

If you are in the Northern Hemisphere expect them to start flowering by the middle of August. Some plants might start the first week but mid month is more common.

Have fun.

You did not say where you were but if it is in the Northern Hemisphere there should be no problem.

They will revert back. It takes several weeks to start back into the vegetative stage of growth. If they went outside on April 15th it should have already started. You can tell that is is starting because the newer leaves start to change shape.

Once it starts a couple more weeks and then the plant should be back to normal and ready to grow like crazy. The leaves will once again look normal. I have read several threads about this over the past several years and the growers say that once the plant looks normal again it starts to grow really fast.

There is another ongoing thread on the same sort of thing. Those plants were put outside around the same time and the thread starts on April 21st. It is called Plants flowering to early and the link to it is:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/plants-flowering-to-early.499714/

You can follow some of the changes the plant goes through by checking out the photos in that thread. You will not have to worry about putting additional lights on the plants, the nights are not long enough now for the plants to continue flowering.

If you are in the Northern Hemisphere expect them to start flowering by the middle of August. Some plants might start the first week but mid month is more common.

Have fun.
Thanks! Yes last year i put mine out in July and they were huge and beautiful, i was hoping to get an early start. I will keep a close watch and if all goes well they will revert. I plan on throwing a few more out in a month or so just in case

Back
Top Bottom