Earth Boxes

Tricks

First, may I say hello to everyone! missed you guys for real, the last month or so has been bad...the real kicker is I got a sweet taste of life for the first time in may years, only to become ill again. The bright side is I think I got this health thing figured out, it looks that way, but more about that later in the right section.

I have some of those oblong earthboxes, they are name brand Earthbox, and have the black tube sticking out so you can fill it with water. I was thinking of doing some LST in one of those, I get how you water, just fill up the res, but I never knew when to add water, but it all worked fine, my question is what about feeding? I don't want to waste nutes by adding to much, or when you feed, do you feed from the top, meaning adding the water/nute mix to the soil? Thanks for any help with this, again miss you all, and I hope to be on here more in the next few weeks, I have put together part of a great journal, which focuses on a nute problem, I think it may help a few newbies like myself, I just have to match the pics to the journal.....Peace

Com On bro's and sisters I know someone knows a thing or two about these boxes......I have to get one cleaned out real good (used outside) before I can use it...Peace

That's kind of what i thought, I should have did a search, but things have been nuts lately. I was thinking water in the tube when needed and if you use nutes that mix with water, once you need to feed you could just feed from the top, like you would any other container? I was thinking of doing a LST in one. Still trying to except by having things somewhere else, I may have ruined everything...kind of. It was my friends and my thing, kept at his place, we missed a male and a herm about 3 or 4 weeks ago I guess, well we pulled them to late and everything has seeds, most only a few here and there, but one just got loaded!! oh well live and learn. Peace

im growing alot of things in these boxes. I have the growbox brand i bought 10. when you water one of these well it will drain into the res. and over flow or fill up the res,my res is 4 gals. I'll let my plants dry out some and add some miracle gro liquid 2tbsp to 1 gal h20 for tomato's and 1 tbsp for everything else. so it will drain into the res and be used by the root system. there are huge amounts of roots in the bottom res. this comes in 2 pieces the earthbox does not cant see water level.

600730_401881089858402_833874085_n.jpg

403522_401880859858425_1741033901_n.jpg

Thanks..but i'm still not clear, you fill up the res...and then when its time to start feeding you feed t from the top? and get the benefit of having small amounts drain into the res also? thanks!

I always want to save money, the large one I have cost 30 bucks...but that was a few years ago...more like 8, so I may do the same, the would be perfect for a LST grow, I'm hoping to try that with outdoor tomatoes next year, you don't use a box, grow em the ground but along the ground instead of upright, heard it works great, buddy told me about one 63 ft!! you can feed lots of hungry folks that way and have more than enough for your own family.

Back
Top Bottom