Easy Q's for you Bubblers

jaranth

Howdy Deep Water Culture! :grinjoint:

After checking out all the various hydro methods, I think growing with bubbles is IT for me, but I have a few questions...

I have a few seeds to plant, I'm told they are Romulan x Super Silver Haze. I have no idea what their behavior will be like... so...

1) Using a typical-sized tub with six baskets, and a lower-wattage setup like a 250W HPS (or CFL equivalent), would it be better to try SOG or go for SCRoG?

2) If I have just one tub, would setting up another tub as an external supply reservoir be worthwhile, or just add unnecessary extra work?

I foresee a bubbling cab in my future... :dreamy:

After checking out all the various hydro methods, I think growing with bubbles is IT for me, but I have a few questions...

I have a few seeds to plant, I'm told they are Romulan x Super Silver Haze. I have no idea what their behavior will be like... so...

1) Using a typical-sized tub with six baskets, and a lower-wattage setup like a 250W HPS (or CFL equivalent), would it be better to try SOG or go for SCRoG?

2) If I have just one tub, would setting up another tub as an external supply reservoir be worthwhile, or just add unnecessary extra work?

First off, welcome to 420!! Second, KEEP IT SIMPLE!!! You can do up to 4 female plants in one tub, but they get very crowded. An external reservoir is definitely not needed in this style of growing, as the roots grow into the oxygenated nutrient solution. Make sure to read Roseman's tutorials for some great idea's and advice.

Hey, thanks '76! :ganjamon:

Yep, I know the res isn't required, I just thought it might make things simpler in terms of nute stability (or at least keep me from peeking at the roots every five minutes).

There's SO MUCH to learn and my old brain isn't what it used to be.

*** heads back to Roseman's, Labrat's and other threads to see if I can squeeze more info into my tiny head *** :smokin:

welcome jaranth, i dont think the extra res is needed either. when you do your daily ph , tds, and water level checks youll get plenty of opportunity to look at the roots. i dont know much about the extra res, i only use 5 gal buckets , but seems like an extra to me. good luck and im going to be keeping up with ur grow.

:welcome: to 420 Deep Water Culture!

Good choice in going with a Deep Water Culture set up! All hydro works great but I love growing Deep Water Culture/DWC so far.

TheAnswer said it best bro..."KEEP IT SIMPLE". When the plants are small everything is easy to move around and clean...when they get bigger its a whole different ball game. Think final size of the plants then think about how your going to set it all up. You can expect well over 2' in width per plant and upwards (and beyond) of 36" tall.

Not sure what you meant by "SOG", I only know that as a method of growing (sea of green). Maybe you meant LST (low stress training)? I would not recommend SCROG though, you will have to move and take out the reservoir for cleaning so that would make in virtually impossible unless you attached everything to the lid of the res. LST would work if you made tie down spots on the res lid. IMO I would just "top" them once or twice to even out the canopy. I vegged with cfl's and am flowering under a 250w hps, with the topping there was no need to LST the big girl.

Good luck! Start a grow journal and keep us posted bro! Did you go to the "introduce yourself" section yet? If not stop by and say hi to everyone.

:peace:YD

Back
Top Bottom