Easy ways for homemade hash

i made hash for the first time the other day i got like a gram off of like 8 grams of haze there were so many crystals
. i did the kief screen then took the crystals and packed it tightly into the plactic that a philly comes in coverd the plactic wiht a pieace of contrustrion paper got it wet with warm water then baked it at 350 for ten mins when it cam out roll it will a rollin pin then put it in the frezzer or refrigarator for like 10 mins and it was done for the first time i did it i think it was a good job and like 2/3 hits felt like i smoked a blunt

PaRaLyZeD-420 said:
Sieving the kifSeparation by size, also known as "dry sieving," is the most
widely used commercial hashish production technique. The concept is quite
simple: Trichomes are small, while (most) all other plant parts are large.
Rubbing or agitating trichome-laden plant matter over a porous surface will
result in a fairly pure powder of trichomes that can then be pressed into
hashish.

Devices designed for this technique come in all shapes and sizes, and a great
range of prices. One example is "The Pollinator" invented by Mila in Amsterdam.
This is essentially a cylinder of sieving screen that you place the
trichome-laden plant matter into and slowly rotate. A collection plate at the
bottom catches the loose trichomes for later pressing. Another example is the
popular "kif box." These handmade, attractive wooden boxes are a wonderful way
to catch lost trichomes from your stash of buds.

Creating a small dry sieving device for bulk trichome separation is a simple
process. Begin by finding two tightly lidded containers that nest together. Any
of several "disposable" food storage containers, such the Zip-loc brand, will
suffice as long as there is a "short" inner container that nests tightly inside
of a "tall" outer container. You will also need a section of loosely woven nylon
or silk fabric, such as a knee-high stocking or a scarf to use as the sieve.

Begin by removing the bottom of the inner container. A pair of scissors and a
minimum third grade education should work out well. Stretch the nylon or silk
fabric over the mouth of the outer container and press the inner container into
the outer container until they "lock" together.

Placing your very dry trichome-laden matter in the freezer prior to and during
sieving will enhance harvest potential. Letting the contents of your shaker
settle between loads will reduce trichome loss due to wind turbulence.

Place very dry trichome-laden matter into the inner container directly onto the
stretched fabric. Fit the lid tightly onto the top of the inner container and
begin to shake the entire device firmly and deliberately. Occasional taps onto
the palm of your hand or a table top will also help to free up those glands.
When you get to the end of your trichome-laden matter, go right back and do it
again, and then again for a total of three times.

Let the contents of the shaker settle. Gently remove the inner container from
the outer container to reveal your collection of trichomes. Unless the hashish
is intended for immediate consumption, the trichomes should be dried before
pressing to decrease chances of mold. Spread the powder out on a piece of black
and white newspaper (no colors) or blank cardboard and leave it in a warm
draft-free location overnight.

1> Find two tightly-lidded containers that nest together. You will also need a
section of loosely woven nylon or silk fabric, such as a knee-high stocking or a
scarf.

2> Cut out the bottom of the inner container. Stretch the fabric over the mouth
of the outer container and then press the inner container firmly into the outer
container until they "lock" together.

3> Place "frozen" dry trichome-laden matter into the inner container directly
onto the stretched fabric.

4> Shake the entire device firmly and deliberately to free up those glands. When
you get to the end of your trichome-laden matter, repeat three times.

5> Let the contents of the shaker settle. Gently remove the inner container from
the outer container to reveal your collection of trichomes.

6> Spread the powder out onto a piece of black and white newspaper (no colors)
or some blank cardboard and leave it in a warm draft-free location overnight.

my grinder does this for me! it has 3 compartments with metal screens between. i smoke som keif last night, it is awesome. Now is there any way, if you have like a gram of keif, to make hash out of that? keif is not hashish in my experince. can you ad vegtibale oil or something to make it more like a hashish consistency?

no you get keif and heat it alittle and press. i put all the kief into a little foil package and then heat it alittle ontop of a light bulb then press it between a book. then undo the package when it cools and there you go a nice little block of hash

i explained the whole process i will do it again once u have the keif u pack it in like the plastic of a philly tap it shut make sure it is tight., wrap a pieace of paper tape it then wet the pieace of consturciton paper. bake it on 350 for ten min in the oven,, take it out use a rolling pin and once it comes out of the oven u roll it out once that is done you through it in the frezzer for like 10 min then once done it will come out it brick form.. if u want go to the gallery for has and i took a few pics of the hash i made.. kinda some work but all the methods are and it is just another way of makin hashis

cant you also use rubbing alchohol (sp?) :hmmmm: where all you do is thow in some shake and stems and what not let it sit for a couple days and shake it on and off and then bake the alchohol out of it and if im correct you should be left with like a nice good layer of hash. or so a friend of mine did. hey it got me high as a kite. but that was back in the day ......... not sure if it work again worth a try .... ill let you guys know how it is. :bong:

Please if you do this be carefull alcohol is flamable. DO THIS OUTSIDE, NO SMOKING, NO FLAMES, NO SPARKS. do this at your own risk. i will not to be held liable if you burn down your house or injure yourself.

yes iso oil. you want the purest alcohol you can find, like 99%. you can use the 70% but it will take alot longer to evaporate. what you do is put broken up bud or trim in a jar with the alcohol covering the green. then you put the lid on it and shake it for 2 mins. no longer. if you do it for longer it the alcohol will also get some clorophil from the plant resulting in less pure hash. you strain the alcohol through a coffee filter into a dish that will hold that amount of liquid. the dish should be glass. i stress to DO THIS OUTSIDE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA, NO SMOKING, NO SPARKS OF ANY KIND, NO OPEN FLAME. get an small electric stove or hotplates as some people call them. get a pot with water in it and put it to boil, now put the dish with the alcohol on top of the pot so the heat from the boiling water will evaporate all of the alcohol. it will be sort of like a dubble boiler. now you will see a residue caked onto the plate. this is your hash. get a razor blade and scrape the hash off the plate. make sure it doesnt feel that wet. if so leave it abit longer on the boiler. like i said do this outside because alcohol is flamable so you dont want to burn down your house.

the hash may come out some different ways, hard and flaky or goopy. just thought i would let you know so that you dont get tripped out if you do it.
-edit- i forgot to put in that this is also a good way to salvage mouldy buds. the alcohol will kill the mould and it wont mix with your hash because you filter it through a coffee filter.

Well, I saw this thread on hash making, and I thought I'd contribute my very cheap albeit time consuming hash making method. This should really only be used if you want to make hash from 1/4oz or less, because it is *very* time consuming. So pop in a movie!

What you'll need:

1. Bud
2. Two plastic containers
3. Your hands
4. A grinder (Optional)

The process:

[1] - Sorting and Separation You take your bud, remove any stem and seeds (I hope not) that may be in it, put the bud in one container, and set the stems/seeds aside to do whatever you want with later.

[2] - Grinding
Take your bud from the container it's in, and then grind it up. If you have a ginder, then use that, otherwise use your fingers (don't worry about getting them sticky, that's the whole point anyway) Once you have all your bud ground and in one of the containers (doesn't matter which one), you're ready to begin the long process.

[3] - Transfer
Make sure all of your bud is in one container, now sort of swirl the container for a while so the ground-up bud moves against the walls of it. After a few seconds (maybe 5-10) of doing this, pour the bud from one container into the other, being sure to tap it lightly until all plant matter is transfered. At this point you should notice a very thin dusty layer on the empy container. This is the good stuff, trichomes (kif)!

[4] - Rubbing :)laughtwo:)
Take the finger that you have the most power and dexterity with (I usually use my index or middle finger), and run the tip along the inside of the container; the idea is to get all that kif on your fingers and out of that container. Now, rub your kiffy finger and your thumb together, being careful to spill any kif before it gets balled up. Continue to rub with enough force so that you begin to create a friction and cause heat. Soon, the kif should start to stick together, forming a little dark brown wad, Anyway, once you have this, set it aside, adding it to any that you have already created.

Now repeat steps 3 and 4 until the bud stops giving very fine dusty type particles. Once only bigger stuff is left, that's plant matter; don't use it!

[5] - Refining
If you have a malleable, putty-like ball, then congradulations, you've made hash! You can skip this step. But if instead the wad is slightly crumbly then it's not dense enough. Use any method you want to apply heat an pressure until the wad is packed together tighter, yielding a more malleable consistency. Once this happens, you've made your hash! If this doesn't happen, no matter *how* much refining you try to do, then you have too much plant matter in it, and it's never going to get real "hashy," but smoke it anyway! It's still good, I promise.

:biggrin:

[edit - typos]

^I think he means a weed grinder.

Yes, I mean a weed grinder. And on that note, if you have one that separates the kif from the plant matter, then you can skip right to the rubbing. Just stick your fingertip in the kif, rub & repeat.

I should also mention, make that you use dry buds for this, if it's too moist, it won't properly crumble.

yes that method works great, I also have a grinder that sifts the trichromes(crystals) out and make finger hash all the time, call it hippy crack, roll them into balls the size of quarter and just smoke little chunks at a time.

yeah you can do it while the plant grows. this is actually the way they do it in india i think. they get a growing plant and rub the buds with their hands. they do it a couple times a year to the plant. so you get multiple harvests. its called chakras or something.

I consider it kinda fun to make, and I think it's something you can take pride in, hand-rubbed hash... besides, if you're using that little heat/pressure and it *still* comes out nice and puttyish, you know it's high quality. :icon_cool

Back
Top Bottom