Ebb and Flow Tray 30 Sour Apple Clones

OnTheRocks

Ok so this is my second ebb and flow tray set up that i am attempting so here we go....

SO it all started with my partner Quadzilla (check out his post for our current other grow....) and i taking 50 clippings of our sour apple plants and we put them in 50 2 in. rockwell cube sheet under a dome and 24 hour liight and with a little cheap root solution, the right PH and 22 days we had 44 rooted clones! and after much talk about what to do with them i went out and decided to try a experiment ...... so for lighting i bought a Sun Blaze T5 high output 4' by 8 light set up at my hydro shop for 180 bucks out the door ....... second i bought 30 4 in cubes to put my rooted clones into .... next i went to lowes and went to the roofing isle and there are these 3'x2' heavy plastic black trays for 12 dollars ... next it was off to wall mart for a $4 18 gallon storage bin that would be my reservoir, also at wall mart picked up dual outlet air pump and air stones to keep the water mixed and oxygenated total cost $15.. then it was back to the hydro shop for water pump and 50L bag of rocks the pump was $10 and the rocks were $20 i also picked up the inlet and outlet fittings for the tray both of them together were $3 and some change .... i am using mostly all general hydroponics nutes just the normal GH three part as the base additives are Diamond nectar , in flower ill use kool bloom, bud candy, and snowstorm.

so i will be posting pictures in order that i took them they will go from the clones through set up and to where im at now im posting this a week after set up so ill explain up to now... so i built a wood frame in my room and hung the light ... now to build the tray and Res set up.. i took a 1 in drillbit and made 2 holes in the middle of the black tray for the inlet and outlet .. i screwed those in snug the original plan was for the tray to just sit on the res but that proved to heavy so i used an old piano stand lol took off the lid and kicked out the bottom and the tray sits on top and the inlet and outit are free to do their thing .. used 1/2 tubing to attach the water pump to the inlet then set up the air pump and stones ... i soaked the 4 in cubes in 6.5 ph water and i picked out my favorite 30 clones and put them in the pre soaked 4 in cubes .. with that done i rinsed the bag of rocks till all the red dirty clay bits washed away and put a little over half the bag of rocks in the tray and placed my 4 in cubes.. put the rest the rocks in the gaps and started mixing a batch of food .... so i mixed 10 gallons of water PHed at 6.3-6.4 and PPMs at a little over 800 and put everything in place and pluged it in and let it flood .......... some looked a little sad at first but after 2 days of 24 hour light and letting the pump flood for about 20 min twice a day i was fully in veg and had new green growth i topped the res off with about ten more gallons of water added more nutes with a little extra microgro to give them a boost and left the levels around 800 and started them on a 17 hour on 7 off light schedule and they look great here today on week later i added some diamond nectar today also lets see if i helps!!

so pictures will be up in a few gotta upload them let me know what you think!:slide:

IMAG02891.jpg

set up

IMAG0290.jpg

light on my bed

IMAG02911.jpg

me catching some sun

IMAG0292.jpg

firstday

IMAG03031.jpg

day 3

IMAG0304.jpg

6 days
IMAG0310.jpg

6 days and i put panda film over my cubes as you can see with the lines it made it super bright and plus this will help with humidity keeping the roots nice and moist :)

i plan to flip to 12-12 on sunday :) so hopefully im 6 weeks away from trying this sour apple in hydro! and i get to try it out of my soil plants in about 3-4 more weeks!

Nice job on the Ebb & Flow tray build, I have been looking around for a tray about that size so I will be visiting Lowes tomorrow, you can't beat that price you paid for it compared to the trays i have been looking at. Your clones look like they are taking off to a healthy start and the white sheeting should make them go crazy.Hope everything works out for you...:goodluck:...:roorrip:

thanks guys, yes the tray was a killer buy!

and foxfarm i have known of people doing this too but i think once im in flower im going to throw them under a 600 so i get some denser buds and if i were to flower under it i would buy at least 4 of the warmer bulbs

How often do you change the solution in the reservoir?
How do you do it?

What about space?
With that many plants it looks like it would get really crowded when the plants get big.

:welcome: to 420 Magazine, OnTheRocks.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom