Growing With The Bonzai 120 Hydroponic Rotation Machine

guitarelement

Hello and welcome to my first project with the Bonzai 120 rotation machine.

The Bonzai 120 machine has 24 trays which house the rock-wool "4 x4 x 3" in size, there are 5 rock-wool per tray.

The machine is constructed with Aluminum frame and driven by a motor which used Chains "like a chain on a bicycle to power the wheel instead of "rubber belt" which do not last long.

It is designed to sync. with the clock, so it takes "Half minute for each tray to soak up nutrient when the tray is rotate or move to the bottom of the wheel "at 06:00 o'clock" as it moves clockwise "right to left".

From the top of the rock-wool cube, to the light-tube is 20 inches.
So the maximum height of the plants will be between 16'' to 18'' as I need to give 2 inches of gap from the light-tube to the top of the plants to protect plants from burning because the heat inside the glass-tube which the light generate.
I use a big fan to suck the heat out. This will cool down the glass-tube which I can touch the glass with my hand and do not feel burning or HOT at all.

To setup the entire machine take less than an hour and I can do it myself, but if a 2nd person available it would be better and faster. My wife help me so I have no issue here.

The hardest and most stupid design is How do I insert the rock-wool cube "4x4x3" inside the tray without damage or destroy the cube. This i the only bad thing which I am encounter, otherwise this is an awesome machine. I am trying to make myself a homemade tool so I can insert the rock-wool cube in the tray with out destroying them.
I found out if I pre-soak the rock-wool cube with water, then insert the cube in the tray as it is easier than doing it when the cube is dry.

The train for this project is Super Skunk, I believe it is Sativa so it will take between 10 - 12 weeks for flowering - I am research to get the info from the seed bank to-be sure of the timing for flowering stage.

I will put screen to stop plants from getting taller than 18'' toward the light-tube by using the screen to protect plants from burning because of the heat in the glass-tube.

Vegetation will be ended when the plants reach between 16'' or 18'' from the rock-wool cube as I am monitoring plats height. I only use 18 hours of light during the Vegetation cycle.

Now I switch to 12/12 to transition into Flowering stage for a few days. If everything is O.k I will put them into Flowering stage.

I sued water bought from drinking water machine instead of tab water.

---

Nutrients and Supplements which I used for this project.

I use the General Hydro brand to feed my crop.
Floral Grow - Floral Micro - Floral Bloom >>>>>>>>>>> these are daliy food for the plants

For supplements and additive, I use the following
Open Sesame for the 1st 3 weeks of flowering stage
Beasty Bloom for the next 3 weeks of flowering stag
Cha Ching for the 3 weeks after that

I also used Molasses syrup for sweeten and help flower to get dense

To protect plants from Bugs, Insect. I use SNS 209 "SierraNaturalSience" which I mix with the nutrient so plants will buildup an internal defense system to fight back attach from Bugs, Insect...
Then I Flush the system with Floral Kleen for a few days before Harvest.

To be continue. T

So cool for helping me. I am going to delete this and create a new one complete. Thanks. by the way is the cops watching us, do they ever contact you. It does bother me.

I made a bad comment about the Bonzai as how terrible it is to insert the rock-wool cube into the tray. Actually it is not so hard and much easier after sock in water, you can easily compress the height of the cube to be a little shorter and it goes in easy. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom