Athos' - Cap'n Style Inspired - THC Bomb Fem Photo - 2014

re: Athos' - Cap'n Style Inspired - THC Bomb Fem & Photo - 2014

Ok, not quite a month has gone by. I got them dialed in pretty good. I still haven't gone above 20ppm of nuts. But I may increase a bit, maybe 30 or 35ppm next time. I take readings everyday, and the girls are starting to increase their feeding, the ppm drops a couple of points each day. The PH has never been stable no matter what I try so I gave up and just add ph down to 5.8 every day in the morning and the night, basically between every one or two feedings. I've also been keeping about 4-10ppm of bleach in the system at all times and everything is squeaky clean. They look happy to me. I may top the THC bomb to give the youngsters time to catch up. I might also take some clones of the THC bomb and veg them with my house plants...idk. Finally, I was also thinking that since I'm basically doing a flood and drain through the top, I could put some clones in the totes, rig up more drippers and load up the tent, extend my veg period and flower all at once.

Thanks for looking
DSC_1241_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1239_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1238_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_1237_-_Copy.jpg

Based on the continued drop in PPM each day it seems like everybody is feeding well. I topped the THC bomb, clipped the leaves, gave it a dunk in some cloning gel and set it up in a freshly soaked RW cube. We'll see if she roots. I'm not too concerned either way. This will give the little girls some time to catch up as the Bomb shakes off the shock.

So I did some reading, and it seems like since my PPM is steadily dropping that I can up my nute concentration. So next time I'm going to try maybe 75ppm and see how they like that. Here are last weeks numbers just for kicks. Let me explain my notes, I take a reading first thing (PH/PPM) and then a reading after I adjust my PH. I also write the +/- change in value of the PPM.

Start 9/13 - 5.8/140 (See two posts ahead)
before 7.0/131 -9 PPM
after 5.8/136 +5 PH↓
b 6.9/133 -3 PPM
a 5.8/136 +3 PH↓
b 6.7/128 -8 PPM
a 5.8/132 +4 PH↓
b 6.8/129 -3 PPM
a 5.8/130 +1 PH↓
Top up H2O 6.9/125 -5 PPM
a 5.8/128 +3 PH↓
b 6.9/125 -3 PPM
a 5.7/127 +2 PH↓
b 6.6/120 -7 PPM
a 5.8/123 +3 PH↓
b 6.6/114 -9 PPM
a 5.8/115 +1 PH↓
Top up nuts 6.8/107 -8 PPM
a 5.8/134 +27 PPM/PH↓
b 6.7/122 -12 PPM
a 5.8/125 +3 PH↓

Small update, I got the Bluelabs Guardian monitor. This thing is so cool! It has saved me so much time fiddling with those hand held meters. It also revealed an error on my part, I guess the units I've been usind were TDS not PPM. Not sure what exactly the difference is, but I was initially confused during the monitor setup when the ppm reading was off from my regular meter. I read up on that, maybe that is the reason I burned my THC Bomb early on? The girls are taking off, THC has reached the SCROG screen and the other are not far behind. I've been cutting off the lower suckers and cloning them, I have to figure out what to do with them in the long run... I'll add pictures sometime next weekend.
Thanks for looking

Edit: NM, the monitor just has two scales of ppm ECx500 and ECx700....

Subbed! I like your setup, I've actually been thinking how to use a F&D setup to save space during flower, still need more research. I'm also confused about your PPM readings as I am currently @ 300 with intentions to go to 4, and my seedlings are only 5 or so weeks in. Perhaps it is the over saturation that makes less PPM go further.

Subbed! I like your setup, I've actually been thinking how to use a F&D setup to save space during flower, still need more research. I'm also confused about your PPM readings as I am currently @ 300 with intentions to go to 4, and my seedlings are only 5 or so weeks in. Perhaps it is the over saturation that makes less PPM go further.

Thanks. It is working out better than planned. I've finally flipped to 12/12 and did a final defoliation the other day. I had stopped updating because nobody seemed interested. I'll take some new pictures tonight. I've been increasing the ppm over time, I'm currently at about 450ppm. The THC Bomb finally settled down and it seems to be doing great. I still think the THC Bomb's genetics are crap. I've been rooting clones of all the suckers I've been trimming from under the screen. The Royal Critical and the Blue whatever the other plant is called both root like mad. The THC Bomb doesn't want to root at all. 2 strains at 100% clone success to >10% success with THC Bomb, something's not right. Any who, welcome aboard. On a side not I'm using the General Hydro expert recycling schedule at about >1/2 strenth, I put about 2 gallons worth of nutes per 5 gallon bucket of tap water plus cla/mag and silica blast. One more edit, I'm feeding 7 times a day. 5 times during lights on and once before lights on and once after lights out.

I'm 0/3 on THC Bomb I think, so I know that pain, but last year I figured I'd give Bomb Seeds another try and picked up some Cherry Bombs which I'm now growing, along with a free RQ Power Flower (I think?). A friend of mine was able to start his op about 6 or so months before me, so I gifted some beans which are all doing very well as I got to sample most. There are also many Capn style growers in my journal, each with journals of their own so the info is freely flowing. I'm glad you are still posting your progress and am looking forward to some current pics.

Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your grow and subbed. I've deviated from the capn style pretty heavily. I went sterile because I chikened out on the live res. I also needed to keep my res outside my tent for temp reasons, and the desire to have one reservoir for nutes and a waste reservoir. Fortunately, that didn't work because my recirculating reservoir has worked great. I just run the same water for two weeks and then changout. I have barely used a 10th of the large bottles of GH nutrients I bought since August. Heck, I'm afraid they're going to go bad before I come close to using all the bottles. So my current setup is more of a flood and drain, not that I planned it that way. Here is the issue I had. The watering halos would drain the res dry without valves controling the flow. Using a smaller pump and the halos wouldn't really work, so the pump has to run hard enough to push water out each hole in the halo but not so hard as to drain the res. The best I could do is to ride the edge, have the pump work just a bit faster then the drain for a top fed flood and drain system with a recirculating reservoir. Next time I'm going to use larger drain pipes and run the pump full out to get my saturation that way. By capn inspired I guess all I can say is that he inspired me to try hydro and experiment. Sorry for the long post I'm board at work.

Does your reservoirs consist the space between the clear totes, i.e. the lower tote? Also, I personally have ran with H202 in my nutrient and still contracted pythium in my clones. Granted the water temps were near room temps and it was aeroponics in hydroton. however, the lesson I took was that getting pythium can still happen in a sterile environment, where I thought no bacteria can live, let alone thrive. Ever since I ran with bennies, I never had a problem.

hi! i am a five year grower. and i have tried many streins. I got some thc bomb, and i did both indoor and outdoor with it. i got five fem seeds. sprouted three. (still have two). two of the three, were very close to each others looks. the third one, was more indica, and short. this one i put outside this season. had a hole 4x4' filled with mirical grow garden soil. and anyway, in my short climate (w wa), it actually finished! buds were every bit as firm as inside. and inside, have been the hardest nugs ive got off any plant. she ended up over nine feet tall. and about 7 thru. while not as aromatic as the indoor girls, it was every bit as potent. everyone tells me, its some of the most potent they have smoked. my indoor, was grown in five gal pots of soiless mix. and finished out in just over seven weeks! i got like 2.5 oz off each plant. its all in the pot size. i know. i put one outside, in the pot. it got no larger outside, as the indoor. id like to try some of bomb seeds other hybrides. like cluster bomb. ice bomb. berry bomb. thanks for your report.

First, no the totes are just to get the plant up to keep them above the water level of the res. The res itself is outside the tent.

Cannilingus, yeah I'm sure it smokes great, most the reports say so. I think that the breeding for potency of the buds came with other recessive traits. I'll take a picture to illustrate my point. I made an aero cloner and put some clones in a neoprene plug together. One was THC bomb, one was Blue Kush or Royal Critical. One has huge root growth one hasn't even thought about roots. Combine that with the super sensitivity to nutes for nearly a month and a half.... IDK it still could be me. Once I dropped the nutes like Hunternitro suggested things went great. I'll keep you updated.

Pictures to follow promise.

Looking real good in there, that screen is gonna be a mess with buds everywhere!

yep. looks just like mine did. i had three phenoes, out of three seeds. two were nearly identicle, until bloom. then one was just gorgeous. the third was more indica, and had the best smoke. but all were good. that milar stuff, i found to be more harm than good. it gives hot spots. use the brightest white paint you can find. thats more reflection, and totally even. some streins are tough rooters. i won over "most" of this, by premoisenting my soilless, fill 3" pots with it. i add three drops of superthrive into the water. put ph to about 5.8-6.0, place the pots in a tray with the dome, and with a towel over a heat mat, lay em on this. keep about a 1/2" of water for them to sit in. and, do not put under light. i have a cgl bulb, and my babies are a foot or so to the side of it. after a few days, move just a little closer. some plants, cant take much light at first. they want to root. so they dont need much light. it hurts em. after a few days, i open the little vents on the plastic dome all the way. after another week, i remove the lid. by this time, they are right undeer the cfl light. i think "gradual" is the way to clone. i had some medi ounce. it took a half dozen clones, for one to survive. but, i was not very experienced, at that point. still. they were hard to clone. easiest i have ever cloned? jack herer. white widow.

I love watching Sativa (dom) plants grow. Those large top branches are gonna fill out something fierce in the coming weeks. Hope you got some yoyos on hand to hold them up when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom