Cap'n Style Top-Fed Simple Hydroponics With Grow Chunks

The use of molasses in the tea is to feed the micorrhizas bacteria colony (Great White & Aqua Shield) and get them active. Once the good bacterial army is ready to march (36-48 hours), the tea (molasses is mostly consumed) is added to the media bed to feed the roots which injects the myco army to kill any traces of bad bacteria which then leaves the root mass platinum white, especially in the RW. I completely comprehend your insistent desire to stay away from molasses as I share the same practice, however, because it is used in a separate brew to aerate for 36-48 hours, I now know the myco colony will consume most or all of that, and by that time, they're just getting started so any other possible bacterial growth in my root mass will not stand a chance, and because I/we do this once weekly, nothing but a beneficial bacterial root mass will be what our gals stand on and eat from.

Exactly! But I add a cup per plant at the roots every third day.

Got some more batteries & retook the seedlings...some (lol) came out better, oh well.

021343.JPG

Carmel Ice
022304.JPG
023280.JPG

Jack Herer
024254.JPG
025259.JPG

Critical Hog
026244.JPG
027221.JPG

other Jack Herer
028225.JPG
029200.JPG

Hey JamThe3, Take a picture (close up) of both so when KingJohnC rolls through you will get an answer much faster.

As a rookie I think everything is looking great, but what do I know I'm here to learn.

Okay, two weeks above ground on the seedlings and here's where we're at. The Jack Herer who came up so nice has gone into a tailspin while the Jack Herer who didn't want to "stand up" and was questionable as to even making it has seemingly pulled through and is making a solid run at life. The femmed Critical Hog & Carmel Ice are looking nice and meandering along. Both of those have got their second leaf sets well under way w/the Carmel Ice clearly showing three fingers on hers. Don't know what the heck is going on w/Jack Herer #1. Put in just a tad of a supplemental Nitrogen hoping that they just need something from the git as (unless its drying out somehow) I honestly have no clue as to what ails it...looks like massive nute burn even though its received nothing but plain ph'd RO water up until yesterday. Today gave the same mild nitrogen enhanced watering to both Jacks and just regular water to the other two as they seem to be fine & moved them into the veg closet under a 600w MH 30" down to acclimate to the environment; will gradually get them closer over the next week. So far I'm not overly impressed with rates of growth, but then again, what grower ever is lmfao.

Group shot
0011796.JPG
Critical Hog
0051533.JPG
Carmel Ice
0081169.JPG
Jack Herer #2
0071279.JPG
Jack Herer #1
0031716.JPG
and the Blue Rhino in the veg tent with them 'till Friday or so; she's 18" diameter & 9-12" tall so far
010961.JPG

Can you please take some photographs of your 8-Ball Kush, I am concerned I see a magnesium deficiency starting?

They're both in the flowering closet currently; I'm contemplating chopping the Blue Rhino that's in there also as early as tommorrow and will try to remember to snap some pics of them for you. Keep in mind what I've been saying about the original seed/pheno they came from this whole time and that they're only "space fillers" as my seed order for this journal was a month late in arriving. I put their pics in only to try and keep the slow going beginning here semi-interesting 'till some real growth/discussion takes place. I'll get a tad of bud off one of 'em and realistically am only growing the other for hash and oil, so most likely won't "over indulge" on either really. I am however curious as to what you saw/and have to say when I get the pics up...maybe tommorrow, for sure no later than Friday.

Decided just to put 'em up now, so here goes:

The two 8-Ball Kush's; 1st one (first two pics) has 2-3 weeks to live and the 2nd one (next two pics) went into 12/12 six days ago:
012749.JPG
013689.JPG
014627.JPG
015569.JPG

A bag seed I have great hopes for, flipped 11 days ago:
011826.JPG

and my bread & butter plant, a Blue Rhino about to be chopped any day now:
018415.JPG
016516.JPG

Feel free to chime in with any guesses/advice/whatnot as to what may be going on with the Jack Herer seedling and actions that might save it as I don't see it surviving the week unless something drastically changes fairly quick.

Hi Jam! Do your lolypop Rhino's ever smell musty or mildew at times? I tried lolypop once and almost lost a crop a couple day later :( Some of you guys seem to do it trouble free is there a trick to it?

JH #1 looks nute burned , maybe also the stem was tugged breaking tiny bit of roots...? It is salvageable but will take extra time and care.

I know right, only it got that way w/o ever receiving even a drop of nutes lol. Has to be something w/down under in the roots although for the life of me I don't know what it coulda been...I must've done something when planting it in the pot is all I can think of, oh well. So, how do I salvage it...time & care I'm in abundance of.

As far as the lolly pop question, no I've never smelt anything odd. The Blue Rhino actually smells very fruity and is quite pleasant on the nose. I don't really lolly pop per se, but as she finishes I start removing the done fans as (to me at least) its easier while still on the grow than after chopping to get rid of as much crap as possible. Plus I just hate seeing dead junk on the shrubs. If a fan turns completely brown and is nestled deep inside a cola, my coordination level plays hell trying to dig it out after the fact lol. I just remove the ones that are yellowed as harvest approaches and then as many as possible by hand the night of harvest prior to cutting branches, then manicure and dry. The Blue Rhino's smell nice to me all the way through...the 8-Ball's smell foul to me until they cure for like a month, and then they're only just bearable. But to each their own, kinda like cars...there's a seat for every arse, lmfao.

Yeah, I definately kept her to close to the fan for her liking. When you have time, it'd be great to get some insight on my sickly Jack Herer seedling.

Okay, this is what they looked like about two days ago. Started to see the cotyledons turning on the Carmel Ice and can't think of anything the prob w/the Jack Herer other than either over watered or lack of nutes, so gave them a small shot of Nitrogen the next day and today mixed up an approximate 60ppms N - 40 ppms P - 40ppms K. They seem to like it so far but we'll see after the weekend when I next show them again. Any ideas anyone on a timeframe for potting up?
Carmel Ice:
0011803.JPG

Critical Hog:
0031723.JPG

and the two Jack Herers:
0041621.JPG
0051539.JPG

Funny how the now sick Jack started so well while the other one barely got outa bed for a week and now's looking well...frick'in Cannabis, lmfao!

hey Jam,
is the jack herer the one you wanted me to see?
If so there is no need to feed the seedlings until they ask for it, I wait till I see the lush dark green look to be turning and lightening up, I dont wait till there all yellow but if you look at them everyday you will know when there asking.
Great to see ya and Im glad you still swing by my place.
Im chillin and watching the vacuum chamber today
This weekend is for sWeetP so I will do my stuff today :)
I hope that helped if not let me know

hey Jam,
is the jack herer the one you wanted me to see?
If so there is no need to feed the seedlings until they ask for it, I wait till I see the lush dark green look to be turning and lightening up, I dont wait till there all yellow but if you look at them everyday you will know when there asking.
Great to see ya and Im glad you still swing by my place.
Im chillin and watching the vacuum chamber today
This weekend is for sWeetP so I will do my stuff today :)
I hope that helped if not let me know
Thanks S1ing, I think I probably shoulda started a mild feeding about a week earlier...live and learn. Do you start off in small pots and then pot up and if so could you give a little insight on how and the time frame more or less of how you go about it. Matter of fact, why don't you just put your life on hold and come grow them for me, lmfao. Seriously though, time frames +/- and size/frequency of up potting would be helpful from you or anyone else who's already grown this style before would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom