EC issues

Dani smoke

Can anyone help again IV been feeding 3ml a and b moonshine 1 ml calmag 1.3ml she seems to be growing fine just the pale leafs at the top I tested my EC it's 2.2 coming out only 1.8 going in my pH is 5.8 going in but coming out 6.6, so I flushed with 0.4 EC food pH 5.5 literally 10 litres collected all run off tested still no change

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_075619.jpg
    IMG_20181103_075619.jpg
    870.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20181103_075615.jpg
    IMG_20181103_075615.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20181102_084624.jpg
    IMG_20181102_084624.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 69
In my experience, which might be different than other people’s- ph tends to rise in the root zone. I ph at 5.6-5.8. Generally the runoff is in the low to mid sixes, in my grow anyway.
I don’t worry what the runoff says as long as my plants seem happy. I just worry about getting the ph accurate on the feeding end.
As for the EC runoff- same thing. I don’t worry about it unless I need to starting looking because my plants have problems. It just means that you’ve been feeding them a little more than they could use, and excess nutrients have collected in coco, IMO.

Its just the lightness on the older leafs top of plant all new growth ect is fine IV upped food thinking it was under fed... Clearly not because there no uptaking it all clearly from my run off....

Nutrients can collect in the pot, and unless you get a fair amount of runoff once in a while, you might see some very high EC runoff when you do. I assume they’re still feeding. They seem to look happy.

Can anyone help again IV been feeding 3ml a and b moonshine 1 ml calmag 1.3ml she seems to be growing fine just the pale leafs at the top I tested my EC it's 2.2 coming out only 1.8 going in my pH is 5.8 going in but coming out 6.6, so I flushed with 0.4 EC food pH 5.5 literally 10 litres collected all run off tested still no change

When you say moonshine do you mean moonshine nutrient enhancer?

Because you have to lower your nutrient input by 1/3. So if you're giving them 1.8 it's like giving them 2.4 E.C.

So I put in 0.3 E.C of AN cal mag, then 1ml moonshine per litre (so 10ml if I'm making that much food), cannazym at 2.5ml/L, if I'm using a booster I would add that now (like delta 9), then main nutrient to desired E.C.

For flowering you would want to be at 1.4-1.5 E.C when using moonshine nutrient enhancer.

They or, and I feed to run off every time in hope I didn't get lock out, I hope this flush will make them yellow leafs disappear, it's frustrating because she's growing fine

Also a lock out due to the coco being cold is possible.
Example: Four plants, same nutrient feed and in a tent. Two are sitting on foam and two are sat directly on the floor.

So you flip the light cycle, and the two which are cold don't really stretch much and start going light green. And they stop drinking. The two healthy ones have a main stem double the size and very thick branches which have stretched 3x as much as the sick plants.

It's also possible to get a lock out when you flush and it's not needed.
I've seen run off of 3.6 before flushing and the plants were good.

Leaf damage doesn't normally change back.

I see your post is a few weeks old, how did you get on?

Back
Top Bottom