Electric question

closetop

I bought a lighting controller and some leds and to my knowledge the controller is an

Lrc-8p

120/240 volts

Now my leds are obv 120 volts. I have 3300 watts of led and 2 can filters

So on top of my dedicated 15 amp 120 id like to also run the lighting controller so i can plug cans and fan into my main power and dedicate the controller for the lights.

Since. I have 3 lights i plan on going the 4 light route.

It says for 4 light specs

Main power:120 or 240 volts
Receptacle type:4 nema 5-15, 6-15 or universal
Maximum lighting wattage:1k per outlet

Maximum relay amperage:30 amps

Ok so im far from an electrician first off.

My thoughts on this are the following correct me if im wrong.

I have 2 sides of 4 outlets totaling 8.

Im using 4 so i only need 1 side.

I need a 30 amp dual pole breaker that should fit in my service panel aka breaker box fuse panel what have you.

So onto my confusion,

Main power req supplied by user

30 amp dual pole breaker and #10 awg wire

This is for the 4 light one.

Its harping about making sure if im using 120 volts to make sure the ballast is set to operate at 120 yada yada

I understand most of this i dont use hps im using 2 1500 watt leds that dont draw 1k watts on each receptacle. And a 3rd 300 watt led so im not concerned there also i believe none of this applys as this is hid light controller and im uding led so power draw is nominal at best compared to hps draw on ignition.

Where im confused is if it will fry my lights if i only supply 120? From a 30 amp

And isnt dual pole providing 240 on 2 buses?

420-magazine-mobile801089041.jpg

If not is it really as simple as running the #10. Romex to the main panel into the 30 amp breaker and wiring it like they show cuz if so i dont need an electrician as my attic is right over room and run is 40 ft from main panel so im just going to run that the same way the romex is down the channel to breaker can someone help a bit and explain to me if im wrong if im right some pointers etc

Update im pretty sure i understand it a little better now each 2 outlets has 15 amp thus the 30 amp dual pole id technically be providing 120 to 2 seperate circuits?

Hi -- I read your post twice I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish and what your question is. If you could try to punctuate a little better and write complete sentences, that would help a lot. (When you're asking for help, it's best not to make your helper work too hard just to understand you.)

And not to be rude but i see nothing wrong with any of it i clearly state my questions using a question mark and me making a statement does a 30 amp breaker run on 2 buses makes perfect sense and i dont know electrical but to sum it up its 2 15 amp fuses basicly each 2 outlets is getting 15 amps so that questions answer is clearly yes im lost what are u not getting about my questions

And just so you are aware im on a mobile app so it is very hard to make a long post like this and keep track of what you've wrote.

And the format looks ok to me so just ask me a specific question about it and ill be able to explain what im doing better i basicly was looking to wire it myself into the fuse panel it requires a dual pole 30 amp breaker and 10 awg wire

Lol i try i like to learn anything i can irl i do programming so im a bit eccentric maybe i came across diff than i meant but i was asking questions and making assumptions hoping others would tell me where i was confused

Troubleshooting from afar is difficult, so as much well-organized, easy to digest information possible really helps. The clearer you can be about what you're using and what you're trying to do, the better the help will be... Ya know.

Ill pm u in proper grammar tomorrow lol

It's all about effective communication and not making your reader strain to second-guess what you're trying to ask, not "proper grammar." When asking for help, you want to make helping as easy as possible, no?

If it's too hard to understand you, many people will just skip your question (or drop off the thread....................).

I bought a lighting controller and some leds and to my knowledge the controller is an

Lrc-8p

120/240 volts

Now my leds are obv 120 volts. I have 3300 watts of led and 2 can filters

So on top of my dedicated 15 amp 120 id like to also run the lighting controller so i can plug cans and fan into my main power and dedicate the controller for the lights.

Since. I have 3 lights i plan on going the 4 light route.

It says for 4 light specs

Main power:120 or 240 volts
Receptacle type:4 nema 5-15, 6-15 or universal
Maximum lighting wattage:1k per outlet

Maximum relay amperage:30 amps

Ok so im far from an electrician first off.

My thoughts on this are the following correct me if im wrong.

I have 2 sides of 4 outlets totaling 8.

Im using 4 so i only need 1 side.

I need a 30 amp dual pole breaker that should fit in my service panel aka breaker box fuse panel what have you.

So onto my confusion,

Main power req supplied by user

30 amp dual pole breaker and #10 awg wire

This is for the 4 light one.

Its harping about making sure if im using 120 volts to make sure the ballast is set to operate at 120 yada yada

I understand most of this i dont use hps im using 2 1500 watt leds that dont draw 1k watts on each receptacle. And a 3rd 300 watt led so im not concerned there also i believe none of this applys as this is hid light controller and im uding led so power draw is nominal at best compared to hps draw on ignition.

Where im confused is if it will fry my lights if i only supply 120? From a 30 amp

And isnt dual pole providing 240 on 2 buses?

420-magazine-mobile801089041.jpg

If not is it really as simple as running the #10. Romex to the main panel into the 30 amp breaker and wiring it like they show cuz if so i dont need an electrician as my attic is right over room and run is 40 ft from main panel so im just going to run that the same way the romex is down the channel to breaker can someone help a bit and explain to me if im wrong if im right some pointers etc

Lol lucky for you I'm an electrician, your post is a little confusing, however your question is whether or not you will fry your lights. The bottom line is your breaker/ fuses are there to protect your wiring from short circuits, overloads and unsafe conditions. I don't understand exactly what your total circuit load is from your post, but if the circuit is overload you will just blow a fuse/ breaker. If you have two 1500 w plus a 300, that is 1500+1500+300 =3300w. 3300/120=27.5 amps, which is overloaded by Canadian code( I'm assuming American too). You should probably go with the 2 pole breaker/240 bolt otherwise you would have to upgrade to a 8 gauge wire for 120v operation( again, Canadian standard).

Back
Top Bottom