electricity warning.

tronix

Ok, I've been reading the posts in this forum for a while, and its scary how many people are willing to risk, life, limb and property to grow this stuff.
For those who dont already know, I am an electrician. So ignore this advice at your own peril.

Never, rig something up to provide power to your setup.
A. you will likely exceed the circuit breakers limit, and trip breakers like crazy, getting you caught if that is an issue.
B. Unless you know what you are doing, you may end up burning yours or your parents house down. When the fire investigator finds the grow room, you better hope they dont find a scrap of evidence of what was in it, or you will be without a house and locked up on the same day...or dead.
C. Dont try to fix ballasts and lights yourself. Ballasts take 120v and turn it into 24,000v..touch the wrong wire and you'll know it.
D. Dont try to "steal" power from the meter can next to yours. The wires that go into the meter can are un-fused, it's only 120v, but 120, un-fused will hold you, not allowing you to let go, until it's too late.
E. dont put too many things on one circuit, most receptacles have a 20 amp circuit breaker, look at you electric devices, on the sticker on the back they will state how many amps they draw. Add them all together, if they add up to over 20 amps, you will trip the breaker, every time you turn it on.

Use, circuit breaker equipped power strips, preferably plugged into an isolated circuit ( a circuit that has nothing else on it.) Make sure the circuit breaker in the panel works, before depending on it. Dont try and splice extension cords together, cords are cheap..go buy a longer one. If your setup develops a leak and you see the floor is covered with water. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STEP INTO THAT WATER. Go to the main panel and shut the appropriate circuit off before attempting to fix the problem, If you aren't sure which one it is, turn the main off (usually the big breaker at the top.)

C'mon be safe people. Electricity is nothing to fool with, if you aren't sure ask for help BEFORE attempting anything. If I am here I can answer most questions. feel free to hit me up.

excellent post... i wish i knew to come to you when i was wiring my hps lights..... i honestly was scared of electrocuting myself but luckily the website that sold me the lights gave me wiring help

Good Post.........
This Is No Joke.......
This Man Knows His Stuff. Be Safe,.
You Can And Will Die..................

Back
Top Bottom