Electricity

Off the top of my head i dont know how many amps my AC is. Its a kenmore, looks exactly like this one
Says 15amps...

I think im going to look into getting an electrician to adding two more 15amp breakers to my panel and wire two seperate circuits to my closet. I would prefer to use what i already have which is an outlet in my room and one outlet outside of my room which are on different circuits. But if i go that route then i still wont have enough to run my AC and 1800w or so. A buddy at work was telling me about how to add them but then i would have to go to the basement and wire it from the incoming line to my circuit breaker panel box then wire the circuits from the panel to the outlets in my closet. Thats a lot of work esp since idk wtf i would be doing. I know its not that hard but better safe then sorry. I was thinking of getting a UPC,which is used for computers and such but they are expensive as well. Shit sucks tho i have the money to buy all my grow stuff but now i am not sure if my electric setup and handle it all.

I give you credit for tryin to sort this out ahead of time, instead of after you have a problem.

I looked at the specs for the a/c and it draws almost 5 amps. That's not as bad as I thought it would be. That stiil gives you about 7 amps that you could add to that circuit and be ok. Can you give me a breakdown of the equipment you plan on using and their respective load (amps or watts)?

I give you credit for tryin to sort this out ahead of time, instead of after you have a problem.

I looked at the specs for the a/c and it draws almost 5 amps. That's not as bad as I thought it would be. That stiil gives you about 7 amps that you could add to that circuit and be ok. Can you give me a breakdown of the equipment you plan on using and their respective load (amps or watts)?

I cant give you exact specs of everything but a broad idea of what i plan on having on my rooms circuit and what i already have. Here we go:grinjoint:

When at work and away for about 16hrs a day I will have my router which is lynksys and my arris modem. Those are the only things Im going to have plugged into my outlets while im away. Im going to rewire things so I can just switch off surge protectors to kill my tv, pc,,reciever and monitors.

things associated with my grow will be these items i am going to get. I am open to new suggestions obviously:

Product Link Price
Lumatek hortilux 400w hps with timer/400w agro bulb and 6" cool tube High Tech Garden Supply $380
https://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=54364

vortex 6" inline Vortex Powerfans 6 Inline Fan [VTX-600] - $179.95 : neHydro.com, Hydroponics and Gardening Supplies $180
Auto SEO, Such Example | Intro to Hydroponics

2 water pumps Rio 600 - 200 GPH [RIO600] - $19.95 : neHydro.com, Hydroponics and Gardening Supplies $40
Auto SEO, Such Example | Intro to Hydroponics

10 X 42 feit daylight: Feit Electric ESL40TN/D 42-Watt Compact Fluorescent High-Wattage Bulb, Daylight: Home Improvement $100

Plus possibly my AC and two or three oscilliating fans. Keep in mind that if i have a veg and flower area i will need-want about a 600WHPS light with some cfl of course. Well i wont need but i would like because i want to use a 4X4 tent for flower. Veg area would also be 4X4 but 800W or so of the 42W cfl daylight bulbs combined with a few of the softwhite:roorrip:

In lights alone I anticipate at least 1400W. Not even counting the clone and mother plant lights. That should about it. Probably better off just waiting till i move and just start off a smaller grow that wont need so many brain cells wasted thinking about how to have everything perfect and planned out from jump.

Thank you though for your help bro +reps

Between your two available circuits, you have 3000 watts max load you can use. As long as you divide the loads equally, you should have the capacity. The 1000 watt per circuit figure I gave you earlier was incorrect (that 12-15 lbs per year catches up to me sometimes...). If you have any questions about how to break up the load, ask away.

Cool, so the info i gave you was off a tad as well. In the kitchen other than the stove there is a light (of course lol) and we have a microwave and a toaster over. So If i unplug the stove for the time im growing or at least the hours that my lights and stuff will be running will I be fine using the two Existing circuits i currently have? Or should I look into getting 2-3 new circuits with breakers installed? PEople have been talking about getting a washer installed in our apartment and that would be a perfect excuse to have 2-3 new circuits installed. I seen your setup, did you have to get additional electrical equipment such as a new breaker panel for your setup alone? Or did you use the existing sh!t you already had?

You were gonna use one outlet from your room and one from the kitchen, right? If there is no other loads on those outlets, they will be fine.

My lights (and a few small things) are off of my 220v dryer circuit. The a/c and misc fans and etc have their own 20 amp circuit.

So you say that you have a Double 30 amp breaker, then everything is cool. Just don't try to run the stove and your equipment at the same time. You are well under $100 with what I am talking about.

Running the stove well maybe the the stove top perhaps at most is what i will do if anything. The way things are going tho I think i might wait until I move if things keep going downhill. Any how I have been thinking of just adding two 15 AMP breakers. If i do that they will each be on a seperate circuit? Theres been talk of getting a washer hooked up so the opportunity might be perfect to get some electric work done.

So for now I am planning on using about 1200W of lighting 400w of HPS and 800W of cfl. I will only veg then flower to keep things simple. I figure i should just get started with buying stuff and trying to start this grow rather than add circuits and all that. I am thinking of still getting on extra circuit installed but only connect one outlet to it for the grow. So I will have my AC on my rooms cirsuit and prob run the pumps and inline fan off my room. The additional circuit or in case i dont get an additional I might use the kitchen to run the 400w hps and 400w cfl. which adds another 200w to my rooms circuit. I have not added them amps and stuff up yet but once I buy everything i will. also the first of the month is coming so i will talk to my land lord bout the extra circuit i requested.

Back
Top Bottom