Possible Electrical Issues

ReeferRx

First off, I am not sure if this is the best location for this post. Mod/Admin feel free to let me know and I will move this where it is more appropriate.

I have been researching for about 3-4 months on growing marijuana. What lights are best, what nutes to use, stages of the lifecycle, etc. The one thing I am not sure on is the electrical work in the house. It is an older house. It has a weird electrical box, with circle buss fuses. I will attach a picture very soon. From what I have researched it seems that what I have to do is get the power to the house shutoff from my electrical company. Then have an electrician install the box. Then wire everything and have my power company turn the power back on.

The part that really confuses me is the amps and how large of an electrical box I will need, as in amp size, 100 or 200? I am thinking a 100 will be fine with 10 outlets total? I just really want to have this done so halfway through the grow my power don't start turning off and blow/pop fuses causing lights, pumps, fans, etc to stop working. Also, the new box will be used for only grow room things and nothing will be coming off from the other fuse box that is currently running everything else. That is if this is possible.

Thank you all in advanced.

Stay trendy, legalize everywhere, peace :peace:
ReeferRx

If you are just using said panel for the grow room, do you plan on having the power company run new wires from the pole to the panel? You cant run the new panel off the old one. (you can run the old off the new)You could purchase a 200 amp panel and put it inline first, run a properly sized breaker and feed line to the old panel, then run your grow room off the new panel.

Thank you Puffpuff, I will go with the 200. I just want to make sure that I do this safely. As much as I want to have this amazing sticky green gooeyness burned and inhaled into my lungs. I want to do it safely. That way I can accurately grow good marijuana without having to do it all "halfassed". Quality over Quantity. :)

Thank you Puffpuff, I will go with the 200. I just want to make sure that I do this safely. As much as I want to have this amazing sticky green gooeyness burned and inhaled into my lungs. I want to do it safely. That way I can accurately grow good marijuana without having to do it all "halfassed". Quality over Quantity. :)
I changed my post because I was to stoned to read your post it in its entirety the first time, sorry.

I will have them do that if that if it is needed. I mainly just want to have new outlets and wire ran through the house since most only have of the plugs are two prongs and don't have a ground. The wiring throughout the house has a ground wire attached already. I just need to change the outlets. I will have to see how many amps the current box is right now and go from there. But I am not thinking it is 200. I am assuming this will cost me a few hundred to do? :(

You can have them run it like this with no need to have new wires run from pole if their adequate to handle the new load. New panel in pic is 200 amp. Make sure power company has proper size wire from pole to home, to support the amperage of your new panel and old.

wire.png

That diagram helps out amazingly well thank you so much for that. Yeah, I just looked and don't have the picture anymore. The current fuse box was like two larger things with metal handles that you can pull out. one was main other was range. Then there were 4 edison fuses, I think "S" series maybe. So I am assuming it was not many at all. The house is just a small little thing, like a few hundred square foot 1 bedroom that is on the property of a much larger home. It is going to be a perfect area as once this is all figured out. I can't wait to get all this taken care of.

That diagram helps out amazingly well thank you so much for that. Yeah, I just looked and don't have the picture anymore. The current fuse box was like two larger things with metal handles that you can pull out. one was main other was range. Then there were 4 edison fuses, I think "S" series maybe. So I am assuming it was not many at all. The house is just a small little thing, like a few hundred square foot 1 bedroom that is on the property of a much larger home. It is going to be a perfect area as once this is all figured out. I can't wait to get all this taken care of.

I think I did read something in your thread about using an electrician. Please make sure you do, so that everything gets sized properly. Pole to house riser or weather head, riser/weather head to panel etc etc

I am not an electrician and I'm stoned,,,,,so take all the above with a grain of salt.

Lucky you. I wish I was stoned. i hate working sometimes. :) I know a couple licensed electricians and I will run this stuff passed them.

What kind of set up is recommended for a first time? I was thinking of soil at first just to get the flow of things. Then moving on to a Undercurrent system.

Once I get to the building and growing I plan on doing a journal for everyone here to see my very first grow EVER. I am sure I will have many many more questions in the future. If anyone else sees anything I might be doing and can offer advise please give it. I love constructive criticism and learning how to do things the proper way.

Its a preference thing as far as which way to grow. My first grow I just finished. Planned on doing hydro but ended up doing soil and just recently started putting all my clones in 2 liter bottles with a mix of vermiculite and perlite.

I am thinking of starting with Soil and seeing how that turns out. I was wondering.Should each plant be in a seperate pot after they are done cloning or can I do a large soil box for all of them?

Back
Top Bottom