ElyjahKush's Indoor Coco Grow HPS & Canna Nutes

elyjahkushez

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first ever: indoor coco grow.
I will be growing 9 fem plants in a 1x1m tent: 3x Kalashnikova 1x GSC 2x Chocolate Mint OG 2x Amnesia Lemon 1x Black Dog
Medium: Canna Coco Professional Plus only
Light: 400W HPS Agro veg / 400W HPS Bloom flowering
Extractor Fan: 10-15 cm diameter
Nutrients: Canna Coco A/B, Canna Rhizotonic for veg. when flowering will use Boost and PK 13/14 from Canna as well. I am hesitant whether to add a CalMag supplement or not. Theoretically, if using all products from a certain brand line there would be no need to supplement further right?
Currently, i germinated the 3 kalash, one GSC and one Amnesia lemon, while other seeds are soaking in water. This is because i had 4 other seeds that did not make it, so im replacing them. The first week of their lives was really tough, you can probably see them in the pics, the GSC came deformed but shes a fighter.
The germinated seeds are at the second set of true leaves, under 18/6 light cycle at temperatures ranging from 21.5-23 degrees celsuis and relative humdidty 45-75% during light and 60-85% during darkness. I was told by a fellow grower who is helping me with this grow that the fight with upping the humidity is one you cannot win. Still I do my best.
I am deciding what kind of grow strategy should i execute, debating between ScrOG or just LST/topping. Kind of depends on how the seedlings develop.
Comments, ideas, thoughts, and even criticism is welcome.
:Namaste:

P.S. I cant seem to post the pics on this thread, but they are uploaded in my profile for those who want to have a look.

IMG_170627.jpg
IMG_170526.jpg
IMG_170330.jpg
IMG_170129.jpg
IMG_170022.jpg
IMG_169925.jpg

Right off the bat u r going to need calimag or some other supplement as coco has none of this. Give full dose calimag but I wouldn't start feeding for another few days an when u do start 1/4 dose an slowly increase. Ur Gona love coco I sure did when I switched. Other then that looking good :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Right off the bat u r going to need calimag or some other supplement as coco has none of this. Give full dose calimag but I wouldn't start feeding for another few days an when u do start 1/4 dose an slowly increase. Ur Gona love coco I sure did when I switched. Other then that looking good :)

Thanks wiley! I actually already fed them about 21 hours ago for the first time at like 1/4 strength fert, full strength rhizo and just 3 drops of calmag in 1.5liters. They responded well i think, drainage water is still present so i think i can hold off another feed for now.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Now u need to decide if u wana treat it like soil or hydro, soil u feed when it's dry, never let ur coco dry completely, or more hydro where u feed 2-3 times a day. I do multiple feedings all 1/2 -3/4 str nutes but that's just me. many treat it like soil an get great results as well. Only reason I suggested waiting on feed was because I jumped the gun an fed early an got some burn. Now I wait 1-2 weeks before starting my feed. Just my experience.

yo yo yo been away for a while but super busy with everything, including the grow. you ll be happy to hear that they are growing well, maybe a bit slow but no matter because im trying to synchronize them. The black dog seed that i had doesnt seem like its going to survive, IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANYONE NEVER BUY SINGLE SEEDS. ive had packs of 5 where all germinated beautifully and 2 packs of 1 that both ddnt make it. but whats good is that i took two clones from a friend, who are a bigger than mines but today i tried bending them imma see how they respond. they are different strains, but not sure what strain something like blue dream, critical mass, or saphire mango. the coco isnt drying between feeds im guessing. Today was the longest ive left them alone and when i came back i stuck my finger in and it was moist. Im humidity is around 40-50%, with peaks to 60-70% every now and then when i check on them i spray around. but i have put them in small minidomes to up the humidity. i think the domes are putting off light which is why they are growing slow, but not sure what to sacrifice, light or humidity. Temperature min is around 21-22 celsius and max is 28-30 celsius. now girls are sleeping, but will try to upload some pics later on.
ciao for now, ci sentiamo

Now u need to decide if u wana treat it like soil or hydro, soil u feed when it's dry, never let ur coco dry completely, or more hydro where u feed 2-3 times a day. I do multiple feedings all 1/2 -3/4 str nutes but that's just me. many treat it like soil an get great results as well. Only reason I suggested waiting on feed was because I jumped the gun an fed early an got some burn. Now I wait 1-2 weeks before starting my feed. Just my experience.

the thing is im still just watering blindly, i dont know how much i should put. like 1.5L is enough for 5 6.5L pots for around 24hrs. after that runoff is dry but if i stick my finger in its wet and airy.

It's really hard to over water coco almost impossible. I was feeding 3 times a day with 10-20% run off I cut that back to 2 times a day. Not for any issues other then I'll be back to work soon an won't be able to do the mid day feed. Hasn't effected them at all an almost seems like they r growing faster now. Just go slow put it what u think should be enough for run off wait 5 mins. If u have run off great if not add a lil bit more an wait. Repeat till u get desired runoff an record that. Now u know how much each pot need ATM. Again never let coco dry out. Causes dry spots in the medium which can kill roots. If they r a few inches tall u can remove the dome. I never use one unless Iam cloning an once they go to their medium I stop using it never had a need. Also remember indica grow slower the sativas but finish faster in flower this could be what ur experiencing.
420-magazine-mobile1400110181.jpg
as an example the big plant is a sour D (sativa) the 4 smaller ones r kushberry (indica) a week in the difference between the 2 strains. Huge growth difference :) an yes Iam Gona try an fill the whole tent with the sour D in a scrog it's 4'x4' hoping I can with a 7gal fabric pot

hey all im here to upload some pics as promised. im running into a problem, got 2-3 plantlets that are turning yellow in recent and leaves, and i dont know why, ive been replicating feeding schedule and errthing with all of them. feeding twice a day woth half strength, dont know if i should lower or higher the concentration, from fear of killing my babies. :rip:
nice setup wiley420, i think youl be able to fill the net, but will take some time in vegg. me on the other hand am going for short veg time, dont have much more time in this house.
IMG_177027.jpg
IMG_176726.jpg
IMG_176534.jpg
IMG_176430.jpg
IMG_176328.jpg
IMG_176228.jpg
IMG_176128.jpg
IMG_175929.jpg
IMG_175831.jpg

notice the kalashnikovas 2-3 have some yellow on the leaves, not sure if it shows from the pic bad phone camera. but im worried and contemplating what to do. the two little seedlings are the chocolate mint og, and the bigger two are the clones i took from my friend. still not sure what strains they are; doesnt really matter after all, as long as i get some buuud. temps are still 21-28 night-day min-max, and humidity around 50-60%.
im feeding 1/2 strength and alternating using calmag full or 4/5 power. solution pH is ~6.3 more or less.
peace out for now, ill let you know what goes down.

Flush with ph 8 water then start feeding again with 1/4 nutes an calmag should fix ur problem. Remember coco only has the nutes I give it that's all. It's super easy to flush. Do this an give it a week at 1/4 str then go to 1/2 an this should fix ur problem.

Flush with ph 8 water then start feeding again with 1/4 nutes an calmag should fix ur problem. Remember coco only has the nutes I give it that's all. It's super easy to flush. Do this an give it a week at 1/4 str then go to 1/2 an this should fix ur problem.

Thanks wiley... How soon though

well hello everyone who is still here! grow is still ongoing and looking pretty ill if i say so myself. I will switch to flowering tomorrow to give the plants a little resting time because i know that have been stressing them alot, what with all the ecperimental cropping and topping and LSTing. the two chocoloate mint og have grown well, one is in phase with the others, the other i put in the center and is late, but no matter cant wait anymore to switch. i think the plants have gotten huge. still pondering about getting a net but a rather large one, the type with 9 holes for 4x4ft because i feel it will be easier for me to manipulate. I admit to making some mistakes, i had to thick stems break at the internode while trying to tie them down, but i think i was able to evade heavy damaged. just tied it back and put some support hoping it will resolvr itlsef. stem is still growing and healthy so i dont think theres a problem. for flowering, and bought a brand new 400W HPS so lumens are going to be manyyy and im expecting to see faster growth than in vegetative. temps are min of 20 C and max of 28 C. humidity is 40-60%. i feel like sometimes they are getting too hot and and too low humidity, but theres not much i can do about that. ive got some leaf edges curling upwards and slight purpling of the tips peró non posso fare niente. il get some pics up later this evening if i still have some time.
Peace out for now!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom