Everyones thoughts

warlord98

I have a question to the michigan medical marihuana community. When you read the law written for us. Do you read that it is legal to sell overage to card holding patients?Even if you are only a card holder not a caregiver.I guess what I was asking is if you are a card holder who can grow only for himself who comes up with overage after harvest are you able to sell it off to other card holderes legally?

Again 25 reads no replies. Dont be ascared. I know ascared isnt a word but when you say it it sounds funny.:thumb:

Well, with the law, it says 2.5 ounces or 12 plants. Is that at the same time? You can for sure get more then 2.5 ounces from 12 plants. So there would be plenty of extra, that according to the law, we would be over the legal limit.

What about when first harvested? It weighs 3x the dry weight when fresh. Do the police know that?

And what do we do with the extra? Freeze it? Is it still considered part of the overall weight limit if it's in the freezer? We could give it to another patient who needs it. I've never been in that situation. With our little grow, we usually go for long periods without.

I think the law needs some clairty, but really prohibition needs to end. That way good, responsible, law abiding citizens, can go about our days in peace.

The way the law is written in Oregon, you can have up to 1.5 lbs per card held. What that means to me is that... I can legally transport, have in possession or store 3lbs.
This does not include plants both mature and/or in veg.
Under no circumstance does the law read that you can sell or even give away the overages you may have (not in Oregon anyways)
So... the terrible thing is that I have to get rid of the overage... that, in my case could easily be up to and over 20 pounds that are destroyed after I hand pick the 3 pounds for myself and my patient.
I know... it's a hell of a thing to do (burn 17+ lbs of choice ganja but, I won't give deputy dog the chance to take my medicine away from me... besides, I can't smoke it all anyways!
PS... maybe I am just saying that that's what I do, when in reality, I smoke the whole lot to my head... LMAO... ya just never know w/some peeps!

"20 pounds that are destroyed"

Now that would be a huge waste i would invite all ur friends over and set up a teepee with a bbq in the middle and have a weed roast with extra in the edibles and burn the rest but inhale while ur doing it or instead of bbq use a hooka =)

I hear ya, heck, lets set up a teepee... I'll throw in a few pounds in the fire, we could make an annual thing of it, LOL ... the point is that, I am not willing to take a chance and loose the one thing that lets me do what I love more than most anything... I will not let them take it just because I needed more than I can smoke!
But, like I said, maybe I am just saying that to throw off any would be LEO' lurking about the place... LMAO

Well with that much overage and not being able to sell patient to patient I would be into some oils and edibles. How about 20 lbs of green butter for some holiday style rice krispy treats. Thats what I would try at least once and a while.I would probably cry if I had to destroy all of that.
:thumb:

The best thing is we now have the MM in place, so even if there are problems we can work them out. If I can get through my first grow (their in veg getting ready to go into flowering now) and theres more than 2.5 oz than its hash oil.
There does seem to be gray areas in the law, tranactions between caregiver patients but I expect we may either have our law taken (UGH) or micromanaged (UGH).
The Orgegon model seems to work, with a split to Cali, in having licensened dispensories (which pay local taxs and create well being with local leaders who want the revenue in this recession!!!!). We need to make this work and police ourselves guys, girls-not let ourselves get busted, mistrusted judged, sludged by media in false news press-keep it real.

How is a patient that grows outdoors supposed to stay medicated for a whole year on 2.5 zips? or two years if hit by frost/rain/bugs/theft. farming is a risky endeavor, crops get lost all the time.

If you were traveling around the world for a year, im pretty sure you could get your prescription antidepressant meds in a large enough supply to last for that long...

I have a question to the michigan medical marihuana community. When you read the law written for us. Do you read that it is legal to sell overage to card holding patients?Even if you are only a card holder not a caregiver.I guess what I was asking is if you are a card holder who can grow only for himself who comes up with overage after harvest are you able to sell it off to other card holderes legally?

MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT (EXCERPT)
Initiated Law 1 of 2008

333.26424 Qualifying patient or primary caregiver; arrest, prosecution, or penalty prohibited; conditions; presumption; compensation; physician subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty prohibited; marihuana paraphernalia; person in presence or vicinity to medical use of marihuana; registry identification issued outside of department; sale of marihuana as felony; penalty.

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom