Examining Trichomes - Best Way?

You da man, DaMagoMan! I went to Radio Shack and bought a scope like yours. Took me a long time to get it in focus and learn how to move it around, but finally I got a good look. Wow!
Thanks!

Great pics moose.

Unfortunately I do not know the breeder recommended flowering period as my current flowering ladies are bag seed. I'm trying to "feel" the whole plant out. I figure examining the trichomes can only do good and no harm. Currently at 35 days and keeping a close eye on them. A lot of the leaves have turned yellow at this point and some of the older larger leaves are dying off. I assume this is part of the natural process as I have read it several places here. I figured the whole cola would turn an amber hue once the hairs and trichs went amber. I've screwed enough things up in the beginning just trying to get this part right. Certainly don't want to harvest at the wrong time since I have a lot of time, money, and energy put into this first grow.

You have a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks before you need to harvest. When you think it's ready, wait a week then harvest.:cheesygrinsmiley:

A trichome is a fancy word for a resin gland. Here are some macro images of trichomes.

194IMG_2327cropped1.jpg

194IMG_2374cropped.jpg

194IMG_2368cropped.jpg

194IMG_2351cropped.jpg

194IMG_2350cropped.jpg

194IMG_2344cropped.jpg

194IMG_2335cropped.jpg

194IMG_2334cropped.jpg

How do you manage to get such close up photos?

Back
Top Bottom