Best loupe or microscope for use with phone camera

d42zero

Hi everyone,

I'm getting to the end of my grow and just started checking trichs... I have a little 30x loupe like this one that works OK but not great, and I was thinking of getting a new one.
s-l1600.jpg
I need to be able to easily hold it to the back of my phone (preferably with rubber bands or a clamp to hold it still), so ones like this aren't going to work well.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

I used to be a pro sports photographer, but I never got into macro shooting :( I still have my rig but zero macro gear, and to be honest the shots I get with the loupe on my phone are good enough that I don't really want to spend hundreds on new lenses or even extension tubes, I'd probably rather just stick with the phone and an add-on lens.

What would you recommend for taking trich photos with a phone camera? I did try searching but unfortunately all my search terms (e.g. "loupe for trichomes" or "best loupe" etc) all bring up "Should I harvest?" threads cause they use the same words.

Thanks!

I use the eyepiece from a telescope. I have one that gives me a nice closeup but not too close...then one that puts me standing in between the tricomes. Got one of those laying around? They fit right over my phones camera but it's still a bit of a pita I don't bother with pictures much. Lots of people do, one place you might ask is on the Nug of the Month thread under contests. If you like a individuals picture, add a comment or zap them a personal note and ask what they took it with. You'll get good answers from that for sure!

Get a digital microscope for like $50cnd on Amazon. Make sure it connects to your phone via wifi or Bluetooth.i believe mine was MaKo and they produce some great photos directly onto your phone

DECBEAFE-15CF-4D7C-9AEA-0099ACD98EB4.jpeg
741B8275-E435-40D8-A46B-0C0A35C87D13.jpeg

I use the eyepiece from a telescope. I have one that gives me a nice closeup but not too close...then one that puts me standing in between the tricomes. Got one of those laying around? They fit right over my phones camera but it's still a bit of a pita I don't bother with pictures much. Lots of people do, one place you might ask is on the Nug of the Month thread under contests. If you like a individuals picture, add a comment or zap them a personal note and ask what they took it with. You'll get good answers from that for sure!

Hah I don't have an old telescope lying around, but that idea of messaging specific people isn't a bad one, I'll try that :)

Get a digital microscope for like $50cnd on Amazon. Make sure it connects to your phone via wifi or Bluetooth.i believe mine was MaKo and they produce some great photos directly onto your phone

DECBEAFE-15CF-4D7C-9AEA-0099ACD98EB4.jpeg
741B8275-E435-40D8-A46B-0C0A35C87D13.jpeg

Does it attach to your phone camera, or does it take its own photos and transfer them to your phone? I've never seen anything like that, but sounds handy...

Back
Top Bottom