Expired Fox Farms Soil and Nutrients?

I just heard that a local (~40 miles away, lol) general purpose nursery / garden center has Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog soils and Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom liquid nutrient. Possibly some additional Fox Farms products; the woman that told me was in a hurry and on her way out when she noticed the display and glanced at some of the stuff.

But she also said that everything she saw in the FF display was expired - not a few months, but one to two years! Would any of you buy (any of) this stuff? The woman that told me thought there might be some chance of me pointing the expiration dates out and getting a discount, but she said that she very seriously doubted that I would get much (if any) of one. Nonetheless, even at full retail, it'd be cheaper than ordering it via the Internet and paying shipping (especially on the bags of soil, I guess). I think the garden center is selling it at a little higher price than I have seen advertised on hydroponics store websites in the past, maybe it's a "small store low volume sales" price, lol.

Anyway... Is this stuff going to be poor/bad being one to two years past the expiration dates? I assume that none of it has been opened - but I also assume the expiration dates are there for a reason. So... IDK?

Back
Top Bottom