Extractor fan

vagt

Hello, I have some limited space with lighting and I wonder if I can place the fan like this

If I use ducting to place it on the floor it will be too far away. What do you think?

that dont look right.
shouldnt the fan in before the filter.

its going to get to hot in there that way i think. fan need to get air out then go thru the filter. i maybe wrong. i dont use a filter on mine.

Looks very similar to how I set up my extraction fan, I also had to add additional ducting to move the air from the tent out of my grow room to combat the heat generated from the HPS light.

I'd mount the can fan directly to the filter via a flange then duct from there out. You will lose some cfm out flow possibly otherwise.

fans like that can be pushed or pulled,although if you push at full speed it does take a toll on the fan,I pushed through a carbon filter for a couple of years.

If I use ducting to place it on the floor it will be too far away. What do you think?

remember that heat rises,so as you are pulling from the top,you are bringing the cooler air upwards

if you pull from the floor,all the heat will come down and heat the room up.

DSC_06634.JPG

Sorry pic is sideways. In bud room I mount vertically up top in corner to pull hot air out. In my overflow quarantine backup area I mount horizontally so I don't have to duck to get in. But they are both up and as far away from intake or mini split as possible

I'll take pics of horizontally mounted one today. I'm taking my morning hot tub so not possible right now. I do all my 420 posting from the tub lol.

That will work though you may want to support the fan a little. Also I would put a +12" piece of ducting on the outflow side. I don't know why but the work much better that way.

Back
Top Bottom