Extraneous leaves

Shipper49

I remember some recommendations that some vegetation should be trimmed if it is not contributing to bud growth. So I am attaching pic of white widow auto flower with a number of seemingly superfluous leaves. Should I snip these off the plant (And how?) or would this be stupid? Thnx for looking!

Attachments

• 90CB297C-23D8-4666-B4DB-966DEDD43254.jpeg
    90CB297C-23D8-4666-B4DB-966DEDD43254.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 1D6D3D4B-9068-42DD-B0B1-0E1992A2F1A1.jpeg
    1D6D3D4B-9068-42DD-B0B1-0E1992A2F1A1.jpeg
    735.7 KB · Views: 66
It is really a personal preference with autos I just tuck leafs if I can that are blocking lower bud sites or I would remove just a couple that would be blocking light for the lower bud sites. Some I dont even touch.

Depends on the strain and LST or topping. Some like Zkittlez might not need trimming at all. Just ran two with no need to trim but had to LST the top lower than the branches. Otherwise the top would have been 10 inches taller than the next cola. When that happens the top cola is ginormous but the other buds starve for light.

Northern Lights auto those are a leafed out monster. Even with topping at the 5th node and LST there are so many leaves trimming hard was the only option. Had to redo the LST and open the branches and trim a gallon jug of leaves off twice.

Power Plant was just tuck the leaves away, top them and LST the limbs out. Fun plant to grow with huge tight nugs (6x8 inch nugs).

Read the plant, if the main stalk shoots up shinny, tie it down lower than the next node. If it's short and compact, top it and spread limbs. If it's packed with leaves and no light penetrates I'd say trim it up.

Back
Top Bottom