Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

It's a 5x5. The rack is 54x54in. Four rows of 5, and the middle one has 4 offset from the other rows.

I just emailed you the tool. Now you will have to adjust some for the 7 gen vero vs the one in the tool but it will give you a very close idea. Heres what I come up with.
25chip.JPG

Thanks Fan, I put this up here to indicate how difficult it is or was to find the honest information. If you were to use the Veros on a 1 square meter grow, would it be +/- 8 lights which is what I'm going to ask him to quote on, but which driver do you think would be adequate for either 4 or all 8 lights?

I would go 8 chips with 1 single hlg480h-c1400b driver. That will save you some money because that 1 huge driver costs less then 2 smaller ones. It's actually absolutely perfect for 8 Vero 29's. You will be set forever if he builds it right.

The cost of the chips and driver is by far the majority of the cost. All 8 chips cost about $200 and the driver is $139. Don't let them rip you off.

So do you think I should add some from the onset? If so what would you recommend.

I went all 80cri to start. The only mixing I done was 10 4000k, and 14. 3500k, both 80 cri. If your wanting to mix cri's probably need to ask fanlead. I know the electrical side of lights, but still learning about spectrums. I'm an old hps user. I'm on 1st grow with cobs, but very happy so far

Hi guys...me again so I'm looking at the site now and have chosen the bridgelux vero series on 80 CRI and 4000k but need to refine it further and have the following categories to complete:
By Forward (drive) current
By forward voltage
By power consumption
What do I need to choose here for the 8 cob setup ?

I went all 80cri to start. The only mixing I done was 10 4000k, and 14. 3500k, both 80 cri. If your wanting to mix cri's probably need to ask fanlead. I know the electrical side of lights, but still learning about spectrums. I'm an old hps user. I'm on 1st grow with cobs, but very happy so far

With a 3x3 tent I myself would go all 4000k with the Veros, all 3500k with Cree. I don't think I would mix much in a small tent like that. I would stick with 80 CRI.

By the way Buckshot......Delivered today!

My original plan when I built my DIY was to replace the Citi 1212s with Cree 3590s when the price fell due to newer cobs or when I could afford them. Now I see a lot of talk about Vero 29s 4000k in this thread so I was looking at them when I discovered my 185h - c1400bs do not have the voltage to drive 4 of them so am I locked into my original plan with the crees or is there something else I could look at for upgrading just the cobs?

Back
Top Bottom