Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

May to June? Damn that's a long wait time. I got my terminal blocks at Home Depot for $6 usd, got box from amazon for $20 and 2 day shipping. I seen a Klein voltmeter pack the other day at Home Depot, it had 2 meters and a voltage tester, it read resistance, amps and voltage for $69 or $79 usd, can't remember. I always thought shipping was same for US and Canada, didn't know it was that much more expensive. I added up all my receipts I'm close to $4000 with light meter that just ordered
Shit I may have to hit up Home Depot again and just ask them lol I can get pots and resistors quick thru Amazon prime. And I bought a tester already, I mean those bad boys that are above all your pots to read the current. I can easily add those when they come, I paid half of what it'd cost thru Amazon prime on eBay but who knows I may break down.

I got my meters from eBay, from china, they are exact same brand as amazon for half the price. I got them from China less than a week thru mail. Just have to do a lot of looking around to find best deal. This is expensive hobby, but fun and rewarding
I used the link provided by Fanleaf way back in this thread, I'm guessing it probably won't take as long as it estimated, in the email it says 2-3 weeks.

420-magazine-mobile41407938.jpg

One step closer! This is the part that I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around but I'm getting there.

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

420-magazine-mobile41407938.jpg

One step closer! This is the part that I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around but I'm getting there.

Put some 3 prong cable ends on the power in. Everything else can run through the block.
420-magazine-mobile1493866433.jpg
you'll need some 9-12mm cable glands to pass the red/black and PWM lines into the box. They are essentially cable locks.

Put some 3 prong cable ends on the power in. Everything else can run through the block.
420-magazine-mobile1493866433.jpg
you'll need some 9-12mm cable glands to pass the red/black and PWM lines into the box. They are essentially cable locks.
I was going to run the AC in to the box and connect it to longer cords but that would save me space inside the box but then would I wire the on/off toggle on the DC side then?

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Yes. The only draw back with this is the driver will consume a few watts. But you can use a cheaper/safer low amperage switch instead of getting into 120-240v parts. Won't you be running a timer or do you want to be able to shut off half the array?
Personally I would wire 2 single gang 120v boxes with standard receptacles (wall outlet) to the panel (wood) plug 2 timers into the outlets. Plug the yellow AC ends into the timers. The standard $7 timers at Home Depot have on/off switches on them.

I kinda do it the confusing way. I wire it up like control box in commercial or industrial settings. I like terminal blocks because it's easy to unhook incase something goes bad. Single gang with duplex receptacle works same, and just plug each driver in. I thought the leafs on driver was little short for me. Just make sure good receptacles, I only use 20amp, a lot of the $.79 15amp has tendency to go bad, surprisingly I've changed over 100 in 20 years, but people still buy them

Everyone.
I'm sorry I havent been around. To make a long story short my ex-wife who is the mother of my 2 sons (12 and 16) passed unexpectedly. She was only 42. I am getting my shit back together and will start catching up. I have a lot to catch up with.

Everyone.
I'm sorry I havent been around. To make a long story short my ex-wife who is the mother of my 2 sons (12 and 16) passed unexpectedly. She was only 42. I am getting my shit back together and will start catching up. I have a lot to catch up with.
Sorry to hear that man.

Back
Top Bottom