Feedback needed - 4th week flowering

Hey guys, I just got my camera back (the other pics were done with my phone) so I think its time for an update!

Day 48 (end of week 7) of flowering:

And some macro shots (I love macro shots!)

I found some Blackstrap molasses so I started feeding them that. I think they are doing well :wood: :rollit:

Awesome pics Cyberbong :yahoo: :tokin: :thumb:

Keep those updates coming! :dreamy:

Thank you very much! I used to do photography as a hobby but haven't done it in a long time :slide: :)

I'll try to get a nice bright light next time, and maybe I can get even closer with my camera, I'd love to see how the trichomes are looking. Maybe I can use my camera to see when they turn milky, I've read that's a good sign that they are ready to harvest :p

Forgot to post one :tokin:

IMG_051130.JPG

wow looking super sweet. are you counting your days from pistils or 12/12? sorry if i missed that.

if youre measuring from pistils mine are within a couple days from yours. wanna see?

Thank you! I'm counting the days from 12/12.

Yes I very much do, please post them :) :peace:

Here is the latest development:

IMG_057319.JPG
IMG_057421.JPG
IMG_057530.JPG
IMG_057625.JPG
IMG_057918.JPG

It looks here like a lot of the trichomes are milky, but I think that must be the light. I checked under a 20x loupe, and I think about 10 % are milky as of this morning. And this is on a bud that is a bit ahead of all the rest. I hope to get a better loupe sometime soon, so I can see in greater detail :peace:
IMG_0579b.jpg

Anyone with more experience care to guess how much time they need? Id say not more than a week. Also I am probably going to harvest as soon as I see the first amber trichome and at least half going cloudy. Super excited atm! :cheer:

It looks like she could use about 2 weeks. I would plan her flush now, though. Maybe feed once more, then hit her with FloraKleen, or flush her in the tub with 3x the pot volume of ph'd water, and then feed her just water or water with molasses.

You could pull her now, but you'd be leaving 70% of the plants potential on the table. In the last 2 weeks, the yield and potency dramatically increase, on most strains. I would feed once more, then flush/florakleen, then when dry - water, then let her dry again, and then pull. :peace::Namaste:

dang man they are beauties.

Here's my girls. I'm looking to hear some estimates on my chop date please.
gt_4.jpg
gt_3.jpg
gt_2.jpg
week_7_b2.jpg
gt.jpg
gt_1.jpg

4 plants are clones, there are 2 Western Winds and 2 Jack Herer f7. tThe WW is still throwing plenty of pistils and is active. The JH is throwing a few pistils and i has hoping for a nice fattening up but they seem stalled. The odd plant with better structure is a bag seed babe.

apologies to anyone who has already seen this over on GT's thread.

Cyb did you specify your soil mix ingredients somewhere?

It looks like she could use about 2 weeks. I would plan her flush now, though. Maybe feed once more, then hit her with FloraKleen, or flush her in the tub with 3x the pot volume of ph'd water, and then feed her just water or water with molasses.

You could pull her now, but you'd be leaving 70% of the plants potential on the table. In the last 2 weeks, the yield and potency dramatically increase, on most strains. I would feed once more, then flush/florakleen, then when dry - water, then let her dry again, and then pull. :peace::Namaste:

This last week I only used molasses, and now I'm watering them with distilled water. Also if I only used guano tea during the entire grow, is the flush really that necessary? And they are really thirsty at the moment, there's a sort of heat wave where I am, and temperatures in my box peak at 39 °C during light (mostly its around 35, and 29 during the dark), so I need to water them every other day.. Ill try to take your advice and apply it to my situation. Maybe feed one more molasses and then just water until they are ready? :)

And I definitely don't want to cut them too soon, that would really be bad for the yield like you said, but I would also like for the high to be more of a buzz than the couch-locking kind if I wait too long. I hope I can get that just right, Ill post some good trichome pictures when I can :)

dang man they are beauties.

Here's my girls. I'm looking to hear some estimates on my chop date please.

4 plants are clones, there are 2 Western Winds and 2 Jack Herer f7. tThe WW is still throwing plenty of pistils and is active. The JH is throwing a few pistils and i has hoping for a nice fattening up but they seem stalled. The odd plant with better structure is a bag seed babe.

apologies to anyone who has already seen this over on GT's thread.

Cyb did you specify your soil mix ingredients somewhere?

Hey VonD, they look amazing! The buds look really compact, well done! :thumb:

You can definitely see that they are two weeks ahead of mine :)

I think CareStaker's advice is spot on! Good luck!

For the soil, I used Substral's Terra Magma soil, and mixed in some guano.. should have gone with something better.. Learned my lesson. Next time I'm using the Plagron Batmix (White peat moss, black peat moss, peat moss fibre, perlite, worm castings, Bat Guano).

This last week I only used molasses, and now I'm watering them with distilled water. Also if I only used guano tea during the entire grow, is the flush really that necessary? And they are really thirsty at the moment, there's a sort of heat wave where I am, and temperatures in my box peak at 39 °C during light (mostly its around 35, and 29 during the dark), so I need to water them every other day.. Ill try to take your advice and apply it to my situation. Maybe feed one more molasses and then just water until they are ready? :)

And I definitely don't want to cut them too soon, that would really be bad for the yield like you said, but I would also like for the high to be more of a buzz than the couch-locking kind if I wait too long. I hope I can get that just right, Ill post some good trichome pictures when I can :)

With that said, you might feed/tea, right up until they are about a week-to-ten-days from done. Then just feed water and molasses. I wouldn't bother flushing an all organic grow, but some still do. Two weeks, maybe a few extra days, should put you right in the front part of the ripe zone, and not into couch lock territory. Trich pics are a great help. Don't worry though, it's a pretty wide window for a very good harvest. They look great! :cheer::peace::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom