Feinstein's Nanny Senate Bill Forces Patients to Smoke Pot

Sorry if you can not understand that there is a big difference between an oz and 8oz. No one carries 8oz but most people cary over an oz.

Hope you can understand that.

Most of the people I knew did that when I was growing up... so they would not be left short when sharing... but under prop 19 they will end up in jail still.

Am I advocating breaking the law... by no means whatsoever... however people are people and are going to do what they want carry more than an oz of weed that should be free and not taxed or prohibited.

That's it? All I needed to know was the difference between an once and eight onces. You can't be serious? You are voting no because you want people (not you per say) to be able to carry more than an once but not more than eight onces and the reason is because you want them to be able to share. Or even more to your point because they can't control themselves. They will just do it in spite of the law. Right? So now I understand your point but can you give me reason why you or I should care about this type of person? And, can you tell me how that is any different from someone who violates the law under the compassionate use act (prop 215)??? You have advise for prop 215 patients. "Just stay within the confines of prop 215 and you'll be OK". Why can't you say that about prop19? Remember, first came prop 215 then came SB420 which clarified things and gave some guidelines. If prop19 were to pass, it will not be the end of the marijuana/cannabis discussion.

Vote yes on Prop19, I am.

Tax on medicine is banned in the state Constitution, prop 19's passage will not change that.

beer and cigs are taxed , just like pot will be under 19.

I cant see any reason to leave home with over an ounce...all I ever need is a few good joints and maybe a small bag of hash. (which is not counted as weed under 19 rules)

Contrary to the tinfoil hat contingent, MJ arrests will not go up after 19 passes, with possible exception of course, of federal arrests on the 20 acre and other large commercial grows or so called 'mexi-mafia' grows on public land.

I cant see any reason to leave home with over an ounce...all I ever need is a few good joints and maybe a small bag of hash. (which is not counted as weed under 19 rules)

SnowBender, please explain why hash is not considered "weed" under prop 19? I haven't heard this.

My bad, i got high and go it wrong. only the resin will be counted as weight. so you could carry an oz of hash. but that should be enough for even the heaviest of smoker's road trip from Shasta to San Diego.

Right now non medical hash is as bad as carrying black tar in the eyes of the courts.

Tax on medicine is banned in the state Constitution, prop 19's passage will not change that.

beer and cigs are taxed , just like pot will be under 19.

Contrary to the tinfoil hat contingent, MJ arrests will not go up after 19 passes, with possible exception of course, of federal arrests on the 20 acre and other large commercial grows or so called 'mexi-mafia' grows on public land.

Sorry brother... you are way wrong there. It will continue and may go up in alarming numbers. Why???? because people now are being arrested for more than an ounce on their person. Again prop19 will not change that. They know it is a minor offence and justa ticket for less than an ounce but they still do it. To think this will change with taxation is wishfull thinking.

Again they are not getting busted for oz or less but for carrying more than an oz and all prop 19 is... is taxation so people can sell legally and coffers can be filled to feed the spending frenzy.

Sorry brother... you are way wrong there. It will continue and may go up in alarming numbers. Why???? because people now are being arrested for more than an ounce on their person. Again prop19 will not change that. They know it is a minor offence and justa ticket for less than an ounce but they still do it. To think this will change with taxation is wishfull thinking.

Again they are not getting busted for oz or less but for carrying more than an oz and all prop 19 is... is taxation so people can sell legally and coffers can be filled to feed the spending frenzy.

You keep saying that people are being busted right now because they carry more than an once and that they will continue this pratice regardless of the change with prop 19. They are looking for trouble. Right now there are no laws that really protect a recreational user. Yes it is an infraction to have an once but there is nothing that allows possession of more than an once or to cultivate. Prop 19 does just that. Like anything, people need to know the inherit risk to things. If you smoke tobacco there is the risk of cancer. If you drink, there are health uses and driving while intoxicated issues. In it's current state, marijuana adds the criminal issue into the mix. We all know that marijuana is safer than tobacco and alcohol but it can still land you in jail. It's not right but if we have progressed as a state to a point where marijuana laws have been decriminalized and where medical cannabis is an established legitimate business. The laws have been changed to protect people's rights and now if people cannot follow the laws that allow all of this, they don't deserve the privilege of possesing MJ whether that is prop 215 or prop 19.

I believe when prop 19 passes that people will stay within prop19's guidelines and not mess things up for themselves. But if people don't look at this as a stepping stone to better rights and get in trouble with the law, you have been warned.

DON'T MESS IT UP FOR THE REST OF US: VOTE YES ON PROP19.

The thing about it now.. is people are not going to jail now for the things covered in prop 19 other than the cultivation in a 5x5 area and the fact you can carry up to an oz... other than that... people that are going to jail in record numbers are because they are carying more than an oz and prop 19 will not change that. Also the prohibitionist who will control it will not lift the limits... I can almost for see that as set in stone.

just read a report that The Senate unanimously passed Dianne Feinstein's bill.

Back
Top Bottom