Female? Too early to tell?

M3GAtron711

420-magazine-mobile2098918526.jpg

420-magazine-mobile469747073.jpg

Are these the signs of a female being born lol
Or still to early?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

For me it's usually around 5 weeks. Between 5 and 7. They seem to tend to show later if I'm topping and training them and whatnot. I'm pretty sure I've had some that went longer and never showed at all until they went under 12/12 lighting. But generally speaking... very soon.

For me it's usually around 5 weeks. Between 5 and 7. They seem to tend to show later if I'm topping and training them and whatnot. I'm pretty sure I've had some that went longer and never showed at all until they went under 12/12 lighting. But generally speaking... very soon.

Ok thanks. Yeah mine are under 18/6 right now. One seemed to have topped herself early in life and since this is my first grow I freak cause I didn't want her to die lol but then I got them both is the right soil, right light, nutes and environment. So now they look way healthier and happier .

My babies Susie & Que

Susie
420-magazine-mobile1125897884.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1202601291.jpg

Que
420-magazine-mobile2102437335.jpg

420-magazine-mobile868216248.jpg

Yeah they're a little behind. Some people say that sex will always show when they're around seven nodes. That's not true in my experience but it's kind of/ sort of in line with what size they usually are when they show. But now that you've got the environment straightened out they'll take off and you should see signs in the next couple weeks.

Yeah they're a little behind. Some people say that sex will always show when they're around seven nodes. That's not true in my experience but it's kind of/ sort of in line with what size they usually are when they show. But now that you've got the environment straightened out they'll take off and you should see signs in the next couple weeks.

Here are pics of them literally a week ago!!

Susie
420-magazine-mobile505450059.jpg

420-magazine-mobile721733445.jpg

Que
420-magazine-mobile1600652017.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1457588128.jpg

Nice. :thumb: Yeah, growth really is exponential as the root system and the foliage support each other and they really get moving.
Probably telling you what you already know, but the best thing you can do to support fast growth is to keep that soil very light and never over water. Roots explode in dry (just barely moist) fluffy soil. What slows down many a seedling is that they struggle in the first few weeks with soil that's not quite dry enough. Once they get a root system that can handle it, they take off.
Post again when you see more interesting 'pointy things' if you're not sure what they are.

Nice. :thumb: Yeah, growth really is exponential as the root system and the foliage support each other and they really get moving.
Probably telling you what you already know, but the best thing you can do to support fast growth is to keep that soil very light and never over water. Roots explode in dry (just barely moist) fluffy soil. What slows down many a seedling is that they struggle in the first few weeks with soil that's not quite dry enough. Once they get a root system that can handle it, they take off.
Post again when you see more interesting 'pointy things' if you're not sure what they are.

Oh I definitely will believe me lol I'm like a little kid waiting for their birthday .

Here are pics of them literally a week ago!!

Susie
420-magazine-mobile505450059.jpg

420-magazine-mobile721733445.jpg

Que
420-magazine-mobile1600652017.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1457588128.jpg

What a great come back. They look amazing compared to a week ago. My babies are also a little over 5 weeks old and not showing sex. I read you can sex them by switching to 12/12 then throw them back into 18/6 veg if you want. Not sure if want to research that a bit more as Im a newbie. Im still waiting myself. Patience is key. My last group showed sex around 6-7 weeks. :)
420-magazine-mobile1383914690.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

What a great come back. They look amazing compared to a week ago. My babies are also a little over 5 weeks old and not showing sex. I read you can sex them by switching to 12/12 then throw them back into 18/6 veg if you want. Not sure if want to research that a bit more as Im a newbie. Im still waiting myself. Patience is key. My last group showed sex around 6-7 weeks. :)
420-magazine-mobile1383914690.jpg

Thanks so much . Yeah just goes to show you that with the right environment and some TLC they can overcome just about anything. I'll also have to take a look at that 12/12 switch you had mentioned. But you're right, patience is key lol and I'm having to learn that. I guess I'm just super excited since this is my first time growing anything. Didn't think I could do it lol but here I am and my babies seem to be happy and healthy .

Alright so just a little update on my babies. I have one that looks like it's showing signs of the sex and I'll post a pic of it below and y'all let me know what ya think. Other than that they are doing awesome and growing like weeds (pun intended). Love to get some feedback from you guys! Thanks ☮️

Here's a pic of what I believe to be signs of pre-flower. Let me know what you think.
420-magazine-mobile2034441345.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1802703739.jpg

And here's some updated picks on how they are growing and have some lst going on as well.
420-magazine-mobile1613314791.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1006672265.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1158750537.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1264144301.jpg

420-magazine-mobile203817359.jpg

☮️

Looking good. :thumb:
To the right of your finger (not at the tip) in the first two pics- the upper of the two objects looks like a calyx to me, by its shape. Too blurry to tell for sure, it could even be leaf growth, but watch for hairs (pistils) to come out of it. If I was there in person I could tell- but it's not smart to say conclusively what something is from a blurry photo.
The other long pointy things are stipules.

Looking good. :thumb:
To the right of your finger (not at the tip) in the first two pics- the upper of the two objects looks like a calyx to me, by its shape. Too blurry to tell for sure, it could even be leaf growth, but watch for hairs (pistils) to come out of it. If I was there in person I could tell- but it's not smart to say conclusively what something is from a blurry photo.
The other long pointy things are stipules.

Yeah on that photo I was pulling back one of the stipules so I could try and get a decent pic of what looks like a pre flower ☮️

Looks like a female to me. It has a tear shape calyx. Mine are just starting to show tears shape calyxs also. Happy growing.
420-magazine-mobile1012420635.jpg

Just thought I would do a quick update on my girls! Yes GIRLS lol. They have been in 12/12 for two weeks now and I must say I think they are coming along great. Here are some updated pictures. .

420-magazine-mobile1414743932.jpg

420-magazine-mobile537446996.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1336928793.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1070431351.jpg

420-magazine-mobile816867953.jpg

Back
Top Bottom