Fertilizer questions?

quiyettoker

I have promix soil from permier, I have blood meal, bone meal, composted manure, lime pellets, nitorgen pellets, and sand, my question is how do i arrange this stuff in the mix? I mean how much of each will I need to combine,to make a good growin soil. Do I need any other ferts to go with what I have already??

Re: fertilizer questions?????

if you have blood meal you don't need extra nitrogen... what you need is potassium, or soluble potash... and also epsom salt... as for putting it in the soil... 1tbs of blood meal for each gallon of soil, 2tbs of bone meal for each gallon... i forget the measurements for the other stuff, but combine the soil, manure and sand at a 1/2,1/4,1/4 ratio... that should be fine... but it really is up to u... everyone has their own preferences...

as far as pottasium goes I personally use BBQ ashes just so I don't have to go buy anything but ashes from a wood burn would probably be better. Otherwise Snagglefunk knows his shit so go with what he says I've used those ferts before too and it sounds right to me.
Question:What did you get the lime for?

balancing the ph, and for magnesium and calcium

up... it's alkaline

so i need to get some potash , isn't that potassium,and is in some soil mixes already, i'll have to check. epsom salt does what for the plant??

where can i buy potash? at walmart, or home depot, lowes, or where ever?? i know epsom salt is everywhere.

go to any nursery... nurseries have it... Lowes might, but I know that a lot of home depots don't...

Is potash and ashes the same thing? Why would you need to buy it?

because where I used to live I had nowhere to burn anything... lived in an apartment... so i kinda got used to it... but potash has different levels of stuff... wood ash has something like 0-2-3 or something like that ... potash has no phosphorus and tons of potassium

being as you only need such a small amount do you think you could use pot ashes. If it saves a trip to the store, why not? it's not like it's going to be enough to hurt your plant and it's a solid so it will be slow release just like blood and bone meal.

Back
Top Bottom