Mixing your own nutrients

blackices93

420 Member
Hi all,
I live in a country where it is impossible to find nutrients booster like in the states or europe. Where I am from it is impossible to find anything else other than time release pellets and very often instruction werent clear on the bag.

So far, I have

worm casting;
soil;
perlite;
alfafa meal;
bone meal;
blood meal;
kelp powder;

what else do i need and what ratio should can i add to my soil to give my ladies a boost? Thank you all in advance!

Can you get compost? Depending on the inputs (same for your castings) that could be most of what you'd need.

I mix my own inputs using the Jadam method (experiment thread in my sig) which is basically fermented plant and mineral inputs. I use mostly fish, comfrey and stinging nettle as inputs, along with a worm farm and compost pile that I also run those inputs through.

The meals will take some time to break down to be available to your plants as microbes have to break them down first.

Do you have space where you live to get a compost pile going?

Can you get compost? Depending on the inputs (same for your castings) that could be most of what you'd need.

I mix my own inputs using the Jadam method (experiment thread in my sig) which is basically fermented plant and mineral inputs. I use mostly fish, comfrey and stinging nettle as inputs, along with a worm farm and compost pile that I also run those inputs through.

The meals will take some time to break down to be available to your plants as microbes have to break them down first.

Do you have space where you live to get a compost pile going?
Hey, thanks for the reply! Also, thanks for the advice! Unfortunately no, i live in an apartment so it might be a lil difficult to set up a compost pile. Any idea what other options is there?

Hi all,
I live in a country where it is impossible to find nutrients booster like in the states or europe. Where I am from it is impossible to find anything else other than time release pellets and very often instruction werent clear on the bag.

So far, I have

worm casting;
soil;
perlite;
alfafa meal;
bone meal;
blood meal;
kelp powder;

what else do i need and what ratio should can i add to my soil to give my ladies a boost? Thank you all in advance!
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Here is a link with some growing info.
There is some information on nutrients in there.
Also search soil mixtures, lots of different ideas there.
Hope your garden is terrific great. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey, thanks for the reply! Also, thanks for the advice! Unfortunately no, i live in an apartment so it might be a lil difficult to set up a compost pile. Any idea what other options is there?
If you can get the dry ingredients you could make the extracts in some containers. They are basically the dry component mixed 1:10 with non-chlorinated water and some microbes (I use worm castings) in a jug and left to ferment for a few weeks to months. That produces a concentrate that is typically diluted 1:30 with more non-clorinated water for your plants.

Any and all of the inputs you cited can be used this way if you don't have room/space to make a compost pile to process them. I've got a whole bunch of them I've made including willow, comfrey, worm casting, nettle, Dandelion, horsetail fern, etc.

Using them that way you'd have to experiment with amounts and ratios to use on your plants as the more typical use is to add them to a compost pile to process.

If you can get the dry ingredients you could make the extracts in some containers. They are basically the dry component mixed 1:10 with non-chlorinated water and some microbes (I use worm castings) in a jug and left to ferment for a few weeks to months. That produces a concentrate that is typically diluted 1:30 with more non-clorinated water for your plants.

Any and all of the inputs you cited can be used this way if you don't have room/space to make a compost pile to process them. I've got a whole bunch of them I've made including willow, comfrey, worm casting, nettle, Dandelion, horsetail fern, etc.

Using them that way you'd have to experiment with amounts and ratios to use on your plants as the more typical use is to add them to a compost pile to process.
The amount of chlorine in tap water won't affect microbes or their growth. It's been debunked many times on other forum. It doesn't take a lot of organic matter for chloramine to become neutral and becoming regular sodium and chlorine.

If you mix in stuff like worm casting with alot of humates it will remove it even more quickly. You may off gas your water for 24-48 hours or add ascorbic acid but it won't make any practical differences when making JMS or LABS.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom