Few first grow questions

James427

Hello fellow growers I am trying to grow some bagseed for experience sense I am a newbie before I go and kill some good seeds from a seed bank. :rollingeyes: It is currently 20 days from when it sprouted and is about 4-5 inches tall and has 4 sets of true leaves and a 5th starting on top. I have gave it a very light feeding of foliage pro about 6 days ago and it took it well and really started growing again befor hand it barely did anything for several days. Showing very slight signs of nute toxicity such as lighter color green on new foliage and cotyledon leaf tips burned a bit. As it stands right now though it's due for another watering\light feeding as the cup is light and the dirt is dry over an inch down as well as the leaves are dropping. So right now it is in a 16oz solo cup with holes for drainage. Soil is epsoma Organic potting mix. A transplant into a 1 gallon is definitely needed very soon due to root bounding so with this soil do I need any unsulfured molasses or nutes or just lightly wet the soil with ph`d water? Also my cotyledon leaves are turning yellow now as well. Any input greatly appreciated.

Grow Information:

What strain is it?: Unknown it was bagseed from some regs or mids.
Is it indica sativa or hybrid and what percentages?: Again this is unknown due to randomly found bagseed likely regs.
How many plants?: One at the moment but planing on adding more if I can get other bagseeds to germinate.
Is it in vegetative or flowering stage?: Currently in early vegatative (?).
If in vegatative stage how long?: I'm not sure when veg stage starts and seedling stops but 20 days sense sprout.
Indoor or outdoor?: Indoor in a grow tent.
Soil or hydro?: Soil.
If soil what's is in your mix?: Says it is an organics mix containing sphagnum peat moss, peat humus, perlite, earthworm castings and dolomitic limestone for pH.
If soil what's size pot?: Currently in a 16oz solo cup. Would like to TP into a 1 gallon though.
Size (wattage) of light and how many?: One 600 watt mh light on 50% power about 3 feet from top of plant. Using 18/6 schedule
Is it air cooled?: No it is a wing reflector light.
Temperature of room cabinet?: Around 75-80F
RH of room\cabinet?: Around 40%.
PH of medium or reservoire?: PH read 7.2 on runoff last I checked but my pH meter is really cheap I do not trust it.
Any pests?: None that I'm aware of
How often are you watering?: About once a week so far but I wait until the cup is light and the soils dry over and inch down.
Type and strength of fertilizers used?: I'm using dyna gro foliage pro and have only used it once with a solution of 1\8th of a TSP per gallon.
Size or square footage of room?: 3x3x6.1 foot grow tent.

dont worry about those little leaves they will shrivel and die early in the plants life. You should start feeding your baby nutrients. I recommend FoxFarms, i use the complete line: Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Look up the feeding schedule and feed every other watering. Your plant will love it. you should upload some pictures of that baby. Heres a link with more info if you want..
Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula

I do not work for foxfarms or anything like that im just a happy customer. I think you can buy them on amazon or at your local grow shop. Good luck noobie :thumb:

dont worry about those little leaves they will shrivel and die early in the plants life. You should start feeding your baby nutrients. I recommend FoxFarms, i use the complete line: Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Look up the feeding schedule and feed every other watering. Your plant will love it. you should upload some pictures of that baby. Heres a link with more info if you want..
Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula

I do not work for foxfarms or anything like that im just a happy customer. I think you can buy them on amazon or at your local grow shop. Good luck noobie :thumb:

Awesome thanks for the information. I was thinking about fax farms and started purchasing some of the complete lineup but Only one I don't have yet is big bloom. Will definitely add that later in date. But I did give it another light feeding oif the dyna gro foliage pro for now sense I already has that mixed and it was looking pretty nutrient defecient. I really just need a good pH meter at this point. I have this cheap pH 009 meter that doesn't seem to be trustworthy enough for growing cannabis. I'll definitely update along the way. Would love to post some pics but my state isnt 420 friendly and I am paranoid but pictures really are the best way to diagnose any problems.

ahh yes I understand the sketch. Thats okay I would be the same way. But just so you know.. Big Bloom even though it sounds like its just for flowering it is actually the first of the three nutrients that you start with and you use it throughout whole grow. They really need to change the name.

Yeah I was just looking at their feeding schedule I got to go pick big bloom up now. I'm thinking I should get some unsulfured molasses as well for the transplant? I'm gonna be transplanting really soon I'm 22 days from sprout and have 4 sets of true leaves and a 5th starting so feel it's ready. BTW you know of any good pH meter for under 40 bucks?

I usually look on amazon first for ph meters and thermometers and stuff like that they usually have good deals just make sure you read the reviews carefully to make sure its not a crap product. and dont stress about not having big bloom in the beginning... i did the same thing and got grow big first then got the other two like 3 weeks into veg and my baby is doing fantastic.

IMHO...she's still a baby, and it sounds like you have decent soil...should have enuff nutes without having to add anything...personally...I've gone as long as six weeks without adding anything but water...so I would just try water for a bit if your water source is good or adjusted...cheerz!...h00k...

Thanks for the advice guys. Pretty excited because I have some more bagseed and 7 White widow seeds from crop King. Can't wait until I have a bit more knowledge in my head than I'm gonna germ those babies and get started. I'm definitely gonna look at jet.com because that's a steal compared to my local hydro store. My current bagseed plant that's now 23 days from sprout is getting pretty big. About 6 inches tall and has 4 full sets of true leaves and a 5th starting. Seems to be OK aside from some curling\drooping on the leaves and a bit on the slow side growing. Thinking she (hope it is!) May just need some better ph`d water\feeding and is gonna need a transplant soon. I just have some non ph`d distilled water with 1\8th of a TSP of foliage pro. Still doing good for not so great water I guess but the curling and drooping combined with slow growth is a little concerning.

Thanks for the advice guys. Pretty excited because I have some more bagseed and 7 White widow seeds from crop King. Can't wait until I have a bit more knowledge in my head than I'm gonna germ those babies and get started. I'm definitely gonna look at jet.com because that's a steal compared to my local hydro store. My current bagseed plant that's now 23 days from sprout is getting pretty big. About 6 inches tall and has 4 full sets of true leaves and a 5th starting. Seems to be OK aside from some curling\drooping on the leaves and a bit on the slow side growing. Thinking she (hope it is!) May just need some better ph`d water\feeding and is gonna need a transplant soon. I just have some non ph`d distilled water with 1\8th of a TSP of foliage pro. Still doing good for not so great water I guess but the curling and drooping combined with slow growth is a little concerning.

Well my plant isn't looking as great as it should be. I know its about time for a transplant into a proper pot but it's barely grown in the last few days and between yesterday and today it seems to have maybe even came to almost a halt on growth. Color is a light green so maybe nute deficiency? Some slight yellowing on tips of bottom leaves as well as some weird tan colored spots on one lower leaf? Leaves are dropping and curling especially the bottom leaves but the tops are definitely doing the same. RH is 38-42% and temps around 77-82°. I still haven't gotten myself a decent trustworthy pH meter and am pretty sure this is the main problem. Humidity does seem to low but without pH`d water i have no clue what's going on. Maybe going into root lock? Gotta get myself a good pH meter and start some FF trio feeding schedules. The pH meter being the reason why I'm not even attempting to germ my others yet.

Well my plant isn't looking as great as it should be. I know its about time for a transplant into a proper pot but it's barely grown in the last few days and between yesterday and today it seems to have maybe even came to almost a halt on growth. Color is a light green so maybe nute deficiency? Some slight yellowing on tips of bottom leaves as well as some weird tan colored spots on one lower leaf? Leaves are dropping and curling especially the bottom leaves but the tops are definitely doing the same. RH is 38-42% and temps around 77-82°. I still haven't gotten myself a decent trustworthy pH meter and am pretty sure this is the main problem. Humidity does seem to low but without pH`d water i have no clue what's going on. Maybe going into root lock? Gotta get myself a good pH meter and start some FF trio feeding schedules. The pH meter being the reason why I'm not even attempting to germ my others yet.

Today was day 26 from sprout and my plant looks to have nute deficiency bottom leaves are curling and turning yellow. Gave a good feeding in the last watering with the FF nutes was Around 100 ppms and used pH strips ph`d the solution to 6.5~. But decided it was time for a transplant so it's now transplanted into a 1 gallon pot and is in epsoma Organic potting soil with 30-40% perlite. Used just regular old RO water without nutes because I didn't want to burn the plant sense it's in new soil and just had a feeding last night. Anyways hopefully it survives this transplant. It's still rather small for its age though only 4 fully developed sets of true leaves and a 5th starting. Probably should have transplanted earlier but I was worried about the roots being underdeveloped. Roots where just starting to swirl maybe 3 or 4 decent sized roots swirled up and around a few inches so it was on its way to being root bound. Do you think I transplanted a bit to late for best development? Maybe that was the reason why it is staying so small.

Back
Top Bottom