FFOF & FFHF what nutes to use and when?

James427

Hello all I'm trying to figure out if the Fox Farms nutrient trio I have ( big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom) will work with FFOF. I am currently trying to sprout some more bagseeds in FFHF with 20% perlite in solo cups. When I do use FFOF will these tree nutrients be OK or should I consider others? I know I'll be good for 3 weeks at least with how hot FFHF has been said to be. But if these nutrients are OK with FFOF what schedule and ratios should I follow? I know this has been repeated many times with the Fox Farms products but I just want to be sure I'm on the right track here. My first plant that's currently in a 1 gallon pot with Espoma organic potting soil and 30% perlite and it's looking a bit unhealthy. Gave it a light feeding with grow big and big bloom a few days ago and tried to pH the water with pH strips to 6.5~ now it has curling yellowed bottom true leaves and it's only on its 6th node with 5 full sets of true leaves and it's 30 days from sprout now? Idk maybe it's the soil but I feel almost like it's root locked from certain nutes and has deficiencies. Also gonna get a good pH meter have around 40 bucks so I can properly pH water. Also heard some people mention not ph`ing water in FFOF is how it has to be done to prevent serious pH drops? Anyways grow info:

What strain is it?: Unknown Bagseeds. Maybe some Sour Diesel hybrids?
Is it indica sativa or hybrid? What percentages?: Unknown bagseeds. Likely hybrid.
How many plants?: Currently have 12 bagseeds waiting to sprout. Unknown how many will make it. One plant in veg.
Is it in vegatative or flowering stage?: Neither still waiting for sprout. Other plant with yellowing leaves is in veg.
If in vegatative stage how long?: The one plant that's struggling is 30 days from sprout.
Indoor or outdoor?: all indoor.
Is soil what's in your mix?: FFOF soil Espoma Organic potting soil for first plant and FFHF for seeds
If soil what size pot?: 1.5gal first plant and 12 18oz solo cups.
Size (wattage) of light?: How many? 1 600 watt mh on 75% power.
Is it air cooled?: No.
Temperature of room/cabinet?: 75-83°F dependent on outdoor temp.
RH of room/cabinet?: 40-50%.
PH of medium or resiviore?: Unknown at the moment.
Any pests?: No.
How often are you watering?: once cup is light and soil is dry over 1" down.
Type and strength of fertilizers used?: Fox Farms grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. DG foliage pro.
Size or square footage of room?: milliard grow tent 3x3x6.1 feet.

BTW the size of my first plant is very small and that's what makes me think it's pH causing root lock. Literally my plant is the size of what almost all grows I see are at around 18-20 days from sprout and it's 30 days from sprout. And it hasn't even stretched much at all yet either it's around 6" tall if not less than. Just seem to be struggling. Anyways any input is greatly appreciated.

Hello all I'm trying to figure out if the Fox Farms nutrient trio I have ( big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom) will work with FFOF. I am currently trying to sprout some more bagseeds in FFHF with 20% perlite in solo cups. When I do use FFOF will these tree nutrients be OK or should I consider others? I know I'll be good for 3 weeks at least with how hot FFHF has been said to be. But if these nutrients are OK with FFOF what schedule and ratios should I follow? I know this has been repeated many times with the Fox Farms products but I just want to be sure I'm on the right track here. My first plant that's currently in a 1 gallon pot with Espoma organic potting soil and 30% perlite and it's looking a bit unhealthy. Gave it a light feeding with grow big and big bloom a few days ago and tried to pH the water with pH strips to 6.5~ now it has curling yellowed bottom true leaves and it's only on its 6th node with 5 full sets of true leaves and it's 30 days from sprout now? Idk maybe it's the soil but I feel almost like it's root locked from certain nutes and has deficiencies. Also gonna get a good pH meter have around 40 bucks so I can properly pH water. Also heard some people mention not ph`ing water in FFOF is how it has to be done to prevent serious pH drops? Anyways grow info:

What strain is it?: Unknown Bagseeds. Maybe some Sour Diesel hybrids?
Is it indica sativa or hybrid? What percentages?: Unknown bagseeds. Likely hybrid.
How many plants?: Currently have 12 bagseeds waiting to sprout. Unknown how many will make it. One plant in veg.
Is it in vegatative or flowering stage?: Neither still waiting for sprout. Other plant with yellowing leaves is in veg.
If in vegatative stage how long?: The one plant that's struggling is 30 days from sprout.
Indoor or outdoor?: all indoor.
Is soil what's in your mix?: FFOF soil Espoma Organic potting soil for first plant and FFHF for seeds
If soil what size pot?: 1.5gal first plant and 12 18oz solo cups.
Size (wattage) of light?: How many? 1 600 watt mh on 75% power.
Is it air cooled?: No.
Temperature of room/cabinet?: 75-83°F dependent on outdoor temp.
RH of room/cabinet?: 40-50%.
PH of medium or resiviore?: Unknown at the moment.
Any pests?: No.
How often are you watering?: once cup is light and soil is dry over 1" down.
Type and strength of fertilizers used?: Fox Farms grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. DG foliage pro.
Size or square footage of room?: milliard grow tent 3x3x6.1 feet.

BTW the size of my first plant is very small and that's what makes me think it's pH causing root lock. Literally my plant is the size of what almost all grows I see are at around 18-20 days from sprout and it's 30 days from sprout. And it hasn't even stretched much at all yet either it's around 6" tall if not less than. Just seem to be struggling. Anyways any input is greatly appreciated.

OK I'm way to impatient. I just searched on Google and YouTube for like an hour straight and found the answers to my questions. FFOF is a good soil if used with only water (no added nutes) for 4-6 weeks at least. Also is said to follow the foxfarm nutrient lines after this time frame at 1/4 strength and see how plants react. I'm going to experiment some and see how plants react with straight RO water non ph`d and than how they react with straight RO water that's been Ph`d. I was wondering in a state like mine where my grow is frowned upon legally could I safely post pics on this website without legal action being taken?

OK well I got a Hanna pH meter and went ahead and watered my current plant at 6.5ph with a light feeding of gorw big and big bloom. Around 100ppms going in and 450ppms on runoff. PH runoff wass 5.7? Not sure that is acceptable in my current soil being the Espoma Organic potting mix with some perlite added. Is 5.7 acceptable upon runoff because my first set of true leaves look bad and are almost curled to the stem and yellowing with browning in the tips and one of my leaf blades are curling way up and have white lines on it? Wish I could post some pics I really do but I think this is some sort of definciency or deficiencies. The leaf curling up maybe heat stress though because my temps skyrocketed to 91° yesterday. Any ideas on the runoff pH? I tried a small flush ran about a half gallon through of 6.5.

Back
Top Bottom