Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Just soil and perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 gallon smart pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 Mars hydro 300 actual w
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Between 68-75
RH of Room/Cabinet? 25-35%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Between 6-7 I used collection of runoff water and test drops
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Every 2-3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Fox farm big bloom and grow big at 1/3rd strength
Size or Square Footage of Room? 3x3 tent

One plant looks great. The other not so much. A lot of yellowing and brown spots on leaves. Not sure if due to a deficiency. Any thoughts ?
20161228_210426.jpg
20161228_210616.jpg
20161228_210054.jpg

Do a google search for " plant doctor - diagnose your sick Cannabis plant"

There's a step by step diagnoses menu. You've left out a lot of crucial information that only you would know. Just use the menus and it will give you a diagnoses.

It looks like a combination of problems. To me....wrong ph (nutrient lockout) and possibly bugs come to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I had one that looked like that in fox farms. Ocean forest uses crab meal for calcium but without staying with live soil it's slow to release. Check ph, use organic Aloe Vera (.25 cup per gallon) and a dime size hit of unsulphered molasses on every other watering. I also have used a product called recharge to re culture my soil. Ocean forest is made at 6.8 to 6.1.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ya FF Ocean Forest is really only good for transplanting to the final pot right before you go to flower.

Once you do a slurry test you (we) can get started on solving the problem.
Do you have a PH pen?

Most of the time the dark spots are signers of magnesium issues. Ph will cause lock out just yellowing and curling. The dark spots tell the most, quickest test on that is a feeding of Epsom salts. I'd still do the molasses also.

I'm still leaning towards bugs. This is what it looks like when fungus gnats have laid eggs in your wet soil. The eggs turn to larvae. The larvae eat your roots.
420-magazine-mobile1360073625.jpg

Most of the time the dark spots are signers of magnesium issues. Ph will cause lock out just yellowing and curling. The dark spots tell the most, quickest test on that is a feeding of Epsom salts. I'd still do the molasses also.

If his ph is below 5.9 or above 7 the plant won't take up Magnesium. No point in adding Magnesium Sulphate if it can't use it.
Trust me. Do the slurry test. Find out your soil's ph before you start adding things.
Slurry test takes 15 minutes.
Adding Epsom Salts won't show results for days if at all. By no means is it the "quickest test" to diagnosing your problem.

If his ph is below 5.9 or above 7 the plant won't take up Magnesium. No point in adding Magnesium Sulphate if it can't use it.
Trust me. Do the slurry test. Find out your soil's ph before you start adding things.
Slurry test takes 15 minutes.
Adding Epsom Salts won't show results for days if at all. By no means is it the "quickest test" to diagnosing your problem.

True I agree, I was just going off what I see. When I use ocean forest I add Humic acid and a small amount of domilite lime. Just was saying what I see. Most soil will stabilize at 7.0 usually.

Wow thank you very much everyone for the quick responses and great input. I will stop by for a ph pen after work today and run a slurry test to get a better reading on the pH of the soil. I am quite the novice as its my 2nd run I had the understanding that ffof was good to use. I will definitely look for a change next run.

I'm still leaning towards bugs. This is what it looks like when fungus gnats have laid eggs in your wet soil. The eggs turn to larvae. The larvae eat your roots.
420-magazine-mobile1360073625.jpg

I do see similarities here. Do you all think it's best to keep on with only the healthy plant?

Let it dry out a bit. Check the ph. Check the roots for bugs. 100% salvageable

Lot of people reporting fungus gnats.

Back
Top Bottom