Fighting Thrips

Bushmaster

I asked in an earlier thread if anyone had any experience with the organic pesticide, Zero Tolerance. No replies, so I stopped at Home Depot last night and picked up 2 products that look safe, BUT I want to hear from the experts here.

The first is Ortho Ecosense Outdoor Pest Controller. List ingredients as Pyrethrins 0.01%, Canola Oil, 1.00% and inert 98.99%. I know Pyrethrins is derived naturally from Crysanthemums, but would you use it on MJ?

Second is very similar to the Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance that cost me 20 bucks at the grow shop. It is called EcoSmartOrganic Insect Killer, cost me $5.99, and has Rosemary oil.25%, Peppermint oil, .25%, Thyme oil, .25%, Clove oil .25%, other ingredients, 99%, listed as water, White Mineral oil, Potassium Oleate, Lechithins.

So, what do you think?

DO NOT use the EcoSmart. It is pure piss, and burned the shit out of my plants. Thrips still around, but I'm not seeing many, and my traps (sticky yellow Aphid traps) are catching almost no adults, and none are flying. What's up?

I use Take-Down...available at HTG. It works incredibly well at killing everything on the plant foliage. It is made up of the same consistency as your ortho ecosense. BTW, how much did that cost?

I am having trouble with gnats in my soil and was wondering if you have any idea on potential solutions involving watering the plants w/pyrethrins, tobacco juice, chili peppers, etc. I think I am going to run a trial on one flowering plant that has the soil infested.

I like zero tolorance, seemed to work for me with neem oil. NO ortho, the name alone scarres me. The way I got rid of the little shits was with "Ladybugs" their ultimately the best. I got hit while blooming couldn't spray so got the ladybugs and within days they wiped out the pests. Now I use ladybugs as my insurance policy all the time.

Back
Top Bottom