Filter/Light hanging placement?

RIXSTA

hey all,
1st off thanks in advance

Anyway.

how you guys hanging your filters.
I got the bigg 8" and i want to mount as hi as poss but my walls and ceilings weak azz.
got a hole in ceiling already and can see the beam,
thinking of trying to connect to the beam.
this would put the carbon filter in the corner of the room though which is 2nd closest to the door were im intaking too.

ok let me paint a picture as im kind stuck on my intake and out take pluss this forum dont have a simple upload a pic option.

12x8x8 room.
12 is the lengh and 2/3 into that is my door. walk threw the door and your like a metre from the right wall corner, the 2nd corner is were the ceiling hole is, between that corner i got a 9 pot trey and some bubblers.

the idea is start veg in that corner well i have done this already, take cuttings and fill the other 2/3 of te room with 25l oxy pots. my clones are rooting now and i plan on flower asap as i got around 15 plants already ready to flip.

any way my worry is is. if i put the filter in that corner, it will suck the air into the right of the room and totaly miss the left. and what if i cant hang it too?
also im wanting to hang it in that corner but extract threw the top of my door were i also have intake at the bottom.
the problem is is i may not be able to mount the filter hi and then probs with condensation n bam mold.

hmmm if i cant mount it il put it in the far left corner as it wil then have to suck the air acrossthe hole room, giving all plants air.
but its on the floor so what about the heat and condensation? it will just suck it down?
the filters more for smell but the amount of light im use is going to cause heat so I need a good location for intake and out take.

need advice on those as well as mounts/brackets for my walls "plasterboards and concrete."
ive already put U hooks into my wall but they crumbles the cement 1 and dont feel the securist, ok for my veg light but now i need to put up 6 or more lights and some have boxs "ive extended the ballast n removed from the case already to save weight."

Im thinking get tv wall brackets with a back plate but id only be able to do 1 wall as the others a neighbours.
ive even thought put a tent frame up to hang the filter but thats going to take room.

I need a simple solution for mounting and effiecient positions for my intake and out take.

but were should i place the intake, obv as far from the out take as poss and as low as poss to the ground right?

so ive got a path from the door so i can walk between and around the backs.

so that ceiling hole im thinking try hang the filter but its risky man.
you think I could just leave it pointing up? then have my duct come up and over all my lights to the door?

my fans and filter are
8inch carbon filter "the bigger one."
6inch rpk L1 700cfm
5inch carbon filter "small one."
4inch rpk cfm? 200-300 ish.

8 n 6 is out take while 4n 5 are intake.

im thinking try hang to ceiling and extract threw top f door and then intake threw the bottom. but what if i cant mount it high?

And should i just stack the fan straigh on the filter then ducting or filter duct then fan? i heard further the fan has to suck the less efficient it is at cleaning and tbh im kind of at the limit of the room already and dont want to lose any cf.

im thinking the extractors just going to suck up any fresh air before it gets to the plant and then im thinking i could suffer temp and humidity probs.

Im going to be pushing 4000wat lights alone and im using only 2x600w to control heat. rest are 400w hps.
im growing in oxy pots 4x25l 4x20l and coco 6x in 18litre pots. but planning to add another 10 atleast all in 25l oxy buckets.

rooms about 12ft square max. im taking the room to the limits and need solid advice on my climate control. I will get aircon and dehumidifier if i have to but ideally my fams will cover it all.

Ive looked into co2 but i dunno.shouldnt need it.

tbh do them cheap fan controllers that you plug in wall and plug your fan into work?
im avto get controllers aint I to adjust temps.
is there a controller already made to cover these so i can just connect fans, put temps in and boom??
if not id make 1 those cake for few quid but is rather ready built 1 to save on any just incase probs.

usually use them expensive big controlers but this 1 im trying to be efficient n use minimums and spend minimum too as 90% grow product demand a premium should they have hydro or grow connected to there title which is complete BS in my eyes.

tell you something. id give building those like light movers what move your lights across the room. i dont need it but could help with support.

Been thinking use the frame of a tent to support the carbon filter already but not to sure.

also what you think about intake and out take threw the loft or intake threw loft and extract out the door? im thinking the later tbh.

seems like a dumb questions i know n 1 i should already know but ive always thought of the loft as a no go due to helicopter detection so ice always used the doors.

also while im here wel as just get it all out.
What could I use to replace the glass on low bay light boxs??
Im thinking throw 600w bulbs in them with a lil fan.

what you guys think about no hoods and straight dangling the bulbs?
I just about to order 1 them light meters too so i can make sure im getting what i need tbh im kinda over killing it but idc as i want apsolute maximum results for the room.

Are my lights too much? whats ideal for 12ft square?

what you think of them photographer umbrellas? as a hood for the bulbs?

sorry to go on but think can see what im trying to ask. im a overthinker and like to get as close to perfect in everything i do lol so its bugging me out. same as my npk dry feeds.
all i get is bs replies to my thread and if it happems here i aint coming back.

Ask a question on npk formulas and get bs replies saying us this company and that for ready made. well thats the problem, i aint paying tripple the price because it has a hydroponic tag on it.

I"ll make my own.

awaits replies that have nothing to do with thread, change to leds blabla, change this n that. nana please just reply on topic as it is annoying. that aswell as not being able to attach a pic is going to make me stop using here.
Just being hones.

swear advice on my walls too as they fall apart already with just hooks.

Im thinking get them tv things that hold tv on wall, putting bolt threw wall with a plate at each side of the room, cant do 1 wall like that though so that leaves the ceiling and from pass experience i already know ceiling alone no good so have to go threw to the beams right?

show me your rooms please. prefferebly your mounts and brackets aswell as location..

or should i do like a Y piece off my intake too so it atleast shoots in 2 directions? that way it might get more to pants before filter sucks it?

oh low post count dont mean im a newb either. seen the way some of you reply and talk to people like they dumb. Only person who looks dumb is you when you reply like that.

I got a npk thread i need lil help with too if you can click my name n see post n help please do as all im getting here is BS replies when i need experienced replies.

How many luxs should a 400w give me? same question for 600w as im check all my lights before flower.

fk it im talk my npk as no 1 giving any decent advice.

Im thinking get yara kristalon bown with yara calcinit at the min.

but i do got a 1.2.3 1kg of another companys but not sure if I should just boost N or buy another fertiliser that will double my N so I can use both in veg and then stop mixing and leave the 1.2.3 to threw flower.

for example with the yara

1/4
2/4
3/4
4/4

Obviously threw the weeks and reduce N for flower.
hmm
Would you just buy a N 1.0.0 or would you get like a 3.1.1 then remove the N or the 3.1.1 to keep the 1.2.3.

obv that N 1.0.0 would need to be 3.0.0 but think you just strenghen to get that anyways.

other option is I could do the same for all 3 and just buy a N for boost in veg and then a P K for flower on top of my 1.2.3

theres a few combinations.
if any of tou could help with the npk a bit more please pm me as im like 95% complete on understanding it completely. Im just stuck with calculating the bigger npk ratios in to simple 1.2.3 3.2.1.

Ideally id like a 3.2.1 in veg and lower while adding 1.2.3 for the transfer to flower.

I think a N and K 1.0.0 and 0.0.1 would be a good place for me to add up what i need but then you goto add up te, fe and everything.

While im here N will help reduce ph too right?
like P will increase ph? ye cuz i upped with P thinking dont use ph up lol and fkn plant almost died haha.

hence me here now. i dont want to fk up at all and tbh i already got canna coco, canna flores, silica, calmag, pk13/14, vitalink. I aint new to this. my safe bet is always vitalink max with pk 13/14 in flower. always give me 12 pluss oz from 20l buckets but the 20l limits in flower as they eat that juice in a day. hence 25l this time. I will top the 20l. and the coco 1s i may just rip out, never seen so much shyt in my life with those coco and canna products. I had these pass to me too big 10 and 5ls. wish i could show you cuz my 25l plants are easy 6x bigger then the coco n trust me, i been on ppms, ph, everything.

think with npk with normal hydro shop buys is set to change npk values as you increase the feed. this xauses problems i find and im willing to bet that keeping 1 ratio threw veg is the way forward. Not 100 on flower yet but veg for sure.
you could be starting with 1ml per litre getting 100 ppm each ml giving you 3.2.1 but if you up the dose those numbers change. I believe this is what fks everything up as if you stayed with the 1ml you would get your 3.2.1 and no probs.

haha ive gone on now and spun my head.
I need some help and advice asap. im sure il work it out but if a experienced person could chip in too id really appreciate it.

I will continue with my canna and vita but want something asap for my clones, il vitalink them untill i get facts n i aint asking for much, just a ratio for nice green plant with steady growth in veg which will maintain threw 1st 2week or even all threw flower.

see i was thinking just get 20.20.20 and get a 1.0.0 N for veg, work what ppm my plant like n leave it. then when flower comes reduce the N and add K until 4th ish week then add P and more K then just reduce all ppms.

I know im on the right track guys. like i said im 95% complete.

I got 1.2.3 already and im just get my options now.
15.5.30 equaling 3.1.6
see i dont understand how that equals that so please explain if you can as that is my main problem at the minute.

I can get
15.5.30 3.1.6 +te
18.18.18 1.1.1 +te
20.8.8 3.1.1 +te "im thinking this veg with my 1.2.3 for flower is the way."
6.12.36 1.2.3 +mg + te "already got."

12.5-12.5-20 +te "dont know how to calculate to smaller but guessing 1.1.2."

15.15.30 " again dont know calculation but guessing its 1.1.3 or 2.2.3. or 1.1.2." see were im stuck, il be 100% once i know this.

20.20.20 doesnt say hut im sure its 2.2.2 which would be 5.5.5 7.7.7 10.10.10 basicly a all round npk. was thinking get this to use all threw, add 3.1.1 for veg then 1.2.3 for flower. obvious threw ppms.

25.15.15 again dont know the smaller numb but a guess would be 2.1.1 or 3.2.2 " 1 I could use for veg ontop of my 1.2.3 but i need to know the exact calculation. this and 1.2.3 could be used as a veg and bloom?? or am I missing something? obv te il checks.

10.52.10 again guessing its 1.5.1.

5.19.10+3mg phos-mag "think this is like a suplement for soil.

Ive been ready to order for ages but need advice and solid advice at that. I can pretty much re formulate any main companys npk here and im pretty sure thats exactly the idea and at a fraction of the price.

question.
granules and soil or coco feeds. can I still add to water and just watch the ppms to use it or not at all? these are all soluble products ive put above. Im happy to buy muliple to get what I need but im pretty sure i only need 2 of these for a good veg and bloom.

what can I get for ph down?
my waters super hard at 380 ppm and 8.0 ph. takes like a good 2-3ml of ph down to down a gallon to 5.5. and on thise numbers my local water thing says 100ppm is calcium alone. there is mag too so i dont think i need calmag tbh i think this is why my cocos fkd, overdose of calmag but i was using 1ml or 1/2 per litre so if not less as i always try to under do it.

hmm what else.
ah think I will need a pk booster too? like veg/bloom and booster?

kinda were im at with this and i really believe any serious grower will end up with powder feeding. I even found 1 that is exact same as another companys at 1/10 the price. its even same colour same % of elements this 1.2.3 i got isnt far off it either tbh so i know im so close to mastering it haha maybe im mules off lol but in my head im 95% there to finalising this and thats me for life with nutes.

please dont say go get AN. ive done all that and get similar results with just vitalink and pk14/14. yup not as green all threw but i get the weight n quality.
Now i want less to do. simpler, cleaner and easier feed schedule.

problem is is there aint to much info on hydroponic or weed growin in general with these products but I guarantee your product is made with these products. specially yara range. they make all these companies nutes.

anyway.
I will pop back but please help me sort my npks out and offer any advice you can on my lights and filter mounting.

Take care.
damn i write a book.
haha thats were im at and all the help i need right now.

Re: Filter/Light hanging placement

you will have to forgive me. i didnt have the attention span to read past

any way my worry is is. if i put the filter in that corner, it will suck the air into the right of the room and totaly miss the left. and what if i cant hang it too?
also im wanting to hang it in that corner but extract threw the top of my door were i also have intake at the bottom.
the problem is is i may not be able to mount the filter hi and then probs with condensation n bam mold.

i can see this much. You are over thinking things!

just exhaust high (doesnt have to be right on the roof, just above the lights for best results) , and intake low. Keep circulating fans going in the room, and you wont have issues.

ill go back and read a bit more.. lol

edit: read most of the rest. You state youre not new to this. While this may be the case, you are 100% putting waaaay too much thought and worry into what to do.

i think you need to tone it down, and follow the KISS principal.

im not trying to be rude, but your brain seems to be going 1000 miles a minute and all over the place about all this stuff. lol. youre stressing too much about things that wont make or break your plants. take it one step at a time.

Back
Top Bottom