First Aeroponics setup build - Need opinions

In the US they are about $65 online.

Of course they are. :(
When we try to import anything like that into Canada, we get charged import fees and taxes, not to mention the exchange, so I'm sure it works out to be about the same amount.

This pump has a spigot for attaching a tube on the air input, I'm assuming this is to suck cold air from outside the tent in through the pump, rather than just recycling the air inside the tent, thus heating it more and more.
I've attached a tube leading to the outside of the tent :)

It would be best if that pump was outside the tent if heat is an issue for you.

The pump itself is going to heat up.

But a little heat might be ok for you up there.

I am in the deep south and heat can be an issue for me.

I like to have mine outside the tent in a cool place and then just run the airline in.

I also try to keep inside the tent clean and free from anything that does not need to be in there.

It would be best if that pump was outside the tent if heat is an issue for you.

The pump itself is going to heat up.

But a little heat might be ok for you up there.

I am in the deep south and heat can be an issue for me.

I like to have mine outside the tent in a cool place and then just run the airline in.

I also try to keep inside the tent clean and free from anything that does not need to be in there.

This so bizarre,

As I was reading about this very same pump in another thread and how noisy and irritating it is, (and you are warning me about the heat in this thread) and how you need to have lots of airstones connected to it to avoid excess back pressure, the hose with the manifold connected to it POPPED off with a loud pop, thus scarring the cat sitting on my wife's lap, causing him to do a burnout and cut my wife's legs all up with his claws!

The pump got so warm that the output hose got all soft and squishy from the heat, and the pressure caused it to just pop off, lol.

That's it, this air pump is going back tomorrow.

Aahaha! That is about how long I lasted with one of those.

I grow in the room right next to my bedroom and I could not take the noise and I was freaked out about how hot it got.

The sound of the GH's and I have three of them going just kind of blend in with the house noises.

They last for many years and work great.

Tetra Whisper's are a good cheap pump with a nice sound.

They last about a year. I used them before I found GH.

I went through many pumps in the beginning.

That General Hydroponics pump is looking better all the time.

Currently, I have a Petcetera brand dual outlet aquarium pump bubbling a few DWC buckets, I just wanted something better quality, and more power, with more outlets to ensure good oxygen to the roots, when I start my grow that is.

It's never easy to admit that you get what you pay for. :)

In this case, I didn't think I was cheaping out with this EcoAir pump as it was presented to me as a reliable option, and the price seemed OK at $45 bucks.

The GH pump is DN$ 101.20 & FREE Shipping on Amazon.ca, and $109.00 at the local hydro shop.

I would pay that much for one if I had to.

They are worth it.

It will pay for itself many times over in how long they last and they are the best sounding I have come across.

One good run will pay for everything in saving from having to buy pot somewhere and it will be killer stuff you grew on your own.

Plus you don't have to worry about burning down the house..:volcano-smiley:

I gave in and bought he General Hydroponics pump. lol
It's totally quiet, and runs like a charm. Problem solved.

I'm not a total newbie, got a dozen or so grows with DWC sytem and the NFT system (Nutrient Film Technique), and hybrid PVC tube systems I've built, I was just trying to branch out into what I "thought" was aeroponics, lol.

I've always just used aquarium air pumps before, i don't have any experience with all of the so called "commercial" grade air pumps.
Thanks for all your help :)

(I gave in and bought he General Hydroponics pump. lol
It's totally quiet, and runs like a charm. Problem solved.)

Glad you got it and like it.

Hopefully you will get many years of use out of it...

Funny thing is I bought a replacement diaphragm about three years ago and I have not needed it yet.

I just shows that if you buy good tools they will last and last...

Funny thing is I bought a replacement diaphragm about three years ago and I have not needed it yet.

I just shows that if you buy good tools they will last and last...

I done the same thing. replacement diaphragms still sitting in the closet. LOL

Back
Top Bottom