First grow! 3 weeks in! Noob help please

MrAnxiiouz

Yo what’s good people.

Day 21 Since Planting Taproot

Taking a look at my plant, it seems like it’s growing pretty slow, but it’s doing it’s best and so am I. First true leaves look the weakest as they’re droopy and have some deficiency that I can’t tell. The first node is also slightly drooping but looks good for the most part.

Soil Amendment: coco coir, peat moss, vermiculite (organic jiffy seed starter mix)
Nutes used so far: FF Big Bloom and Silica Powder (Kelp4less)
pH: ~6.2 when I water
ppm: ~700

Questions:
1. What’s wrong with the first set of true leaves? Do they matter?
2. Why is my Internodal spacing distance short?
3. Why are the first true leaves droopy but all other nodes fine?
4. Should I top my plant? It is working on its 4th node I believe.
5. What is that dot thing on the first node on last pic? Does that indicate gender (idk if seed is male or female)

Right now, I’m assuming that it’s growing slow because there’s no microbes breaking down the nutes. I haven’t added mycorrhizae, Trichoderma, fulvic, or humid acid.

Attachments

• 353E79C3-E222-4113-8E33-CF1118AC1281.jpeg
    353E79C3-E222-4113-8E33-CF1118AC1281.jpeg
    721.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 8EC308DB-9C5F-47CA-9879-736B9EF5F5A5.jpeg
    8EC308DB-9C5F-47CA-9879-736B9EF5F5A5.jpeg
    524.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 9F49F04A-D2AE-480D-A83F-E3ED17E8AECC.jpeg
    9F49F04A-D2AE-480D-A83F-E3ED17E8AECC.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 08B0C299-8627-4F52-97B6-24FD629A5279.jpeg
    08B0C299-8627-4F52-97B6-24FD629A5279.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 139
Welcome to the forum!
They do seem a little small, but overall I wouldn’t worry much about size. Try not to “compare” to other plants. They look relatively healthy. A little yellow, do you have Cal/Mag?

Questions:
I usually end up stripping them myself, I wouldn’t worry too much about it

Nothing wrong with short internodes, I actually prefer it for building a better training structure. What kind of light are you using? Most likely getting adequate light no need for stretching.

As Q.1, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

That’s a personal preference,

5. What is that dot thing on the first node on last pic? Does that indicate gender (idk if seed is male or female)
can’t see clearly but looks like a growth tip, definitely not an indicator of sex, little young for that.

Welcome to the forum!
They do seem a little small, but overall I wouldn’t worry much about size. Try not to “compare” to other plants. They look relatively healthy. A little yellow, do you have Cal/Mag?

Questions:
I usually end up stripping them myself, I wouldn’t worry too much about it

Nothing wrong with short internodes, I actually prefer it for building a better training structure. What kind of light are you using? Most likely getting adequate light no need for stretching.

As Q.1, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

That’s a personal preference,

can’t see clearly but looks like a growth tip, definitely not an indicator of sex, little young for that.

dope! Cal-mag is coming in but my tap water ppm is 400 so I thought it would suffice at this stage. I’m using a 32w full spectrum RWB light. Growth tip huh, I’ll look more into that.

How often are you feeding? I just noticed you are in coco, keeping it moist?

Every time I water I’m feeding. I just started. Every 2 days it seems like. 1/2 strength big bloom and 1/2 strength silica powder that’s it. Keeping it moist for sure. Also don’t have perlite so it might be why growth is a little slow. And no microbes.

Never used it TBH. Either way doesn’t matter I’d treat it like soil personally. You’ll be up potting very soon anyway correct? What are you planning on using for your medium?

yeah gonna pot up to a 2GAl. I’m waiting for the roots to start really thriving before I transplant tho. Going to use the same medium

For coco, feed as often as you can
That is the benefit from growing in coco
If I could, I would feed to runoff 4 times a day, but I simply don't have time to do it more than once a day.
Just make sure you get rid of the runoff. You don't want plants sitting in discharge.
I'v found 3-5 gallon to be the sweet spot for growing in coco.

For coco, feed as often as you can
That is the benefit from growing in coco
If I could, I would feed to runoff 4 times a day, but I simply don't have time to do it more than once a day.
Just make sure you get rid of the runoff. You don't want plants sitting in discharge.
I'v found 3-5 gallon to be the sweet spot for growing in coco.

yeah I gotcha.It’s slowly growing rn because not enough water can runoff due to no perlite. Will add when I transplant to a 2GAL

Back
Top Bottom