cheers guys I will do that from now on - Dirt Mcgurt, so if the soil is dry don't worry unless it has been 6 days since watering? so she has a dry period - just to clarify?

I'm going to transfer her into drier soil today so that should help her

feel like such an idiot :p but would rather learn from mistakes than not know what to do

I would hold off on the transplant, more stress on her now wouldn't be good. If you already filled the pot up with soil I would just let her do her thing for a couple days. When I start seedlings I use solo cups, pre soak the soil make a hole and drop it in tap root down. Normally about 7-10 later I'll give her a little more water. You want the soil to dry out but not bone dry before you water. She will let you know when she needs a drink. Hope this helps

yeah that's definitely the true cause Dirt Mcgurt because of the overwatering, her roots look a tiny bit brown but not to the point where they look slimey some do look white still so Im going to get her transfered her immediately into a drier pot - really need to get my game together with this

here's a picture of the roots:

20160615_092611.jpg

so I have placed her into a drier medium of soil - and won't water her until Tuesday/Wednesday Morning?

Sorry I couldn't catch you sooner

Thank you Dirt McGurt for helping me realise my mistake really appreciate it - hopefully she bounces back now in a few days... Yeah I wish you did catch me sooner - I did leave some of the soil around the roots so it won't be as bad for her.

If not, I can start seed number 2 off and start again which I'm tempted to do but really don't want to do unless its necessary

done what you said 1/2 cup of water took a picture from the side so you can see I have buried the stem like you also suggested

20160615_102818.jpg

have to say she's looking less pale after that and it's only been 20 or so minutes

Yeah if the soil is a pink colour means they are starting to rot. To be honest I don't think you will get much if any yield on this plant just because all of the strain you are putting on her, becuase she is an Auto she has a life-span and being stunted this much might not let her get big at all.

If I was you I would try start again if you have a couple of extra seeds (you will be at the same stage your plant is at now within a week). Start with some decent soil, water once planted and leave for at least 7 days (try planting in biggest pot to avoid transplanting) the once she has sprouted and established few leaves (1-2 weeks after sprout) water once more.

Also if you ever do transplant try not to go close to the roots as you are in the photo, have a quick read over this; Why Do I Need to Transplant?

Yeah if the soil is a pink colour means they are starting to rot. To be honest I don't think you will get much if any yield on this plant just because all of the strain you are putting on her, becuase she is an Auto she has a life-span and being stunted this much might not let her get big at all.

If I was you I would try start again if you have a couple of extra seeds (you will be at the same stage your plant is at now within a week). Start with some decent soil, water once planted and leave for at least 7 days (try planting in biggest pot to avoid transplanting) the once she has sprouted and established few leaves (1-2 weeks after sprout) water once more.

Also if you ever do transplant try not to go close to the roots as you are in the photo, have a quick read over this; Why Do I Need to Transplant?

Thanks, I didn't realize it was an auto.

Thanks for the advice Bigz123 im going to float a seed now I totally agree with you - havent got another northen lights one but i can move on to a blue mystic

ok guys, am floating a Blue Mystic Auto seed in some water and leaving it for 24 Hours and will do another update tomorrow

20160615_113929.jpg

20160615_114730.jpg

in the mean time, does anyone know how to 'recycle'/ turn the old plant into some 'tea' that I could use to help the growth of the new seed when it sprouts?

This time I shall succeed - I know what to avoid doing this time let's just hope *touchwood* all goes well

was reading up on making compost tea for the new sprout, seems fairly simple if I take the old plant out of the pot when the new seeds tap root appears, plant the seed and burry the old plant into some fresh compost and leave to mature, I can start making some tea for the plant :)

Update: It's been 12 hours since floating and she has already sank! shall I move her into a damp paper towel now? or let her soak for the final 12 hours?

20160615_220517.jpg

sure thing mate - I haven't got another pot other than the one the old plants in at the moment, shall I remove the plant and put it to one side so I can make tea with it?

Back
Top Bottom