First Grow! Canna Tsu

W00

Hello growers!
I made a few posts, but I think its time to start a journal. I'm new to the grow world so each stage I have lots of questions. Reading so much just confuses the hell out of me LOL!. So lets start with...

Strain - Hybrid Canna Tsu
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Coco
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 8" pot
Lights - (1) 400 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Coco
PH - 6.5
Room Temperature - 80 to 84
Grow tent 3x3x4

Planted 2-22-19 (Clone was about 2 weeks old when purchased)

First month I ran into every newb trouble. Wrong lights, wrong vent size, nutrient deficiency. Finally after all this time the girls are looking great! Photos below are from today. You could see the awesome new growth just from the past 2-3 weeks and I'm finally feeling a little confident. Both girls were topped 4-3-19.

Do you think its time to switch to flower? Switch to HPS bulb?

Attachments

• 20190408_121559.jpg
    20190408_121559.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190408_121405.jpg
    20190408_121405.jpg
    809.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190408_121340.jpg
    20190408_121340.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 76
You'll find yourself severely limited for height with a four foot tall tent. If you can swing it, get something taller. There are 3' X 3' X 7'-8+' tents available. Our sponsor Gorilla Grow Tents is one of them, but they are currently sold out. If you are in Canada, check out Grow Lights Canada. They have a clone.

Those plants will double to triple in size when you flip to flower. You need to train them to grow as low as possible, and install a screen to SCRoG them.

Thank you! I ran up amd checked the tent. Its 3x3x5. I know I have to do something here. I want to train them, but the branches have been so small and didn't think you could do it (bend) during flower. The branches are finally starting to push out now. Since all the troubles I have no idea really where I'm at other than veg stage.

You'll find yourself severely limited for height with a four foot tall tent. If you can swing it, get something taller. There are 3' X 3' X 7'-8+' tents available. Our sponsor Gorilla Grow Tents is one of them, but they are currently sold out. If you are in Canada, check out Grow Lights Canada. They have a clone.

Those plants will double to triple in size when you flip to flower. You need to train them to grow as low as possible, and install a screen to SCRoG them.

Another day I want to switch these girls to flower very soon. Is there anything specific I should do before the switch. Can I pull off some of these huge fan leaves? A a little more coco to the pot? When should I flush? I will be getting net tomorrow to put inside. Since the plant is so thin the branches will really sit right under the net. Once in flower do I just let them grow wild up through the screen?

Thank you so much for any and all help.

They are what, about 12"/30cm tall? You will need to slowly and carefully bend the main stem over about 90°. Do this a little at a time over several days so that you don't break the main stem. Consider using a rounded object such as a mason jar lid staked to the ground in front of the bend to use as a form. Once they are bent over, install the net and use it to train both the main stem and all the branches so that the tips are well separated.

It's either this, or top them and wait three to four weeks for them to veg out.

I did top them about 2 weeks ago. In a older post someone recommended I do that. The new growth is out of there a good 2 inches. Since im so new at this bending scares the crap out of me. I don't want to snap it right off

They are what, about 12"/30cm tall? You will need to slowly and carefully bend the main stem over about 90°. Do this a little at a time over several days so that you don't break the main stem. Consider using a rounded object such as a mason jar lid staked to the ground in front of the bend to use as a form. Once they are bent over, install the net and use it to train both the main stem and all the branches so that the tips are well separated.

It's either this, or top them and wait three to four weeks for them to veg out.

I did top them about 2 weeks ago. In a older post someone recommended I do that. The new growth is out of there a good 2 inches. Since im so new at this bending scares the crap out of me. I don't want to snap it right off

New growth can be easily bent. Once it ages and hardens it takes a little care and time. Just bend them 5° to 10° at a time, once or twice a day. Don't put much pressure on the stem. You are guiding the plant, not forcing it into the shape you want.

Does it matter that they are so short still? I mean the plant itself is tall, but not very thick. Even tying them down seems silly. Id have string everywhere lol

This is why...

full

One Week to Harvest - 5' Tall Tent

The net is about 6" from the top of the substrate. The light is as high as it can go. There's nothing above it. Notice that some of the colas have grown into the light. That is not a good thing.

Well I did my first LST last night and hated it! Was so scared of snapping the dang stem. First picture shows how they look this morning. Third pic is a branch I accidentally snapped just now! Fml. Will this recover or do I need to duck take it?

I am so thankful for this forum and all your help! Thank you again.

Attachments

• 20190410_081516.jpg
    20190410_081516.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20190410_081429.jpg
    20190410_081429.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190410_081120.jpg
    20190410_081120.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190410_081008.jpg
    20190410_081008.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 62
Mine is is 5'. Thought it would be good for the 2 plants I have. Not really thinking about the light. That beach is HUGE! If you have one of the led lights you will have more room. Im scared for flower because this plant has been in veg longer than I thought.

Man oh man those short tents look like a mega hassle for flowering. I'm glad I haven't ordered one just yet.

Mine is is 5'. Thought it would be good for the 2 plants I have. Not really thinking about the light. That beach is HUGE! If you have one of the led lights you will have more room. Im scared for flower because this plant has been in veg longer than I thought.

I almost ordered a 5'. If that were my only option I think I'd manifold.

You can grow in a 5' tent, but you really need to control the growth. I use NugBucket's Mainline/Manifold method, and every grow has had colas that grew into or over the light. That's even with no filter, and the light 7.5cm or 3" from the top of the tent.

I like the 2' X 4' (60 X 120cm) tent size as I can reach the back of it to maintain the plants, and it fits well in limited spaces. The only high tents in this size were made by Gorilla when I started growing, I just couldn't afford one, so I bought the 5' tall version. Now it seems like the 7-8' tall clone tents are sold by several vendors. I really like the 2' X 4' X 7' - 8' tent I have. My 5' tent will now be used for veg, and seed.

You can grow in a 5' tent, but you really need to control the growth. I use NugBucket's Mainline/Manifold method, and every grow has had colas that grew into or over the light. That's even with no filter, and the light 7.5cm or 3" from the top of the tent.

I like the 2' X 4' (60 X 120cm) tent size as I can reach the back of it to maintain the plants, and it fits well in limited spaces. The only high tents in this size were made by Gorilla when I started growing, I just couldn't afford one, so I bought the 5' tall version. Now it seems like th 7-8' tall clone tents are sold by several vendors. I really like the 2' X 4' X 7' - 8' tent I have. My 5' tent will now be used for veg, and seed.

Who is the maker on that 2x4x7 - 8? Gorilla is always sold out.

Back
Top Bottom