First grow DIY set up

CXw3FY6.jpg
UmyBNNa.jpg
eqt9EeI.jpg
CXw3FY6.jpg

GcM1p6I.jpg

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the little meter. I got it at home depot for $7, three in one meter. Does PH, Light and moisture. Seems to work well for the light and moisture I'm not sure the PH. How could I test it. It says I'm sitting between 6-7. Sorry for bad quality phone died.

i had the same kinda meter when i first started . im my opinion the light meter was the only thing that kinda worked. the moisture part i couldn't trust cause u get to know the weight of the pot when its dry and the meter would still read almost wet!

So I checked the PH today and it was 7 or just above. I ended up putting some coffee grounds in the soil, try to provide some extra nitrogen and bring the PH down. Added two good sized table spoons to each and soaked them down. Checked PH again and in was 6.4-6.5 range. So I hope they turn around I'm only three weeks into flowering. I did a little defoliation, removed all yellow and yellowing leafs.
iSCnG39.jpg

i think she looks good..keep it up!!

Yeah they were pretty light and reading moist so I soaked them down really well. I don't understand it doesn't use batteries. So how does it work exactly? For the time of year I couldn't find a PH kit so I thought I would try that thing out.

Thanks a lot, I'm trying to practice a little bit of everything I'm reading and advice I'm given. I super surprised the pic from the samsung come out that well. You can zoom in and really see the trichomes.

i might be wrong but i think it measures the electrical property's in the soil.

check out the link in my signature and u can see this months contest, nug of the month ,plant of the month and member of the month ..

oh yea . u can ck flebay and they have a ph & ppm combo meter deal for 20 bucks free shipping..

you can check ph accuracy with some PH solution - :) - 7.0 usually......

you can check ph accuracy with some PH solution - :) - 7.0 usually......

So you're telling me I can check PH with some PH solution, I dont know! that just sounds crazy. LOL JK.
I run a 90 Gal planted fish tank. C02, Dry ferts, lots of test kits and solutions. The test kits for nitrates, PH, and lots of other things are for a liquid not a solid like soil. So I completely understand how that stuff works and how important it is. My plants and fish would die if it fluctuates to much.

Old Pic
esdbyEk.jpg

Sorry i thought you were asking how to test the accuracy of your ph monitor - i must have miss read - cool tank!

i have a tank also - i love it!
FISH_TANK.jpg

Sorry i thought you were asking how to test the accuracy of your ph monitor - i must have miss read - cool tank!

i have a tank also - i love it!
FISH_TANK.jpg
FISH_TANK.jpg

OK, cool I actually miss under stood what you were saying. Im going to test my tap water right now with the fish tank PH tester then with the meter tell the accuracy. Fantastic idea, I hadn't done this yet. Should have been first thing I did. I haven't run a salt water before but always wanted to. Im sure my water is 7.0 I used the meter today again and the soil was reading 7.0 so I need to find a way to keep the PH down. Like I said before I'm only three weeks into flowering and want the most out of these two plants. I really was just kidding before, didn't mean any disrespect.

Oh not a problem :) good idea if you know your fish tank ph monitor is calibrated. why not lol

SOOOO, I have a couple buckets of fish water that I keep when I do a water change for the house plants. I checked the PH with the tank PH tester (master test kit) 7.2 then the meter 5.8-6.0 weird. So then the tap water tank tester 7.5 and the meter 7.0 WTF. My fish tank isn't that high. I know I have extremely soft water too. So I guess my soil PH is higher by at least .5 so if its reading 7 then its closer to 7.5 so i really need to bring it down.

SOOOO, I have a couple buckets of fish water that I keep when I do a water change for the house plants. I checked the PH with the tank PH tester (master test kit) 7.2 then the meter 5.8-6.0 weird. So then the tap water tank tester 7.5 and the meter 7.0 WTF. My fish tank isn't that high. I know I have extremely soft water too. So I guess my soil PH is higher by at least .5 so if its reading 7 then its closer to 7.5 so i really need to bring it down.

sounds correct, should work for now - you may want to get some calibration solution and check both lol - i calibrate every 2 months with my ph probes for my computers.

HnpEDkD.jpg

of33Bb8.jpg

Getting big and frosty, I was misting them till i read low humidity for flowering. I have noticed a big increase in trichome sense i stopped. Should be getting my mylar in a couple days.

The hairs are turning red on this bud. Does it look natural or something I'm doing.
Z0EA3ta.jpg

This little bud has some frosty leaves.
1QWJ5BV.jpg

sFonjWS.jpg

looks fine to me :) - anyone else? - mine has done that also - i think as long as the fresh new growth on the top is ok your fine :) someone correct me if im wrong lol

man that plant looks great .. i think its normal for strains to have read hairs forwards the end of harvest . i agree that u should get some cheap 7.0 calibration fluid .. general hydro has a good size bottle for about 7$..

man that plant looks great .. i think its normal for strains to have read hairs forwards the end of harvest . i agree that u should get some cheap 7.0 calibration fluid .. general hydro has a good size bottle for about 7$..

Thanks, I think I'm just going to have to get a better ph tester as well as the calibration solution. I am waiting for my mylar to come in. So the mylar and a new Ph tester maybe a C02 tank for the next grow, instead of the DIY C02. I am also going to build a 6'x4'x44" room in my garage. No need to vent the smell :). Just need to pick up some 2x4's, plywood and a little insulation.

Back
Top Bottom