First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting etc)

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

It is starting to get very very bushy and how long do you think i should waiit to flower and can i flower with cfl?

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

can i use 13000 lumens to flower this one plant?

i would say so i think its 10,000 lumens per sqft if im not mistaken. if im wrong i hope someone corrects me lol

i think 13,000 will do it, but its a bit more complicated than that, 130,000 lumens of green light wont do anything, where as 1,000 lumens of the right spectrum will still produce some bud. search PAR watts for more info.

that being said, the more light you have that faster it will grow and the bigger it will bud. of course you will reach a point of diminishing returns w/o co2 injection and good nutes and water. my light puts out close to 100,000 lumens, and i haven't hit the point of dimishing returns yet. lol. but i inject co2.

l8t is right though, w/o co2 and all that good stuff 10,000/ft^2 is the general target number for optimal growth.

It's going to be a bushy "B" growing upside-down like that. I'd make sure to get 2700K CFLs to help it stretch (in your case I think a little stretch would be a GOOD thing).

Actually, if it were me - and it's NOT so as always, take my advice with a grain of salt - I might add a few flowering CFLs now and try to get the thing to grow out past the diameter of the pot slightly.

Then again, I can't remember the volume of your pot. You might be ahead to flower earlier if it's not going to be large enough to support the extra growth.

Still shaking off the affects of last night's meds. Oh...
l8tnightskunk said:
haha tortured soul i know what you mean sometimes im like that im like mann i really wanna help this person but im too stoned to think lol

I wish. No, these are prescription pills. BAD medicine.

truth be told this was all i could find on it ,other then on the box its says
heres some info on the light im using right now it claims it will flower them but i think its just a slower process with the cfl's,i know this bulb veg's the crap out em and im about to find out how it flowers them.
btw what a fricking lil bush u have there but by the look of it, it still wants to turn up

sorry i was'nt more help
btw i paid 63.00 for just the bulb total cost of the hood and bulb is about 120.00

125 W Compact Fluorescent Bulb - Warm
SKU: FLC125W
Weight: 1.8 lbs.
Suggested Retail: $59.95
Garden indoors year 'round. Grow flowers, herbs, and much more!
MORE PRODUCTIVITY: No heat means more light energy right next to your plants
HEALTHY GROWTH & FLOWERING: Full spectrum ensures proper development and maximum flowering

ha you should see it now this mother fucker is getting really really bushy the branches are like plants them selves, ill have a pic some time soon but i dropped my camera down my attic and now its a little messed up but its still good enough.:cool::rollit:

oh and yes the leaves do still wanna go up but this is the craqziest looking plant i have ever seen i cant wait to flower it! I know its gonna work!

thats the bulb on the way and it weighs 2 pounds it says on the fed ex trackin

10,500 lumens and a 6500K color temperature - that should be a nice vegging bulb for a CFL!

But...

I'm pretty sure that it requires a mogul type socket. IOW, it won't screw into a "regular" medium light socket.

But for $14.80... It's cheap enough to pick up a socket for it. (That's a great price - depending on the shipping cost of course.) I'd also rig up a reflector for it so that as much of the bulb's output as possible shines on your plant.

mogul type socket where do i get one

so its not going to work with my nromal socket

so i have no flower bublb anymore ima have to use these shitty ones util i can afford to get a new ballast and stuff but i still have time it will work out i hope

just get a grow light and place direclty under the plant so it doesnt turn for the light. as long as the light is directly under it it wont wast energy trying to get it. iv done it , no big deal
:roorrip:

so its not going to work with my nromal socket

No, you need a mogul socket. And I went back and took another look at the picture of the bulb and it doesn't look like it has an internal ballast either. That would explain why it was so cheap. I noticed on that page that it referenced three item numbers for the Lights of America fixtures that it is the replacement bulb for. Maybe you could do some searching on the net, find a place that sells them, and see if they will sell you a "replacement" ballast for it?

But it might be less of a hassle to just order the entire fixture - or to return the bulb.

So is my pant even going to live with that less of lumens and the same cfl flowering it a veg?

if not i guess ima have to get a good set up and have everything ready next time

Back
Top Bottom