First grow - Hello and help

Aiko1232

ok really enjoying my first grow - cleared out my small bedroom closet, got one seed, northern lights auto from royal grow, planted 11/28, out of grown 12/1, moved to a 4 gal smart pot, in fox farm ocean organic, following fox farm trio, started off light per all you growers, under VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower, ph w to about 6, light water to start, but been feeding every other day for last month or so, phw to 6 with nutes, and than ph w to about 6 with molasses .... plant seems healthy, i think a month to go, BUT some light green spots on main cola.... I see budding, which is nice, but don't want to f$%$%$% it up so late in the game - photos attached - peace
IMG_091352.JPG

View image in gallery

Welcome Aiko :welcome:

That does look like a deficiency of some sort. The fastest place for answers is here:

Frequently Asked Questions

Try to take a photo in normal light is best for diagnosis. Good luck.

Ian

PS The forum will be offline for much of today for an upgrade.

Hey Aiko! :welcome: to 420 Mag forum! It's still hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like it could be Phosphorus and or Potassium. Again hard to tell from the photos, but Calcium or Boron is your other candidate. Have you seen any signs of bugs? The spots on the leaves could be from bugs too, but it looks more like a nutrient problem. When you start getting multiple deficiencies, it usually means something is wrong in the realm of the Ph of the soil or the water. Certain nutrients can't be taken in by the plant if the soil Ph is too high or low. Keeping your water Ph correct helps make that happen more efficiently. After a few feedings, salts accumulate in your medium from you water and nutes. You must flush your medium. 3xwater for every part soil. 5 gallons of soil=10- 15 gallons of water. Check the PPMs or Ec of the runoff every couple of gallons or so. When the PPMs are the same out as they are in then you're done. You may not need the full 15 gallons, 10 might do it. Try to save as much water as you can. Our Californian growers are hurting for it. Here is a link to the site Plant and Pest Solver. Since you are in the room with them, you can look through these pics, see what you have and it tells you in there how to fix it. I hope that helps. Also, start a grow journal. You'll get more support that way. Go read journals and see what other dudes and gals go through. Learn through them, not on your garden. Too late! ME too though bro.
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Keep a dude posted!

Oh yeah! After you flush you need to feed her again. You just washed away all her food.

Ok so I just saw this, so after the flush, dried out and just water pH to 6.7 with molasses...so I just feed with the two FF nutes and very little cal mag, so soil was dry on top layer, but slightly moist an inch down... I though it was best to not wait and get it some nutes... See how it look in a few days... So how long do you think it will take to respond to feeding... After flushing getting new growth on top that looks healthy. Tx. Bill

Most things take a week to see. If they are drooping they are thirsty and you water them, they'll perk up in an hour or two usually. They heal split branches in about a week, sometimes two. They move slow, so should you. Don't be like my first grow and kill them with kindness. You're also going to want to Ph the water after you add everything in. CalMag first. Then I don't think it matters what goes in next. Concerning watering; you should let her get good and dry once. I mean real good and dry. It's not great on her, but she is a weed. Find out when she droops. Lift the pot and see how heavy it is. Commit that to muscle memory as fast as possible. When you water her again she'll recover after a couple hours. Get her nice and wet, 15% runoff and feel the pot then. Make sure to count the days. Next time, water her 1 day before the onset of the droopage. Wait until she is healthy to do this. It really isn't that bad on her, I did it to all the plants in my current grow twice when they were in 1 gallon pots, I just transplanted so I'll do it again, but you gain alot of knowledge about how your plant needs fed. 1 inch trick is dangerous because you have no idea how wet the bottom of your soil is. You are most likely going to drown your roots that way. That guideline is probably why over watering is one of the most common problems we see.

Oh yeah, burnt foliage won't go back. Leaves 50% or damage should be considered for ousting.

No sir but I’ve read nice things. Promix has been highly recommended to me a couple of times lately.

Ok second indoor grow underway... Like the first , one nl auto from seedman, in 3 lb of kind soil, with organic potting soil top layer in a 4 gallon smart pot, not filled to top... Same grow light as before... Temps holding at 75 to 79 f during day, 65 to 69 f at night... Humidity 30 to 40per.. seedlings look good, lesson from last grow... Take it easy on water and no nutes for this, since this is a super mix for soil... Hoping for better results. . On first grow buds curing for close to month. . still no great smell..., But the clorofill smell much less...

Back
Top Bottom