First grow - Help please - 6 week of flowering - Nitrogen toxicity - Help - Thx

drgreenthumb4

i think i have nitrogen toxicity again, i had it when they were just starting flowering, i flushed them, new growth stopped clawing, and they went into there stretch. one of them litterly went from not even quite a foot to 3 feet....anyhow it appears the stretch has stopped, and my two lovely ladies started mainly focusing on bud production or so it appears...I fed them two days ago, I am using fox farms tiger bloow and big bloom. alternating, but i only give them maybe a half gallon (3 gallon pots...) each of water with the water only having a third of the recomened doesage....i correct the ph to about 6.5-7....I started with scotts hyponex....biggest mistake ive maid during all this, never ever again. i will alway buy good dirt from now own....or make my own....but i digress, i took clones but i waited to late, so far i only have had one root, i have one more that looks as though it might, anyways they both have signs of nitrogen toxcity, the tall one seems to have it worse, the buds look like they r forming up nicely i think, i dont have much to compare them to bc of my lack of experience...please tell me what i should do, i dont want lower my potency, i have really put a lot of time and effort and i want to do the best i can with these my first two ladies.....should i flush them and if so how often.....should i wait till they are dry or should i do it now? please help, i know i am probably overreacting but idk can i be to carefull. i do know and understand how greatly important preventitive maintance is, and catching things early is my best bet at fixing it, if it can be fixed...please help...thank you for ur time and advise
2015-05-16_11_24_40.jpg

Re: first grow need help please, 6 week of flowering ,nitrogen toxicity PLEASE HELP ,

If you just flushed them, I would just back off on the nutrient solution being given, cut the Fox Farms nutrients by 1/2. They will still grow great buds, and the potency is genetic to the strain & proper cure. :peace:

Re: first grow need help please, 6 week of flowering ,nitrogen toxicity PLEASE HELP ,

these are closer pics of my buds...i am wanting to know do they look right/up to par for a first time grower for the begining of 6th week of flower?

so your recomending that i flush them, should i do it now or wait till they actually need water?i am already using a third of the recomended amount, (so cut that n half?)i wish so badly i could take them out of the dirt they r n and put them in some fox farms ocean forrest i have for the next gen....

i wish i had done so many things different, first and foremost being the dirt i used

then i would have put them in there final pot before switching to flower and i would i have out them in a larger final container, 3 gallons is gone have to be ok for these two , but in the future i will always flower with five gallon pots or bigger

It sounds like the Scot's soil pretty much has it's own ferts/nutrients in it already, so I would just use 6.5pH water to feed them, since you just flushed, I would give her a few days to dry out, and then just use 6.5pH water....no fox farms nutrients, since the Scot's seems very very fertilizer enhanced.

Is this an Auto or Photo?

Six weeks into flower, they are a little small for a Photo plant....if she is a Auto, she is a little behind but not too bad at all...you'll be alright, and take the knowledge you have learned and apply it to next time for a better grow. :peace:

I have not flushed them yet, i need to know should i?

I would flush again and give them no more nutes for the next few waterings. Are you checking runoff pH? 6.5-7 is pretty high in soil. I would flush with plain water pH around 5.8-6.2 and check runoff. For 6 weeks into flowering, they do appear pretty small. What strain?use this grow as a learning experience. You always learn the most your first time. Don't beat yourself up about it. I also use fox farms, but NEVER in "recommended" amounts and never every time I water. It sets up nute lockout which is a PITA to correct. The leaves don't look too bad, actually, but at first sign of trouble: Flush & then leave them alone.

thanks....i had a nitrogen toxicity problem in the beginning of flowering, what i think happened is bc i didnt know any better i didnt transplant them to final pot prior to 12/12, did it the same week i switched em, and i guess from adding more of the shitty soal (at the time i didnt know how shitty)and it having to much nitrogen it gave them nitrogen toxicity so i flushed them and left them be and after a week or so they bounced back and have been good up until now, i mean i say good, that damn soil is shit, if i had any clue it had slow release food in it i would have never, but the guy at my local hydro store said even if thats the case with my soil that they should be old enough now that the soul should start to just be a medium rather than a food source, so idk.....really they may be more like 5th week flower bc they were not showing preflowers at all and i did put them a good bit of extra stress right when i switched the clock its likely they realy didnt focus on the time changing until they got better and that would have ment they got set back a week....i dont know how much they will yield, i hope a couple of ounces between the two....id be happy with that, especially if its good smoke....its bag seed, it came from some really good mids, and in my own humble opinion based purely on my own logic so i could be wroung easily, but good mids would have been good pot had the grower just took the time to grow it right.....had it not gotten pollinated the buds would have focused more on thc production instead of making seads.....like i said thats a theory....have no facts to prove that...but have seen first hand some super great smoke come from regrlar old bag seeds

out of curiosity if i hadnt had told u what week of flower i was in what would u have guessed?

if thy r behind, will they just take longer to finish flowering? or am i just set to have pretty low yield? thx for the help

flushing heals all wounds, but 6th week in flowering? are you sure?

i must have been off ond my timeline. should have wrote it dowbn, at this point they r looking great, i have been fox farms tiger bloom and fox farms beastie bloomz, and it really has fattened up, ive still got at least a couple weeks, this strain apparently has a longer flowering , i fubared my two girls bad when i switch there time, i transplanted them 3 days after switch with this extremlu nitrogen rich soil, big mistake, i know buying good dirt isnt cheap, but it is well worth it, my second group, silll have to be sexed, but they have the fatest leaves ive ever seen on a mj plant, plus i have one clone of my best of the two finishing there flowering, and three more ,mostly of my shorter one, she has had a rough life, b ut is mutch more manageable and takes nutes easier than her higher producing sister, ether way i have clones, and intend to make the one clone i have already nice n rooted n a 3 gallon pot , and has reverted back and putin put nice new growth, my other clones have roots arnt as far along as my one in the 3 gallon pot, i took two three weeks apart.....so i have my clones but i have five im sitching to five gallon pots, which i hate to not knowihng there sex and after a day or two of me switching them to there finl home im switching the light on em, bc they r already easily twice as big as the round before was at that age, and if i dont switch soon they will be to big for my space, so...i just hate knowingi could be throwing a shit load of dirt away, bc at least half are likely to be male, so thats is in theory 2-3 5 gallon pots of expesive dirt gone...so idk what to do.....

deff right after looking at those pics i posted i defff had to have been off on y time, bc now there loopkin sweet, buds r swelling up nice, i didnt think they would get as big as they r. not bad for my first tie considering i broke almost everly cardinal rule, dumb luck i guess...that and me caring enough to learn how not to repeat my mistakes, and how to fix the problems that arise, bc they do as im sure anyone reading this w
ould know

2015-06-01_10_46_45.jpg
2015-06-01_10_46_27.jpg
2015-06-01_10_45_49.jpg
2015-06-01_10_45_22_HDR.jpg
2015-06-01_10_45_21.jpg
2015-06-01_10_44_02.jpg

2015-06-01_10_44_02_HDR.jpg

this is current , in my opinion, probably bias, but yall rnt so please tell me what u think, what week, you personally would say they r n? i have a jelwers loop and a very small percentage of my trichs have turned amber
....also how should i best dry it n cure it ,in a manner that allows me some smoke soon,at the same time i want to cure the hell out of my main cola buds

camera has lower resolution, so the pics rnt the greatest, but they r good enough for the point to be maid and for some opinions to be gathered

Back
Top Bottom