looking very nice indeed, considering your light,, i would leave the plants alone for now,, they are quite far along the journey,, no point messing with them now,, as for the light,, the plants are already flowering,, so,, the light must be working,, not the best by a mile,, but working,, so,, unless you wish to major upgrade,, i would leave it,, what matters here is the 'colour' of the light,, a bit of research will fill in the details,, cheers for now corey,,:Namaste:

Right on man, your doing just great!:thumb: A little research and you ll have this Growing Game down, it's the small things that ll got ya though... Do you have drainage in that pale? Like Nivek said, you want to water and get runoff, like 10 percent or more of what you added. It's super handy for testing as well, too see what's still in the soil for nuits and ph. If you wanna see what's still kinda left in your soil for nutrients, get a EC tester and compare it against the runoff minus what's already in your water. My water sits at 400ppm, that's all the stuff in the water before adding nuits. I ll test this when I go to water(just water no nuits) and see what the plants used up compaired to what I gave it. So when I mix my nuits the water is 400 ppm, what I add is 1800-2200, for a total of 2200 - 2600. You could probably run a 1/4 strength feeding every other watering, just see how the plant reacts, then just boost it as you go.
As for the light, yea there is a preferred spectrum for flowering, it s the yellowy orange light designed to mimick the natural fall light. Some guys mix the two spectrums together in flower as well.... You could supplement with CFL s of the spectrum as an easy fix, more light the better as well!:cheer:
I m just terrible at this Advice thing, man I ramble on hey! Sorry, your on your way buddy you just need a little exp and research and you ll be growing monsters! :thumb: As Good luck!!

Oh and don't mess with an auto in regards to training it unless your a seasoned grower of autos. They can be stunted quite easily and everytime you stunt it it slows down production pushing back your harvest date.... You might as well just run a fem if your gonna train her.... Unless your a pro. There are guys on here that own the shit out of autos and creat massive beasts but you gotta know what your doing.!:420:

Thanks ,

As you can see I'm on day 40 and I'm running my light 24/0. I'm now in my flowering stage and was wondering do I need to change my light . 250w florescent . Also do I need to lollipop her because she isn't getting enough lights to the bottom buds.

Darn I wish I could post links,, i will figure it out one day,,,:Namaste:

In the mean time, Corey,, the growers lounge has every single bit of information you seek, a bit of research on your part and you will find the answers,, you must put the time in at the beginning in order to be successful,, the questions you ask are as basic as it comes,, easily find the answers you will, iffin ye seek:Namaste:

Cheers pal

IMG_086532.JPG
IMG_086233.JPG
IMG_085940.JPG
IMG_086428.JPG
IMG_086136.JPG
IMG_086033.JPG
IMG_085829.JPG

DAY 50

Its been 50 days for my girl and for my first plant I think she is growing well . I want to thank everyone for the great advice, suggestions and well wishes so far. Now im at 50 im getting scared as to when to harvest her. the seed company said 7 to 9 weeks which would mean 63 days. These are NL Autos and hear that 70 days should be the max. Does anyone know the correct time to harvest.

Hey hey, lookn good man, well done!!:thumb:You should go by the development of Amber trichomes when looking for proper harvest time, some strains are the exception, but for the most part people shoot for around 20 percent Amber. Get yourself a Jewellers microscope ( 60-100 times zoom is enough) or you can download an app for your phone that works pretty good too!:thumb: Just make sure your under good clean light when you look at em, it makes it easier too see the Amber. This is a time where you can customize your weed a bit too, the more Amber the more "couch lock" you get over say a more energetic high. The longer you leave it the more Amber you will get. So just watch it carefully and remember the top of the plant may mature faster then the bottom so a two part harvest may be required, just keep watching, it's a quite interesting aspect of the whole process! Do you have a plan for curing? It's a very important step as well! I rushed my last cure and stifled the potency a bit and dried it too fast.... Still great smoke!:volcano-smiley::Namaste:

Oh btw, my advise on the auto s may have been a little misleading, I ve talked too guys who grow em and beat the piss out of em and they just love it! You should check out Light Addict s journals on autos, he kinda wrote the book on the process and grows some monsters!

That plant looks wonderful Corey,, :goodjob:

The days till harvest given by the seed seller, nine weeks, is a guideline, under ideal conditions,, it is by no means accurate under all conditions,, nine weeks sounds early to me,,,

That plant looks like it has a ways to go still,, the trichomes are the key,, cloudy, rather than clear,, patience will reward you my friend,, cheers

IMG_089635.JPG
IMG_088928.JPG
IMG_089021.JPG
IMG_089328.JPG
IMG_088827.JPG
IMG_089430.JPG

Hey Guys . Im on day 56 of my Northern Lights Auto. I must say for my first grow I think im doing ok. I was able to check my Trichomes and there still clear white so im sure its not ready yet. But as the days come closer to harverst im getting a bit nerves. Nirvana said ( weeks which mean 63 days but im going to harvest on day 70.
Advice and suggestion are always welcome.

Lookin just fine indeed,, but i dont know how the dirt stays in those pots,, great job however you do it,,:thumb:

As for harvest,, you are not the decider of when that plant is ready,, the plant is,, you can pick on day 70 but the plant might not be ready,, if you are not even seeing cloudy yet,, there is a long way to go,, seed sellers timelines are under ideal conditions, and an average,, so if you want the best from that plant,, you must wait,, when you see an amber,, then you start to get excited,, my opinion only of course,,:Namaste:

Cheers pal,,

image64581.jpeg
IMG_090223.JPG
IMG_090838.JPG
IMG_090728.JPG
IMG_090133.JPG

Morning guys,
I hope everyone is doing great this week. I have uploaded my NL Autos at 9 weeks. Again I think im doing a great job granted being my first grow I don't know what a great job is.....lol. I do seem to see some of my fan leaves turning yellow and im not sure the cause. Im not using any nutes and only beeem feeding her with a bit of mallasses for about 3 weeks now. Can some tell me if this is normal due the life cycle of the plant or do I need to add some nute to her.

image64581.jpeg
IMG_090223.JPG
IMG_090838.JPG
IMG_090728.JPG
IMG_090133.JPG

Morning guys,
I hope everyone is doing great this week. I have uploaded my NL Autos at 9 weeks. Again I think im doing a great job granted being my first grow I don't know what a great job is.....lol. I do seem to see some of my fan leaves turning yellow and im not sure the cause. Im not using any nutes and only beeem feeding her with a bit of mallasses for about 3 weeks now. Can some tell me if this is normal due the life cycle of the plant or do I need to add some nute to her.
Hey Coreydman hope the day is going well. BudBadger here new member new grower. Was cruising through your journal and great job bud plants look tasty. As for the yellowing of the leaves, from what I gather I believe that means she's telling you she's almost done and ready. I'll keep poking in to see your harvest, aw man I bet your excited!!!

Dude looken goood!:thumb:wow, I blown away with your progress and not using any nutrients:bravo::high-five: Just keep looking for about 20 percent Amber and she should be good to chop. Awesome job!
Ohh btw, if your using your phone to take the pics try turning your phone sideways with volume buttons down to take the pics, they ll show up on here straight. Peace.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom