First grow need some help

Mongbrain0406

Hello so this is my first grow and i wanted some advise ive got some gorilla glue #4 seeds and some gold leaf from 420 but have some bag seeds growing atm under a 150 w cfl since this is my first grow i wanted to try get some plants growing good before i use my good seeds so i have coco peat and perlite for soil my main question is nutes i have coco ag grow - grow part a and b when should i first start giving them nutes and at what strength as im really confused with this .. i also have a 600 w hps is it okay to veg under a 150w cfl then flower under a 600w hps? And also whats the cheapest ventilation system i can get to run the 600w hps

:welcome: to the forum...

The seeds have enough nutrients packed into them to grow the first set of true leaves. When they appear it's time to start feeding. Some folks start earlier to get ahead of the game. Why not start a grow journal here. That allows us to help you better should a problem arise.

With coco, peat, and perlite in the mix I think you need to treat watering the same way as a soil grower does. Emilya's paper, 'The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' is considered a must read for soil growers.

Hello so this is my first grow and i wanted some advise ive got some gorilla glue #4 seeds and some gold leaf from 420 but have some bag seeds growing atm under a 150 w cfl since this is my first grow i wanted to try get some plants growing good before i use my good seeds so i have coco peat and perlite for soil my main question is nutes i have coco ag grow - grow part a and b when should i first start giving them nutes and at what strength as im really confused with this .. i also have a 600 w hps is it okay to veg under a 150w cfl then flower under a 600w hps? And also whats the cheapest ventilation system i can get to run the 600w hps
I grow my first grow with a 150wcfl then used 600w hps in flower in 4×4tent it work fine for me I used a 4" exhaust for mine worked good but if you plan on doing more room you might want to buy a good 6" you can get one on Amazon for about $60 that what I got running 3 rooms

I grow my first grow with a 150wcfl then used 600w hps in flower in 4×4tent it work fine for me I used a 4" exhaust for mine worked good but if you plan on doing more room you might want to buy a good 6" you can get one on Amazon for about $60 that what I got running 3 rooms
Okay cool can I ask what was the yeild like?

:welcome: to the forum...

The seeds have enough nutrients packed into them to grow the first set of true leaves. When they appear it's time to start feeding. Some folks start earlier to get ahead of the game. Why not start a grow journal here. That allows us to help you better should a problem arise.

With coco, peat, and perlite in the mix I think you need to treat watering the same way as a soil grower does. Emilya's paper, 'The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' is considered a must read for soil growers.
By true set of leaves do you mean the very first two leaves that appear

By true set of leaves do you mean the very first two leaves that appear

Yes, not the cotyledons which break the surface of the soil, but the set of leaves the plant grows right after them.

Okay thanks so I did this and last time I used these I’m pre sure I gave my plant/ seedling nute burn and it started dying either that or it was the poorly airaited soil it was in and it just didn’t make it. So now I’ve got a good mix of coco and perlite I heard with coco you have to feed the plant straight away but was abit weird my of mixing it too strong and also how often to warmer with nutes like once a week or every time I water make sure it’s got nutes in there ?? The ratio says a quarter strength 2:5 ml of part a and 2.5 ml of part per litre I mixed 1ml of each into two litres and have feed them twice with it I’ll attach a picture of the nutes I’m using thanks heaps for the advise

Ag grow and a pic of the 7 day old seedling
A7C3896D-2767-4B51-9AF0-A300E06D5CC5.jpeg
C84CCDDD-FFCB-4B20-8FE3-AE61309D1D7F.png

I fed General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements at 25% of the strength recommended for seedlings. I am not famiiar with AG-Grow products. If they have a recomendation for seedlings, I'd start with 25% of that and see how the plants react.

I fed General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements at 25% of the strength recommended for seedlings. I am not famiiar with AG-Grow products. If they have a recomendation for seedlings, I'd start with 25% of that and see how the plants react.
Muchly appreciated mate and so do I always water the seedlings with this or do I give it breaks of just water ?

I'm not sure how to treat it. You may be able to use a drain to waste grow method. For that every watering is feeding time. I don't have peat in my mix, so take that with a grain of salt until someone else chimes in.

I'm not sure how to treat it. You may be able to use a drain to waste grow method. For that every watering is feeding time. I don't have peat in my mix, so take that with a grain of salt until someone else chimes in.
hey do you think this plant looks okay for 2 weeks old or do you think it’s abit small
F9804F39-0EA3-4BF9-99C9-3DD94CE36F5F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom