First grow: OG kush (the begining)

say hundred on the packaging... and it was bigger than the average sized ones... gotta get a lot more light though?

i could use the less expensive 20 watt ones? that come in like.. 6 packs? and use like.. 5-6 of them?

thank jesus for thrift stores and half off sales at target.

got 4 more "100 watt" cfl's

so now i have 5, 26 watt cfl's.

11grow.JPG

2 are daylight with 1600 lumes
2 are cool white with 1700 lumes
1 is soft white 1775 lumes (or something cant remember the package)

pulled the sockets from an old lamp and used the pole to hold up the lights as well.

13grow.JPG

still think i should enclose the area, but idk

12grow.JPG

what you think?

Now your getting there...the plant was awfully leggy from a lack of light but it should stabilize a bit now. +rep for the do it yourself rig!

:thanks:

woulda made it outta k'nex, but i thought that was a lil too family oriented.

i found a security blanket... i read that you can use it to line the inside of a box?

could i drape it around like a tent? would it help with light and humidity?

:thanks:

woulda made it outta k'nex, but i thought that was a lil too family oriented.

i found a security blanket... i read that you can use it to line the inside of a box?

could i drape it around like a tent? would it help with light and humidity?

I've never really heard of using a security blanket to line a box, but I haven't learned everything yet...If it were my space, since it isn't enclosed, I would consider jury rigging a tent from mylar to make more efficient use of your light. Shouldn't cost to much for a roll of mylar and a few 2x2 to frame a box. The nice thing about flouros, as opposed to HID lighting, is you don't have near the temp concerns, so unless your space is running warm, I would just enclose it with mylar, and put a very small fan in there to keep the air moving.

yeah... go get a small 99 cent store fan or something to improve air...

im setting up a shade to enclose the area made from strips of the blanket to reduce the chance of hot spots and add just a bit more light.... then i can see if it helps in the next few days...

there are already a lot of new leaves coming in at the nodes it seems... i should keep better track with photos

Photos make all the difference...some of the people here are like mystics, with their ability to accurately diagnose a problem by seeing a pic.

14grow.JPG

there are many new leafs coming in but idk what caused the whilting in the larger leaves...

15grow.JPG

also on the top the leaves dried out because they were accidently touching the bulb, the the other on the top is bent in awkward directions and has small holes that look like lil slits... but i havent seen any bugs and thats the only leave that has it.

Can advise to either start another plant. So if this one goes male, you have a back up.
More light is required to grow this one better. It is too stretched out between nodes.
Taking a cutting of an unsexed plant is not advised in this case.
Cut light back 12/12 this will induce flowering or at least getting it sexed.

do cuttings keep the sex of the mother plant?
cause i got the clone at a dispensary...

also what is lst?

ok... well since im less sure about cloning than i am about tying down my plant... im lsting the plant.

thanks hazeseeker for the diagram it helped alot..

but i hope i didnt hurt the plant, cause while bending there was no snap, but a portion looks pinched but look normal when elongated...
i hope it wont cause any trouble...

Back
Top Bottom