First Grow! On A Budget!

420Farmer

This is my first grow ever! Very excited! Im on a tight budget after recently purchasing a house, so i got a bit creative. The plant I currently have im not sure how old she is. Got her when she was nearly dead. Ive been working to get her back in shape and so far, so good.

Medium - Coco Coir

Temp: 70-75 F

Lights - 150w HPS

Nutrients - Fox Farm Big Bloom

Strain(s) - 1 Unknown, G13 Northern Lights x Skunk, G13 Sour Candy, CH9 Critical Mass

# of Plants: 4

Just planted NL, SC, and CM. The unknown I got nearly dead and am working to get it back on track. Yes, Im using a cardboard box for now. Saving up for a nice sized tent. :cheesygrinsmiley: ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED:thanks:!

11427.JPG

21008.JPG

4625.JPG

5475.JPG

3898.JPG

6406.JPG

Looks like it will work, good luck

could be a week or longer,

Ok its been 3 days. The Northern Lights and Sour Candy both sprouted today while i was at work. Quick little buggers. Still waiting on the Critical Mass.

@TaylorMade420... The plant I have now is about 16 inches tall and has visible pistols. I didnt want to flower her already but it just kinda happened. Like i said, shes been through a TON of shock, so Im just glad shes growing still lol. I have no clue what type of yield, if any, Ill get from her, this being my first time.
As for the 3 that i started this week? Yes most likely Ill have my tent way prior to that. Honestly the box isnt too bad lol just doesnt prevent smell and difficult to mount things onto it. (As you can see with my custom rigged fan setup haha) :laugh:

Sprouts are under a CFL about 6 inches away. Will slowly move closer as they grow. Also, should I put them under my 150 HPS soon? or is CFL a better light for sprouts? They would be about 1 1/2 to 2 feet from the HPS if I put them into the box with the other. (I didnt mention this, but I have another 150 HPS too just havent implemented it yet)

what light schedule are you using? the plant with pre flowers can be kept in veg for a while, its just saying to you its ready when you are.

have you thought about training the big plant to keep it lower n let it bush up a bit?

:Namaste:

low stress training, basically tying the plant down so it doesnt grow as tall, im not sure how much you will get form the one plant, im still on my first grow aswell, have you checked your box for light leaks during dark time? might stress the plant or cause it to go hermie

:Namaste:

A VERY small amount of light can get through. I cant really see the plant its that dark. I was told a "moon light" amount of light is fine.

would be best that NO light gets in. IMHO:thumb:

Welcome to 420's growing membership, 420farmer. I like DIY, and you will do just fine.
I've a fair bit of experience, growing in tents & wardrobes. Read Gator's Cage when you find time. For now, fugedabout lights out. 24 hr veg cycle is what you want to do, and with all the light you can muster; up close & personal. Shine it on. That scraggly-ass little plant ain't worth the space she takes to flower right now, but she can be useful if bigger & healthy from 24 hr light. You can bend her right over and make a hoop, and be pleased with the results, but you are a ways from worries. Those hairs are normal on many strains, while vegging.
You should put the seedlings on a stand or box, to get them close to your little 150 HPS :peace:

NVM! I found some more convincing info! 24/0 it is! Pics of seedlings day 2 comin up!:bravo:

24/0 is best. -Ed Rosenthal
This is a direct quote from Ed Rosenthal whom most of you know is a marijuana growing guru:
----------------------------------------------
marijuana plants photosynthesize as long as they receive light as well as water, air, nutrients and suitable temperature. Photosynthesis is the process in which plants use the energy from light (primarily in the blue and red spectrum's) to combine carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air and water (H2O) to make sugar while releasing oxygen to the air.
Plants use sugars continuously to fuel metabolic processes (living) as well as for tissue building. The plant combines nitrogen (N) with the sugar to make amino acids, the building blocks of proteins. They are the substance of plant tissue. When the light is off, the plant's metabolic processes, respiration and growth, continue.
The plant can photosynthesize continuously so it produces the most energy and growth when the light is on, continuously. Continuous light does not stress the plant, which reacts somewhat mechanistically to it.
Plants under an 18-6 light-dark regimen are producing sugar only three quarters of the time. They are thus growing at only 75% of their potential. Leaving the light on continuously will result in bigger plants, faster, which leads to higher yields."
-------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first grow ever! Very excited! Im on a tight budget after recently purchasing a house, so i got a bit creative. The plant I currently have im not sure how old she is. Got her when she was nearly dead. Ive been working to get her back in shape and so far, so good.

Medium - Coco Coir

Temp: 70-75 F

Lights - 150w HPS

Nutrients - Fox Farm Big Bloom

Strain(s) - 1 Unknown, G13 Northern Lights x Skunk, G13 Sour Candy, CH9 Critical Mass

# of Plants: 4

Just planted NL, SC, and CM. The unknown I got nearly dead and am working to get it back on track. Yes, Im using a cardboard box for now. Saving up for a nice sized tent. :cheesygrinsmiley: ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED:thanks:!

11427.JPG

21008.JPG

4625.JPG

5475.JPG

3898.JPG

6406.JPG

Congrats on the new pad,grow,:thumb: and on joining :420: :welcome:

I see on the 3rd,4th and 5th picture that you have a purple tint on some of the plant, I don't know much about growing in Coco, but Mr. Propa does..well it looks like you may be having a ph issue to me, maybe a lock out of a Micro or a deficiency..
I use the FF line myself and use the Trio pack with the Soluble set too (for flower) which you may not need for a while.

I would also advice on some aluminum foil around your transperant pots for the seedlings, they roots will thank you for it later. Hope you have a great time growing and learning as you go. I know I have and I'm still learning after a couple grows.

Take care and :peace:

Back
Top Bottom