Budget CFL - Bagseed - LST - FIM

uzi96

Hey guys im a new member here but ive been on here reading for the past few months and have learned tremendous things. I took Horticulture all 4 years of high school so i knew a fair amount about plants in general when i first started growing.
I have a couple SMALL harvests under my belt. At first it was a very low budget, just one 14w floro thats a "grow light". And got a total of around 1/4oz. fully dry.
Then i did a bunch of reading and started this little puppy.

My whole thing was to be on a budget, so far im at about $50 since starting not including some of the stuff i already had( lamps, container). :thumb:

Strain : unknown, bagseed
Soil: Walmart special, with some perlite.
Germ. Method: paper towel
Water: tap water let sit overnight
Nutes: Shultz 10-15-10 all purpose plant food for veg
Miracle Gro Cactus food, 2-7-7 for Flower
( i know MG isnt the best but it seems to be doin its job along with the shultz)
Container: solo cup--> cutoff protein container(about 1 gal.)
Lights: 2 26w cfl, 1 13w cfl all 2700k (about 4300 lumens)
24/0 for veg (4 hours per day it got direct sunlight during veg).
12/12 for flower.
Space: small maybe 2x2 in rubbermaid container. now at about 1x1

Now a preview of up until about 3/30(sorry no pics)

-Planted Sprouts in soil on 2/10/12, watered with tap water about every 5 days.
- started lst'ing around week 2, nutes at week 3 along with first topping,
lst'ed in spiral around container.
- topped again around week 6,
- flipped to 12/12 around 4/1

-Photo taken 3/30:
Rubbermaid container with the 2 26w
120330_0000.jpg

Then a side pic.
120330_0002.jpg

-Added the 13w light on the 10th.
Preflowers on 4/10
Pics 4/11

4-111.jpg

4/12
4-121.jpg

4/15
added white plastic bag on three sides plants for reflecting and seemed to work pretty good.
4-15.jpg

4/16
-this is where im at now.
- end of week 1 flower.
-moved it out of the box and onto the carpet in the corner(matte white walls).
-decided to tie down two top colas to get all the little buds to grow.

120416_0000.jpg

120416_0001.jpg

-now she smells up my whole room. added a little plug in air purifier(ozone generator) tonight and seems to be working.
-looks like im gonna do a flush next feeding got some nute burn goin on.

let me know what you guys think!!!

Re: Budget CFL, bagseed, LST, FIM

You should really use bigger pots. MG can work very well if used in very small amounts. less is more. Never use MG time release ferts, they call it shake n feed, only use the liquid or powder ones. I like 1 teaspoon of powder orchid food for every 3 gallons of water for veg & 1 teaspoon of bloom boost per 2 gallons for flower. When i do this i feed my plants about every 2 weeks or so. Now most people will say that you don't want all that nitrogen during flower but i find i get higher yields if i use it for the first half or so of flowering. Allot of people will tell you not to use MG at all but i used nothing but for years & grew allot of great stuff however while you can grow with MG there are much better ones. If you don't have a hydro store near by try a plant nursery, that's how i get my fox farm nutes. Also if you want better lighting cheap you can wire a regular t8 shoplight to run at a higher wattage & it will actually put out more light than a t5. take a look at this.How To Build A Super Charged Fluorescent Grow Light By Overdriving - YouTube

Re: Budget CFL, bagseed, LST, FIM

-thanks for the advice. but for now im trying to keep it small, stealth and easily movable so ill stick with the cfls for now.
-im using all liquid nutes so im good there.
-but i do have some orchid food i forget what the NPK was but i think its about a 5-6-5 so maybe ill use that next watering.
-next grow wont start til august so i appreciate the advice on fox farms since i think ill be able to splurge a little on some real nutes .

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom