InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet cfl's

Re: InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet c

How are the plants going to fit in the flower shelf? It just seems like they'll be hitting the ceiling.
Edit: Also your ventilation is going to have to be grade A to keep 4 separate area's at the same temp. I can't wait to see this thing completed.
Edit: I drew this up, I'm just trying to think of ways to vent the hot air. I think the advantage of this method would be that you only need 1 fan sucking air out. Though you would need a good fan to get the amount of circulation you need.
Edit: Never mind I just looked at your closet space again. So all 4 spaces are going to be vented from the bottom to the top of the closet? I just see there being a heat issue as the heat rises. The top shelf would be getting air that has already been through 3 light fixtures.
diagram2.jpg

Re: InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet c

^ yea those babies are going to double to tripple in size during flowering, are u growing AF strains?

^ sounds like an awesome plan. But why don't u try growing bigger plants which would give you a bigger yield, and the excess that your not smoking in during that time can be cured in some glass jars to give u some primo tasting smoke? sorry just my two cents lol :ganjamon:

I agree with you... The short answer is, I simply don't have the space to grow larger plants, or I would. ;) The second reason is, so I don't have to try to ration a large amount over a long period of time. When I try to do this I tend to run out early. With this plan, I'm thinking that even if I'm running low at the end of any given week, I'll always have a another ounce or so about to be ready to smoke. The third reason is, just in case something happens to one of my plants. If I were to grow 2 or 3 large plants in the same space and one were to get sick or get pest or something I would potentially be losing 1/3 to 1/2 of my entire 3-4 month harvest. With this method, if something happens to one of the plants, I would only lose a very small amount of the harvest. :grinjoint:

If you do some badass LST , you could do just fine with that space...
I second that motion. You could reduce your closet to 3 spaces. 2 big ones for veg and flower and 1 small space for germ. Have a big crop coming in every 2 months

... I just looked at your closet space again. So all 4 spaces are going to be vented from the bottom to the top of the closet? I just see there being a heat issue as the heat rises. The top shelf would be getting air that has already been through 3 light fixtures.

Yes, there is an intake vent on the opposite side of the closet floor (not visible in the photos). This is what I'm thinking... The air coming into the intake will be from another room in the house where it is a constant 75-76 degrees. There is a gap between the back wall and the shelves to allow for some air flow. There will be a duct running from the bottom flowering room, past the seedling/clone room, to the first flowering room. There will be a fan at the end of this duct pulling air from the veg room, which will the travel up to the exit fan that vents into the attic. This room will be sealed air-tight with calk and the door will have a seal on it like a refrigerator. I'm hoping that, once everything is in place, there will be a little negative air pressure in the cabinet. You may be right about the temps going up, but hopefully it's not a problem. If it turns out to be, I'll probably start by adding a larger outtake fan and adding a small intake fan to the bottom intake vent... This is my first real grow room build, so keep your fingers crossed! :grinjoint:

Oh ok so you'll be spreading out the intake air throughout so that each chamber will have 75 degree air coming in. I think you'll be fine, just be sure to do some temp testing before you put your plants lives at risk lol.

You think you are going to get 3/4-1oz a smoke a week??? What are the dimensions on your cabinet areas? Also I noticed you only plan for 6-8 weeks for flowering that is 42-56 days and you are using bag seed which you have no idea how long they take to flower.. Or are you just planning on pulling them whether they are done or not? Seems like you are going to have to many plants in there which will ultimately hurt your yield.. You are going to have your hands full, but good luck to ya.... It will be interesting to watch... :peace:

^ yea those babies are going to double to tripple in size during flowering, are u growing AF strains?

I don't know if they are AF or not. This one adult female started to flower by itself without me giving it a week of steady 12/12, but it was getting erratic light cycles because I was moving it and out of the house at irregular intervals.

Some folks here seem to think it's just pre-flowers, but it sure looks like the first stages of full-fledged flower production to me. So it may be AF, or just a really photosensitive strain, or may be flowering because of stress (?)...

This other strain I'll be growing is for sure not an AF, I'll flower them when they're small, 10"-12" and will be using LST for all the plants to make sure they fit into the grow space and produce more buds. :smokin:

If you do some badass LST , you could do just fine with that space...

That's the plan... ;)

I second that motion. You could reduce your closet to 3 spaces. 2 big ones for veg and flower and 1 small space for germ. Have a big crop coming in every 2 months

See my reply in post #23. =)

For sure , Can you add more pics ... Im really interested now .
Or im really high now?
:rollit::peace:

lol, yeah more pics to come... i'll be working on the grow coset today and will post pics of my progress tonight. Thanks for following! :grinjoint:
:passitleft:

You think you are going to get 3/4-1oz a smoke a week??? What are the dimensions on your cabinet areas? Also I noticed you only plan for 6-8 weeks for flowering that is 42-56 days and you are using bag seed which you have no idea how long they take to flower.. Or are you just planning on pulling them whether they are done or not? Seems like you are going to have to many plants in there which will ultimately hurt your yield.. You are going to have your hands full, but good luck to ya.... It will be interesting to watch... :peace:

That's what I'm shooting for... dimensions are 8' H x 15" W x 12" D. Well, I have another strain that I know for sure flowers in 7-8 weeks, but I only have a few seeds and need to grow a seed crop (in a separate room). I have several dozen of these bagseeds so I am using them to test the idea. If they don't finish fast enough I'll probably keep some of the plants on the lower veg shelves in veg a week or two longer while the flowering plants finish, or just kill one of the plant in veg to allow an extra week for the flowering plants at the top. It is going to be a tight fit, but I've seen some grows in small spaces with amazing results. So, yes this is an interesting experiment. I don't mind having my hands full, I love growing weed, almost more than I love smoking it. :grinjoint: If nothing else, this will be a great learning experience. Thanks for following! :smokin:

How many plants do you think you can fit in a 12"x15" grow space? That's like one five-gallon pot.

I'm using 1 quart containers and I can fit 3-4. The original idea was to use even smaller containers and do a mini sea of green... That idea has not been discarded, just tabled. ;) For now I'm trying it with 1 quart containers, I just really need to find some square ones. :grinjoint:

My local hydro shop sells 6x6x7h plastic pots for $1.25 each

Sweet! I live in a small city w/ no hydro shop, but I have friends in the DFW area that could probably buy them and mail 'em to me. :grinjoint: Or, yeah I could just order them from an online store (but, I'd rather not...) In your opinion, what's the best hydro shop in the metroplex?

Oh that I don't know, I'm new at this myself. The one closest to me is Jolly Green Hydroponics - Hydroponics, Hydroponic, Garden

Cool thanks! I'll have to send one of my friends over there to grab some containers and maybe some mylar. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom