DatDude's Bagseed First Indoor CFL Grow

DatDudeDc

:welcome: So as i am new to this site i am also new to growing. Watching my cousin try and fail inspired me to take up the challenge. Ive been reading posts and soaking up information from this site for a week or two now and i hope to learn even more as time progresses. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for following if you decide to. Lets get started

What strain is it? - Unknown, bagseed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? - Unkown
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Veg
If in Veg... For how long? - About 4 days now
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? - 60% soil 40% perlite
If soil... What size pot? - 16oz cups
Size of light? - Variety of Cfl lights
Is it aircooled? - Fan
Temp of Room/cab? - 85 average
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering? - Every 2-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? -Havent decided yett

Ill be uploading pictures about every 2-3 days to show growth of the plants. 2 have sprouted from the ground already. If this grow is successful and i learn alot ill be ordering seeds for my next grow.

IMAG02947.jpg
IMAG02936.jpg
IMAG02957.jpg
IMAG02927.jpg

The fan shouldnt be blowing directly on the sprout youll need an oscilating fan instead. I think they say not to put a fan on until its 2-3 weeks old but you seem to have a problem with heat so just let the fan face toward a wall on low. Just think, in nature does a strong wind blow 24/7? Make sure your bulbs arent too close, 2-4 inches is ok. What size are your cfls? How many do you plan to have during veg and flower?

I haven't really decided how many Cfl's I'm going to use yett but i have a lot of them to spare. Also I have this little light bulb, its a 50 watt grow light. I will upload a picture soon, i wanted to know if this light is good to use or not. As far as the fan situation i haven't really been able to find a little oscalating fan that will fit into my area. I thought the fan constantly blowing on the plant would give me a stronger stem lol.

I haven't really decided how many Cfl's I'm going to use yett but i have a lot of them to spare. Also I have this little light bulb, its a 50 watt grow light. I will upload a picture soon, i wanted to know if this light is good to use or not. As far as the fan situation i haven't really been able to find a little oscalating fan that will fit into my area. I thought the fan constantly blowing on the plant would give me a stronger stem lol.

Theres a lot of info on the forums as far as how much light you need per plant. They have them at walmart. nothing good comes out of it constantly blowing on the sprout. Its not even green yet.

Is this light good to use ?? I seen it and grabbed it just in case, problem is that it raises the temp in my room to 90. The package said it was for growing and by the color of it i assumed it was that blue light spectrum needed for the veg stage
IMAG02976.jpg

Im not sure about that but idts, ive seen a bulb like that at wallyworld but it was green. Turns out it is just for making your plants look greener or some shit lol???? Imo just stick with the cfls. Later on down the road i suggest investing in a 150w hps theyre like $90 from n-g-w.com but youll have to do something about ventilation cause it will get a lot hotter. Also if you think youll ever have more than 2, like 4 plants, get a 250w.

Alright cool well you seem to be set now! Also i would add 2 more CFLs when you notice the stem turning green. Maybe in a week or so! Good luck :) i will stick around to see what happens

daylight for flowering? xD I had daylight for veg. I thought it was 6500k for veg and like 2700k for flowering? Correct me if I'm wrong..

I picked up some daylight cfl's for vegging... one of the plants grew with a stem that is already burnt. Well at least it looks burnt. Im not really sure. I plan on adding another light or 2 today when i get home. Ill upload a pic or 2 also...

daylight for flowering? xD I had daylight for veg. I thought it was 6500k for veg and like 2700k for flowering? Correct me if I'm wrong..

yeah you're right.
I think its best to look for the kelvin rating on the box (if there is one) rather than go by descriptions.
'soft mood' etc. usually means warmer light. ie 2700k.
a few 6400k bulbs are useful for the later stages of flowering too though and help increase potency apparently.

should be a sticky maybe:
CFL Light Tutorial

Back
Top Bottom