First Grow - Stealth Cab - CFL - Aero Micro Grow

Re: First grow, stealth cab, CFL, aero micro grow

I also began 24hr flush tonight, then I will add nutes tomorrow night. Anyway let me know what you think. I will post pics of the plants in the morning. I might still be able to take a mother clone soon. I will wait till I get my PH meter in, damn thing. I also still need to grab another hanging light for the mother room. I will have to revert her back to veg but I don't think that should be an issue. By the time its ready for clippings I should be done with this grow and starting the BBK clones.

dd41.jpg

I put this clone of my Cherry Tomatoes, in the other day. Check out the roots on it already(started wed. night)
ctroots.jpg

I created my DIY simple cloner rig today. I still need to get a top for it but it was pretty simple. I took 2 identical 12 quart tubs (I believe they are) wrapped some weather stripping around the bottom to make the top tray. I drill 1/2in hole in the top tub also. I happened to pick up a 70gph pond pump for $7.50 it was 50% off. The 1/2in. hole I put my 3/8in. tubing connected to the pump which then splits into 3 1/2 gph drippers. I also drilled 3 drain hole and put the top tub at about a 15 degree angle so the water will drain back into the res. I will add some pick later. I just threw 2 tomatoes clipping into it for a test.

Here are the pics of my simple drip cloner. The baskets are normal 4in. I just drilled holes in them. I may switch to plastic cups for more depth but I will try these out. I need to get a better light in there but, not at this moment. I need to go pick up a fan for some air movement in there, and I will install a vent fan later on. This is also Stealth cab under my work bench. Its actually pretty roomy and would make a better grow room but I have my cab done already. Maybe later on cause I could use 36" or 24" t5s in here...
cb21.jpg

cb4.jpg

cb3.jpg

cb2.jpg

That'll work, but small cuttings don't always nest nicely into hydroton. RW starter cubes ;)

Last foliage pics were of sickly green survivors. They had water drops on the leaves.
I never mist a cutting or plant, in my grow for years. Water gets sucked up, with the nutes.

For low overhead limits, early 12s and then bending them when you must, is more typical.

Those cuttings are Tomatoes, and yes I need to buy some of those cubes I do have some perlite I could do a dual mix for them. The water drop are H2O2 with water, 3% peroxide like a 2:1 mix. I mainly spray the stem on the cutting so it drips in the hydroton for more oxygen count. I have sprayed all my clones it seems to work.

Even if they survive, being sprayed does not help. Extra O2 does not help. O2 is a by-product of photosynthesis. All the O2 in our atmophere comes from this source. No green plant uses any of it. Poisoning slime-rot anerobic beasties that will develop only in extreme dead-air conditions, is a side-issue. These conditions are unlikely in any hydroton pile.
Most green plants tolerate rain, but protect themselves from water's distructive potential with a waxy top-coat, and locate their stomata on the underside only. Put your spray bottle down, give your plants a chance.

BTW: Tomatoes have different tolerance for abuse than cannabis. For trial runs, cannabis is best and costs the same: a snip with scissors.

even if they survive, being sprayed does not help. Extra o2 does not help. O2 is a by-product of photosynthesis. All the o2 in our atmophere comes from this source. No green plant uses any of it. Poisoning slime-rot anerobic beasties that will develop only in extreme dead-air conditions, is a side-issue. These conditions are unlikely in any hydroton pile.
Most green plants tolerate rain, but protect themselves from water's distructive potential with a waxy top-coat, and locate their stomata on the underside only. Put your spray bottle down, give your plants a chance.

Btw: Tomatoes have different tolerance for abuse than cannabis. For trial runs, cannabis is best and costs the same: A snip with scissors.

ok

Back
Top Bottom